Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: The Mabinogion // Part 1.6 : Under the Nose -> Accepting 1 Player  (Read 25701 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: The Mabinogion // RP
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »

The advent of the goddess. That was the first thing Griph thought of. But not the goddess Griph thought it would be.
In front of him was the mirror opposite of Morrigan. Dark skin, black dress and piercing eyes. And she said in a completely non-tiny voice,
"Good to see you standing there and all."
Griph did not understand anything.
"You don't understand anything. I see."
All Griph could see was the blurred motion of Nemian.
"Okay, turn your head."
A force pressed down on Griph, and eye contact was broken. He(?) could suddenly hear.
"Now, listen up. You are to be the secret eyes and ears of me. I'm pretty sure the other major gods have marked other humans, and
I'm pretty sure Pierro also marked one, just for the lulz. So, go! My mark will cover up the weaknesses of you, but in exchange
weaken your strengths. Good? Well, you can't refuse anyway, so..."

And with that, Griph blacked out. He woke in his bed.\

Five hours till gradution test!

Spoiler: Griph (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 04:14:30 pm »

The day before the graduation test, Isenwulf was getting ready for bed...when an old man walked in through his door. Not by the door- through it.
As he watched in shock, the man cast away his robes and revealed himself.
"I am Nuadha. I am the World-treader. I am the one who bridged the void. I am the destroyer of things. And.... I am also the Treasoner."
Thrainn Isenwulf could not move nor speak.
"I am not appreciative of the last title. Yet I still bear it, as the ancient god Atlas did the world. I plan on destroying the aloof gods' amoral, irrational fortress...
They denied it to me, when all I did was work for them! As the destroyer of things, I shall destroy Partholon!"
The once-god raved for a moment.
"...However, I do not ask of you to do that with me. I only want you to partake in my power, in exchange for... power... of a different sort. I shall inform you when that occasion comes. Until then ..."
He slowly disappeared from sight.
Isenwulf collapsed on the floor.

When he woke up, only five hours were left until the test. It was almost 9~10 am.

Spoiler: Thrainn Isenwulf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 04:24:20 pm »

The call of blood awaited him outside the city boundaries, but first there was the matter of the test. Zario quickly realized that he lacked a shield. It would be foolhardy to forget to bring such things to the test, and if the vision were right he might upset a god by dying now. He headed south to the river bridge that lead to the armory.

EDIT: I like how this is the map of the first city in Mabinogi.

You dual wield ;)
However, you walk toward the smithy. A mid-aged man with a short beard is hammering away out back at a hunk of misformed metal. You cannot discern what in the world it is supposed to be.
Furgus greets you.
"Ho there, Zario? I heard that today is your test? Would you care for a fine sword?"

His wares are hanging next to the anvil.

Spoiler: Furgus (click to show/hide)

Furgus was not famous for his skill as a smith.

OOC: Thanks ;3 its a fairly faithful representation of the first town.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »

Griph puts up his hood.
"Right. Well, let's get rid of this worthless shield then, shall we?"

>Put up hood. Go to smith. Sell shield. Buy short sword.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 04:30:44 pm »

And Death needed a fitting weapon, one few would use, and many would fear. What Alexander sought was a Scythe that stood his size.

Alexander made his way to the local blacksmith. Another boy, who also seemed like a graduate, was already there and looking through the items.

"Ho, Alexander!"
Furgus greeted him happily.
"It seems I have many young customers today!"

Alexander asked Furgus for a scythe.
Furgus pointed at the rack.
Alexander politely asked Furgus for a scythe.
Furgus peered at Alexander sideways, then relented and entered his storage room.

He came out with two scythes - one was a small farming scythe (priced 86 gold) and a humongous battle-scythe with two blades, fashioned of black steel and double-edged. It fitted Alexander's wants perfectly. It did not fit his budget.

"Ten thousand fine gold pieces, my boy! It took a fortune to try and make this thing!"

Furgus was probably bluffing - everyone knew he didn't have the skill to make such a piece of deadly art.

What should Alexander do?

(1) Barter
(2) Haggle
(3) Persuade
(4) Threaten
(5) Give up
(6) Come back later and steal it
(7) Another option

By the way, you and Furgus have known each other since you was a baby :3

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 04:33:48 pm »

(1) "Furgus, we both know you could never make such a thing, so don't try, and trick me. So lets make a deal. I'll trade you my sword, my shield, and 100 gold pieces for it. Do you accept?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 04:37:58 pm »

>Put up hood. Go to smith. Sell shield. Buy short sword.

Grith headed towards the smithy.
There were already two people other than Furgus there, one looking at the rack and the other seemingly torn. Furgus was holding two scythes, one a big one and the other tiny. He is striking a triumphant pose.

"Furgus, I want to sell this shield ..."

Furgus glanced at it, then refused.

"Lad, that is a rarity, yes. Just look at it - a carefully tempered steel on a wooden base! Rare is the smith who can pour molten steel on wood and get away with it!"

He explained the ability of the shield - it could sometimes deflect a stray arrow or bolt flying his way.
Furgus offered to sell a short sword for your money.
He also offers to buy it after the graduation test, if you still want.

Still sell it?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 04:40:25 pm »

(1) "Furgus, we both know you could never make such a thing, so don't try, and trick me. So lets make a deal. I'll trade you my sword, my shield, and 100 gold pieces for it. Do you accept?"

Furgus looked back at Alexander.
He held his sword and looked at it closely.
He scratched one of the marks with a finger.

"Hmm... a fine weight, balanced for its kind, and ... Where did you get this, lad? These marks ... these aren't common on weapons. Marks usually get erased if painted, and the sword is ruined if the mark is another metal ..."

->Reply?

*It is a blessed sword.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:33 pm »

"If it's so rare and infamously difficult to make, then I'll trade you it for a short sword and that large scythe there."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 04:41:54 pm »

"I got it from ... lets just say I got it from 'Friend'."

Alexander whips the sword from Furgus's hands, and places the blade against man next to him's neck. "That is mine."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »

Oh, by the way, I have a OOC thread here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=97958.msg2849620#msg2849620 Questions and character sheets, maps all are there. Maps still will be uploaded here.

Furgus glanced at Zario.

"Hmm... thats a fair deal I see there... if someone adds 5000 gold pieces to the table. Elsewise, I'll take your fine sword there."

The sudden brandishing of Alex's sword alarmed Furgus.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:58 pm »

"You can take the worthless stick if he accepts the deal, stranger. Unless, of course, you'd prefer a fight."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:58 pm »

Alexander burst into laughter, and replied "I'm just kidding with you my friend though I am trying to buy it. If I fail you can, you can give it try."

With that Alexander turned back to Furgus, and handed the man his sword, shield, and gold pouch saying "That should be enough correct?"

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »

Thrainn sat up, wondering why he had spent the night on the floor, rather than in his warm comfortable bed.

He tilted his head slightly, scratching it as he was trying to reiterate the happenings from last night. He didn't remember having a party, so alcohol was unlikely to be the reason for his current situation. Furthermore, today was the day of his graduation, so drinking should've been completely out of the question, and he didn't even feel the slightest bit of hangover, but instead an unusual urge to... do something.

He kept sitting there for a moment or two, until the memories came back, hitting him like a sudden spark of divine power.
He had been visited by a Nuadha. He had been offered the power of a god! Well, not technically a god, but basically the same sort of existential being that was like a... whatever.

Thrainn slowly got up and began getting ready for the quest that lay in front of him. He did so by preparing a hefty breakfast for himself and checking all his equipment. And also by putting on some pants, since he had basically been assaulted in the process of changing, and had therefore spent the night almost buck naked.

The activity and the meal served to calm his nerves down a bit, but after he had finished eating and checked twice that he had prepared everything he would need, the urge to do came back.
There was still a lot of time left until he had to be at Albi dungeon, but he felt so full of energy, so absolutely urged to go out and do things, and make things, and to... destroy things?

Thrainn couldn't stand this feeling any longer, and so he grabbed his stuff and headed out for Albi. Even if he would just walk the way from his home to Albi dungeon and back a dozen times over, it would still be better than spending the remaining hours sitting at his table and feeling like that.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:49:37 pm by K17U »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »

Alexander burst into laughter, and replied "I'm just kidding with you my friend though I am trying to buy it. If I fail you can, you can give it try."

With that Alexander turned back to Furgus, and handed the man his sword, shield, and gold pouch saying "That should be enough correct?"

Furgus said, "No, I was offered a special shield." He accepted the gold. He turned to Griph;
"Now, the shield you promised?"

He also unracked a short sword and pocketed the gold.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:02:28 pm by Skyrunner »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33