Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: The Mabinogion // Part 1.6 : Under the Nose -> Accepting 1 Player  (Read 25705 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mabinogion // RP
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »

"I think I'm fine for equipment after all. Thanks letting me know what you have." Zario couldn't take it any longer. The urge to kill something was too much. He had to leave town, and soon. He bided his time as he walked through the town, but as he reached the edge of town he drew his blades. There was much to kill on the way to Albi, and his blades were growing heavy in their sheathes.

He broke into a run, looking for the first unsuspecting creature to cross his path.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »

"I won't be swindled, old man. I'll pay off this stranger's debts, but if you want this shield, I expect something of equal value to the original deal. Buddy."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 05:09:38 pm »

Alexander looked at Furgus in anger, and said "I did not agree to pay for his weapons Furgus, and you should do well to remember that. Keep in mind I you may be a friend, but I will not hesitate to hit you." Alexander turned to the other man, and said "All I want in payment of my debt is the scythe, and any extra value I may owe you will be paid in time."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 05:15:53 pm »

He broke into a run, looking for the first unsuspecting creature to cross his path.

Grith found and killed many brown foxes on the way to Albi. They were all unsuspecting, and a easy kill. Travis, the honorary town guard commented on his bloodthirst, but shut his mouth after a single glare.

The entrance to Albi, a cave opening in the mountains loomed before him.

"I won't be swindled, old man. I'll pay off this stranger's debts, but if you want this shield, I expect something of equal value to the original deal. Buddy."

Furgus shrugged as Zario dashed off, and handed the battle-scythe to Alex.
"Frankly the shield is worth a lot more than just a scythe and a short sword. Tell you what, I'll swap the short sword for a saber, imported all the way from the desert elves!"

(Also, Alex gets the scythe for 5000 gold basically :P)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:15 pm »

Even if he would just walk the way from his home to Albi dungeon and back a dozen times over, it would still be better than spending the remaining hours sitting at his table and feeling like that.

The way to Albi was littered with fox corpses. It was as a black grizzly bear swept its way through in its misaimed anger. For good measure, Thrainn sliced the foxes up and obtained a bunch of inferior leather and meat hunks.

10 + 2 inferior leather squares and three meat hunks were added.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 05:25:29 pm »

"Nice doing business with you Furgus." Alexander says as he tosses his sword, and shield on the table in front of Griph. "You can have that as payment." He says, and then places the scythe over his shoulder, holding on with his hand a third of the way up the handle, he takes off walking towards the Albi dungeon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 05:27:54 pm »

"Nice doing business with you Furgus." Alexander says as he tosses his sword, and shield on the table in front of Griph. "You can have that as payment." He says, and then places the scythe over his shoulder, holding on with his hand a third of the way up the handle, he takes off walking towards the Albi dungeon.

He sees a gruesome scene. It is as if a whirlwind with a thousand blades slashed its way to Albi.
A large amount of brown foxes lay dismembered, with blood everywhere. Travis, the town guard, is  carefully avoiding the road in front of him.

He steps into the lobby of Albi Dungeon.

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 05:33:26 pm »

As Thrainn stored his recently acquired goods in his backpack, he briefly pondered what he was going to do with them.
He wasn't even quite sure why he decided to butcher a bunch of maimed dead foxes. It just felt right to do it. To slice something up, and thereby creating other things - albeit things of poor quality.

"Well I suppose I'll just have fox for dinner then" he mumbled to himself.
"And I could sell the leather. Or stitch some poorly made gloves from it.
Or maybe I'll just rip it apart for giggles. It's not like it's gonna be worth much, with a quality like that."

Talking to himself like that, Thrainn continued on to the dungeon.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 05:39:07 pm »

"Throw in a decent helmet and we'll have a deal."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 05:56:04 pm »

Talking to himself like that, Thrainn continued on to the dungeon.

On the way, he overheard Raynold, the warrior, teacher chatting with Lasa, the pretty magic teacher of the school. They were talking about the graduation test.

Raynold : ... and they will get a book of some tips for dungeon going.
Lasa : Did you bring the ...
Oh, here! (Raynold holds up a paper with the mark of evil and some tiny letters on it) :
Ah, so you have created it ...

She looked at it.

It seems rather sloppy - such as this line here. Are you sure it works?
Its perfect! I just followed the book you gave me!
If you say so...

"Throw in a decent helmet and we'll have a deal."

"Humph, you are a hard bargainer. Fine, take it!"
Furgus handed a saber, a cuirassier helmet and a small bag of things.

"The bag's for luck! Farewell!"

Furgus turned back to his lump of metal and started hammering again.

Saber, cuirassier helmet, small bag obtained.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 05:58:50 pm »

>Go to what's-it dungeon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 06:06:55 pm »

>Go to what's-it dungeon.

Griph heads merrily off to the Albi dungeon for the test.

Part Zero, the Introduction completed.

Part One, the Reveal will be posted soon. ;3

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 08:29:45 pm »

Donitz finaly gets over his dream and newfound luck enough to pay a quick visit to the general store in search of tools, potions, and other misc items that may be of use in the dungeon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 09:11:18 pm »

Donitz finaly gets over his dream and newfound luck enough to pay a quick visit to the general store in search of tools, potions, and other misc items that may be of use in the dungeon.

Quickly, before Part One. ;3

Small health/stamina/mana potion. - Restores 15
Bandages - Reduces wound damage
Base potion - A base for powerful potions
Potion kit - A tool set for making potions in the field.
A Brewer's Guide to Potionmaking (book&skillbook)
A Herbalist's Guide to Herbs (book&skillbook)
An Introduction to Magic: Firebolt (book&skillbook)
Individual Elementalist: Icebolt (skillbook)

*note: skillbooks are used after someone learns them. Books have text. Book&skillbooks have a oneuse skill AND text.

Ten foot wooden pole
Lute
Mandolin
Hoe
Various foods
Potion/herb bags
Bear trap
Goddess crystal -> basically a ward for undead monsters. Single use
Campfire set -> create an instant campfire, just add water
Firewood -> three to one campfire
Tents

Buy away! The magic skillbooks are very expensive, and the books are cheap and usefulz
I recommend buying more than one day's supplies...*winkwink

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:45 pm »

Leafing through the inventory Donitz picks up 2 of each available potion type and 2 base potions, as well as five days worth of food and supplies.

If there is money left he buys stuff in this order...

Potion Bag
Potion Making Kit
Potion Book
3 Beartraps

He will inquire about books on trap making and mechanics.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33