Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awesome Last Stands  (Read 3661 times)

TulonSG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Awesome Last Stands
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:37:05 pm »

The Axedwarf Tulon Shiggosalath Gostanggatin, my 40th character in the last three days, was doing pretty well.  He'd just slaughtered an entire bandit camp single-handedly without a scratch.  Unfortunately, he didn't make to shelter before he was attacked by bogeymen.  I decided not to just quit and start a new character but to put up as much a fight as I could, and soon one of them kicked Tulon in the lungs, causing a mortal wound.  Still, he fought on.  Soon he entered a martial trance, and I kept getting messages saying that "The bogeyman is surprised by the ferocity of your attacks".  Tulon beheaded three of the bogeymen and drove off the rest before finally suffocating to death.

So what other awesome last stands have you seen in adventure mode?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Awesome Last Stands
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »

Every battle is a last stand for me.

Last stand against Titans, Goblins, Bandits, Yaks...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 03:58:21 pm »

My swordsman got stuck in a last stand against bogeymen in a fort. I got jumped before I got there, so the bogeymen chased me inside. They killed most of the sleeping people, so I was the last survivor. I killed a bunch of them, with bad wounds. The cackling stopped, so I started to walk and bled to death.

I imagine my guy slowly lurching along trying to get to the keep, then he starts to drag his weapon, stops, falls to his knees, then faceplants in the dirt, the life in him having been drained from his body...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:14 pm »

Every battle is a last stand for me.

Last stand against Titans, Goblins, Bandits, Yaks...

Yaks are vicious, man.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:46:36 pm »

Especially skeletal ones.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

I went to kill a Bandit Camp.

One of My Legs was hacked off, and there was still one Swordsman, one Spearman, and Four Archers.
I Headkicked the Swordsman, Killing Him. The Spearman then Impaled Me through the Lower Body.
I Kicked Him in the Upper Body, then did a Takedown with My Right Hand. Then Punched Him to Death with My Left Hand.

Then the Awesome part.
I crawled towards the Archers, getting Shot every single turn.
I made it to them, riddled with Arrows and bleeding. I was only able to Bite due to My Injuries.
So, I bit the first ones Throat, and tore it apart.
Then the second ones Foot, then His Lower Body, then His Guts.
Then I was shot in the Head. And didnt Die.
So I crawled over, and Pushed into the Third Archer.
I was Violently Pushing until I Bled to Death.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

TulonSG

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »

Then the Awesome part.
I made it to them, riddled with Arrows and bleeding. I was only able to Bite due to My Injuries.

Now that is awesome.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »

Myself, and a random assortment of soldiers, were ambushed by an insane amount of bandits.
We fled to the top of the hill. I was the only one who made it. I took out my crossbow in one hnad and a short sword and shield in another.
Bandits piled up the hill, I fired until I had expended my arrows. One climbed up behind me. I tossed my crossbow at him, jamming his skull through the brain. I took out my whip and braced myself. Bandits swarmed from all sides, I bashed, struck, stabbed, hacked, and lashed my way to victory, until the mountain was covered in bandito corpses. Losing is fun, shitheads.
Indeed.

PijanySmok

• Bay Watcher
  • For mother Celestia, THIS IS PONYVILLE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:16:13 pm »

That was really epic. After loads of killed boogeymans, loads of killed goblins, loads of killed beasts, I found a lair. I came in with my bloody iron 2h sword, and my iron shield. I was sneaking, after some walking in lair I found a hydra. I was "LOLOSHITHYDRANOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" so I panicked and tried to run, but hydra spotted me. I had 1.6k speed, so I got out of the lair, and I decided that I'll be throwing my sword at it until it dies. So I threw my sword at it, it got stuck in it's 4th head. I was "omfg not my sword". I tried to take it out but I couldn't. Hydra attacked me, I was on ground and tried to stand up (idiotic idea), then it has lolpwned my left arm, and I knew I won't be able to use my sword anymore. When still lying on ground, I was biting the hydra and bashing it with my shield. Finally after long battle, I got it bitted so much that it died. I was "LOLWTFHAHAHA" but I didn't have my other hand, so I took my sword with me and jumped to nearest lake and drowned.

The only loss in that fight was my left arm, but I really overbitten that hydra to death xD

And, I was playing as human hero outlander.
Why my pic doesn't work?

Check me or pm me there if you want something:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmokNiszczyciel

To all ponies: let's take control over the world!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »

OoH! Another thread to tell the story of my favorite adventurer's story in :D

Powder Strenght Swordsman, to give a bit of background, had had his foot ripped off by a surgeon when walking to hsi first quest along a river. He proceeded to kill a wave of bogeyme and two bandit camps without a foot.

On his way back to town though, he was ambushed by more bogeymen. He was bruised and hurt, and it was doubtful he could survive. He cut many of them down with his scimitar, before being broken by a bogeyman who he cut apart right before suffocating.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

YEAH!
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »

Then the Awesome part.

Now that is awesome.

Agreed.

Also, Chilton, most of those words there didn't need to be capitalized at all.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 10:40:12 pm »

Well, here comes in an elf armed with a steel sword and shield. She has been training on punching bags for the last week and has gotten pretty well with shield use.

Then she goes after bandits. In a small world, near the coastline and right next to a town she encounters them.

A whole 15 man band. Sneaking in and using her bow, she was able to shoot firebrands at the nearest guards, igniting them and exploding them in their own blood, that did not kill them though. She repeated this until some lucky arrows found their mark through eye slits in the helm or in...very vulnerable areas.

Then one of the patrolling guards swept in and spotted me. I was surrounded apparently and did not see the ones on my back, drawing my shield and sword I fought with valiance aiming at the hands and feet. Many of them fell as I retreated backwards, swinging my sword wildly.

Too many bodies though, I ended up with "You dodge the bandit" many times, even got knocked down and still dodged only it was "roll away from the bandit" now. Also, my counterstrikes kept on hitting their legs, toppling them over each other.

Then came their crossbowmen and archers, darn projectiles were flying all over, strangely mostly all of the strikes came on my shield as if they were aiming for it. While I was lying on the ground.

Then came the master halberdier, after me finishing most of the melee and a few archers I could shoot in the pause, it became a duel of blades. I managed to slit his throat about...three times? He just kept going at me, I was rolling away on the ground. I wondered if he loved charging me everytime I stood though.

A lucky shot then came to my left foot, by one of those archers. I fell down in pain, the master cut my...chest and blood spilled. A few counterstrikes later on both sides and he died but I lay on the ground in heavy pain getting pincushioned by bolts and arrows, they were still aiming at my shield though.

And then it ended when one of the crossbowmen decided to charge in and bayonet my face through my full helm. He was fat and his teeth were spread out. He was short.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »

I'll let the pic do the talking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »

The first time I played Genesis Mod, I was very excited, so I genned a very high savagery world to give me a challenge. Bad idea. First day out as a shield dwarf: 17 giant capybaras. Fortunately no injuries. Next day: more capybaras. And again. And again. AND AGAIN. The, on the whatever day that this poor harrassed shield dwarf was adventuring, desperately trying to find a town to retire in, he got ambushed by a pack of about 15 giant capybaras and about 10 velociraptors. I went down swinging, cutting off limbs at random, biting claws, the whole deal. I killed 3 raptors and 5 capys before I went down, having my throat torn open. The raptors then turned on the capybarqas, covering my corpse in (more) gore and guts. Not bad for a first.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: [1] 2