Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: The Mabinogion // Part 1.6 : Under the Nose -> Accepting 1 Player  (Read 25706 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Another stab at creating & running a RP!

I present:

The Mabinogion
------------------------------------------
Loosely based on the game Mabinogi.
OOC thread : Here

Spoiler: Map! (click to show/hide)

Intro:

In the northern part of southern Britain Erin, there was a town named Tir Chonale.
Tir Chonale is an agricultural town, with a clear stream, the Adelia and located in a small basin. There are two minor dungeons near, Albi and Kiar, and the only road out of the basin is via the road leading to Dugald Alley. Even norther is only Sid Snetha, a wintery wasteland.

Unbeknownst to the people of Tir Chonale (or to anyone. for that matter), five different people were chosen, marked, by the gods with excellence.

The five people were -

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: K17U (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fool (click to show/hide)

Mark of evil :

Spoiler: Lillipad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weirdsound (click to show/hide)

Stats are:

HP - Hit Points. If this reaches 0 you get the state "deadly". If you receive damage in this state, and you fail a roll against your Will, you die.
Mana - Mana, the force that allows you to unleash your deadly mana-ness on your enemies. It slowly recharges over night, when the Eweka (the blue moon) is up.
Stamina - This is consumed by actions such as fighting, crafting and playing dead. It recharges slowly, unless...
Hunger - Hunger is represented as a percentage of your stamina. Your stamina is restricted by your hunger.

Toughness - This affects your HP and defense.
Intelligence - This affects your magic attack and defense.
Dexterity - This affects your ranged attacks, your critical attacks and your crafting skills.
Will - The more Will you have, the harder you are to kill.
Luck - Luck.

Each person can pick one of the god's blessings. Five people may play in this RP :3

Everyone starts with a basic set of garb, to be announced.

Name & claim !
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:39:30 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mabinogion // RP // 5 people
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:55:25 pm »

I'll be the marked of Kihol, but I have to ask, what medium are we using? Maptools, IRC, forums?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »

I'll be the marked of Kihol, but I have to ask, what medium are we using? Maptools, IRC, forums?

I believe it will be forums :P

Don't misunderstand: its not like I can't use maptools Nope, I can't.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 09:59:15 pm »

I'll take Pierro.

Name: Donitz Freedman

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:59:40 pm »

I'll take Pierro.

Ahh, the joke character...literally :3 I'll be writing the two intros in a moment!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 10:02:41 pm »

I forgot a name. Here's one, Zario Darnos. I hope I can be a summoner who summons monsters. It would fit the god of evil/monsters description well.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:27 pm »

I'll take Morgihaan

Name: Alexander Reos

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »

I'll take Pierro.

The holy, disco colored light faded as Donitz's consciousness returned. He had a vision... a view of a
god! A god! Frankly, though, it was a bit disillusioning, as he expected holyness to be ... white?
He vaguely remembered the glimpse at a god. It was a god with every single color you could imagine, and then some ... the main color was purple, though.

He said his name was Pierro.
He gave his blessing to Donitz.
He told him to stir up the world.
He also gifted him with some abilities.

For one, Donitz immidietly felt lucky. A strange feeling, that, but lucky anyhow.
Also, a stringed instrument was in his hands. It had four strings and a sound hole. The instrument was unusually heavy and sturdy looking...

Donitz remembered he had to do something - the graduation test from the school. He was to meet with the four other graduates at the Albi dungeon lobby and enter the graduation dungeon. He still had some time to go do something before the test.

Spoiler: Donitz Freedman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Defense = The usual concept of defense.
Protection = Lowers the chance of being critically attacked.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:45:46 pm by Skyrunner »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mabinogion // RP // 2 people left
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:17 pm »

Nemian.

Name: Griph
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Mabinogion // RP // 2 people left
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »

A flash of white feathers surrounded Zario. His hand passed through them like they were just an image.
The deep voice of what could only be Kihol boomed out from the black surrounding him.

"You have been chosen by me ... do not let me down," the voice warned.

Zario felt a slight burning as a red mark appared on his upper arm.

"Do not let me down ..."

The black shimmered, the black hummed and the black dissolved into the sunny daytime of Tir Chornail.
The people around him didn't act like something out of the normal had happened, and were leading their normal, productive lifes.
Zario had felt something flowing into him in the darkness; he suddenly wanted to laugh maniatically for no reason, but that was just stupid.
He noticed that one of his swords had morphed into a black and red, sinister looking long sword. He was pretty sure it used to be a short sword...
The sword edges looked like someone had modified it with a whetstone (Sword sharpen).

He hefted both of his swords with the realization that he had a graduation test left at Albi dungeon. There was four hours until the agreeded on time.

Spoiler: Zario Darnos (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:46:12 pm by Skyrunner »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Mabinogion // RP // 1 person left
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 10:55:56 pm »

A rushing sound, and Alexander Reos was swept into the Soul Stream, a ethreal space where only white owls live.
The visage of the goddess Tir Chornale worshipped, Morighaan herself, seared into Alexander's eyes.
She murmured, "Peace and order is the way of the world. It is how it was meant to be. Go and establish your version of peace. All peaces are equal. In the case anyone disagrees...."
Her voice dropped into a ominious octave, "Cleanse them with fire. Battle, kill them all and have them submit ... for the greater cause."
Once again, the goddess assumed a tranquil expression.
"Go ..."
Alexander blacked out (whited out?) and woke up in bed. Judging by the height of the sun, there was about 5 hours until the graduation test.

Spoiler: Alexander Reos (click to show/hide)

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 11:04:07 pm »

I love Mabinogi!
I'm gonna go ahead and claim the last remaining mark.
Name: Thrainn Isenwulf.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 11:08:38 pm »

The call of blood awaited him outside the city boundaries, but first there was the matter of the test. Zario quickly realized that he lacked a shield. It would be foolhardy to forget to bring such things to the test, and if the vision were right he might upset a god by dying now. He headed south to the river bridge that lead to the armory.

EDIT: I like how this is the map of the first city in Mabinogi.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:29:26 pm by The Fool »

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »

I wonder if Griph will be immortal in this too.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 11:29:37 pm »

"If it is what you wish then for peace, so shall I become the Harbinger of Death." Alexander said as he stood, gathered his gear, and walked out of the door. Alexander headed toward the armory as he had a more deadly weapon in mind for his use, he would throw aside protection for he had no need of it, his Goddess was watching over him, and he would fight for the sake of peace. All those who would wish to take up a weapon to harm the lives of innocents would be his foes. All those who dared disrupt the peace would die by his blade. For the sake of peace Alexander pledged to become Death itself.

And Death needed a fitting weapon, one few would use, and many would fear. What Alexander sought was a Scythe that stood his size. It would strike fear into the hearts of his foes for upon seeing it they shall know death has come. It shall reap the lives of mean as easily as if they were grass. All those who would oppose the peace would die.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33