Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of victory and defeat. [The end.]  (Read 7266 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of frames and boxes. [1/10]
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:50 am »

CHARIOT has two weapons. The first one is a single anti-tank missile that should go straight through even the thickest armor, so the robot can move in and finish its opponent with a smaller mechanical saw.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 11:03:22 am »

The Terranator (Or whatever I called it) will...I don't know. I'm bad with Sci-Fi, uh...Give it some kind of a strong laser, and a close-range fast "Nail-pounder" machine gun (As in, it slams large, armor-piercing slugs into the enemies frame at a ridiculously fast rate

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 03:51:56 pm »

A long distance, high powered railgun/coilgun and a slicing, stabbing claw thing.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 05:05:07 am »

A bunch of missiles with black hole converters on them. Also a self-destruction mechanism for the lulz.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 08:48:54 am »

Weapon design came next.  The competitors each had their own idea as to what constituted the perfect weapons array...

DigitalHellhound:
CHARIOT has two weapons. The first one is a single anti-tank missile that should go straight through even the thickest armor, so the robot can move in and finish its opponent with a smaller mechanical saw.

[4]  The main armament of CHARIOT is a single anti-tank missile.  It's got serious penetration value, but it's limited to a single shot. 

[4]  The secondary weapon is a simpler mechanical saw, but simple doesn't mean not deadly.  It's got quite the sharp edge.

Spoiler: CHARIOT (click to show/hide)

Dave1004:
The Terranator (Or whatever I called it) will...I don't know. I'm bad with Sci-Fi, uh...Give it some kind of a strong laser, and a close-range fast "Nail-pounder" machine gun (As in, it slams large, armor-piercing slugs into the enemies frame at a ridiculously fast rate

[6]  You have rigged in a giant Hellbore laser cannon of frightful power.  It's a threat to itself and others, though.

[6]  The "Nail-pounder" machine gun secondary shoots off a storm of slugs, but your spent too much time perfecting the laser to make sure it doesn't jam.

Spoiler: Weaponry (click to show/hide)

fergus:
A long distance, high powered railgun/coilgun and a slicing, stabbing claw thing.

[5]  They said a railgun couldn't be mounted on a robot due to the power system limits.  Joke's on them, because you did it!

[1]  You ran out of time for the claw backup, though.  It's pretty much just a metal club with a couple spikes.

Darvi:
A bunch of missiles with black hole converters on them. Also a self-destruction mechanism for the lulz.

[4]  You come up with a high-explosive missile rack for the primary.  The theory behind the black-hole converter isn't ready yet, so you just add more missiles!

[3]  The backup is an Equalizer explosive warhead.  Devastatingly powerful, but it isn't conducive to the continued existence of your bot.

Turn 3: Defenses!  Weapons are great, but without defenses, you're just target practice.  Design the defenses of your robot, and be creative!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mini RTD - Robo Battle! Of lasers and self-destruct devices. [2/10]
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 10:38:21 am »

A good offense is the best defense. My robot has a motion-sensor-triggered nuke..
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 01:01:57 pm by Darvi »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 12:10:19 pm »

Hidden mechanisms beneath the steel constantly rearrange the layout of the armor, strenghtening targeted sections and patching up damage as a sort of adaptive armor
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

A motion triggered what now?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 12:25:51 pm »

For Defenses, the Terranator will focus on a powerful machine that can be used to send Nano-bots to automatically repair any damage.

I'm liking this, it's fun making my robot :P.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »

Fine.

My robot will not have a nuke. Instead it has a quantum generator that can make it phase out into a state of quantum uncertainty. In other words, attacks may or may not affect it at the slightest and just go through it.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

My robot shall have a mirror quality surface to reflect lasers and shock absorbers built into the frame to try and minimise explosive damage.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 10:17:43 pm »

Every robot must protect itself, somehow.

Digital Hellhound:
Hidden mechanisms beneath the steel constantly rearrange the layout of the armor, strenghtening targeted sections and patching up damage as a sort of adaptive armor

[5]  The adaptive armor design is a success!  The armor is able to shore up the defense of any targeted part, and can even repair itself given a sufficient charge from the main power source.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dave1004:
For Defenses, the Terranator will focus on a powerful machine that can be used to send Nano-bots to automatically repair any damage.

[1]  After an error in calculation that nearly causes a Grey Goo situation, you have to resort to a more mechanical repair solution.  It's effective, but less efficient.

Darvi:
My robot will not have a nuke. Instead it has a quantum generator that can make it phase out into a state of quantum uncertainty. In other words, attacks may or may not affect it at the slightest and just go through it.

[1]  You created a quantum generator, but oddly, it both seems to work and not work.  Running low on time, you simply add some pulse jets to give it some ability to dodge.

fergus:
My robot shall have a mirror quality surface to reflect lasers and shock absorbers built into the frame to try and minimise explosive damage.

[2]  The mirrors are a success, but they're fragile.  You hope that's not a problem...

Prototype Robots:

Digital Hellhound
Spoiler: CHARIOT (click to show/hide)

Dave1004
Spoiler: Terranator (click to show/hide)

Darvi
Spoiler: Will-E (click to show/hide)

fergus
Spoiler: Phacon (click to show/hide)

Turn 4: Finalization!

Each robot has four parts.  You may reroll any one part this turn.  If you're happy with your design, you may opt to make no changes.  Be warned- whatever the new roll is, it sticks!

Helpful Reminder:  If one robot is not destroyed at the end of the battle, the robot with the higher percentage of HP left wins.  On a tie, I will simulate one more phase of combat by approximating a turn based on past orders until we have a winner.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 10:46:59 pm »

I'll re-do my frame. Try to get some extra defense in there...Seriously. I'm a walking noodle. Er, rolling* noodle.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:49:27 pm by Dave1004 »

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

Redo the mirrors, try to make them a bit tougher.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 03:12:22 am »

Nah, I'm good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6