Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Four! Post your actions!  (Read 4229 times)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Four! Post your actions!
« on: December 22, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »

Note: This is a re-boot of this RtD, which, unfortunately, never got off the ground. This is pretty much all copy-pasted from the original post, with minor additions and changes.

It is the year 20XX, and DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES now rules the world. Earth has been plunged into an ENDLESS NIGHT, and humanity wages a desperate war against the vile FORCES OF DARKNESS.

YOU are servants of DRACULA, KING of all VAMPIRES, and are members of one of the many HUMAN HUNTING SQUADS that currently roam the wastelands of the endless night, seeking the members of the human resistance and their allies. Can you serve Dracula, rise in the ranks, and become a member of Dracula's SERPENT COURT, or will you fall before the brave fighters of the resistance? Can you avoid, appease, or outwit the sinister politics of the VAMPIRE LORDS, or will you be swallowed up in their plots? Will you let your former humanity get the better of you, or will you stay strong, harness the beast, and be all the monster you can be?

Only time - and the endless night - will tell!

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheets! (click to show/hide)

Player list:
1.Dwarmin
Spoiler: Alanis Greenmoore (click to show/hide)
2.Hitty40
Spoiler: Frip (click to show/hide)
3.Sinpwn
Spoiler: Jitters Mc.Farlen (click to show/hide)
4.Nilum
Spoiler: Logan Mallow (click to show/hide)
5. wolfchild
Spoiler: Luna (click to show/hide)
Waitlist:
1. adwarf
2. Tiruin

I won't be overly kind in this, so if the dice kill the person, that person is dead. Forever. Excluding the chance of being turned into a ghoul/wraith. Anyways, welcome to hell!  8)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 12:39:47 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! (Recruiting!)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »

Ummm, okay. :P

Here's my char. Again! I'm sure you don't mind a little copy-paste...

Name: Alanis Greenmoore
Backstory: Before the fall, Alanis was one of the few Humans who openly opposed Dracula-a Vampire Hunter, working in the shadows while the world slept...despite her efforts, and those of others, they could not stop the apocalypse to come. She fell in the opening months of the conflict, trying to desperately organize the resistance-but not before detonating a vest of C4 in the Vampire Den to cover her allies in a failed raid. The explosion should have destroyed her body utterly-not even a shred was meant to be left.

But, Dracula decided to show all who opposed him there was no escape, even in death. The Vampires used their dark magic to raise her Spirit from the afterlife, and bind it to their will. Now, she serves her new masters, hunting those she once called friend...

Class:Wraith
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »

Name: Frip
Backstory: As a child, Frip was fascinated by stories of werewolves...until a lucky scratch by one while walking down an alleyway in the full moon changed him.
Class:Werewolf
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:19:41 pm »

I would be a hypocryte if I condoned Copy-pasting  :P Both of you added.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »

Name:Jitters Mc.Farlen
Backstory: Before he was raised, Jitters was a chemist and a gun nut, often dealing in less legitimate scenes. When he was raised from the dead, he maintained an unnatural amount of intelligence and free will. He embraced his love of chemistry and guns in the service of Dracula, making dangerous and often somewhat impractical weapons and modifications. While he enjoyed working behind the scenes, he could never sate his lust for battle and brains, so he joined a hunting squad.
Class: Ghoul.

Copypaste for fun and profit.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 04:31:05 pm »

Name: Logan Mallow
Backstory: Logan was unique amongst his peers -- he never opposed Dracula's ascent to power. He accepted it. Humans were trash, they were weak -- they were fragile. Inferior beings in every respect, Logan believed that the age of man had ended. Survival of the fittest was the only law here, where might makes right. It is no surprise, then, that he pledged allegiance to the Dark Lord; the only irony is that he refused to give up the one thing he so resented: his own mortality.
Class: Renfield (+2 to melee defense rolls, +2 to ranged defense rolls, +1 to first-aid rolls, +1 to research rolls)
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 04:36:12 pm »

Posting to watch.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 04:49:44 pm »

Only half the team is actually alive. This could lead to some interesting situations. And one of them hates the vampires. Oh the horrible things that could happen. . . .

Added: and remember that I will not drop a rock on you if you go off the tracks. Yes, that means that you can go off and help your friends, Dwarmin, if you can get away from whichever vampire bound you.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »

I'm in, just let me find my sheet from the other

Edit: Here we go

Name: Luna (Had a last name but was forgotten (you may bring this up if you like))
Backstory: Luna used to be a simple office worker, working in the same room on the same job year in year out. Never getting noticed or appreciated. Compounding this was that she was the only one who ever cleaned up in her house, despite all of them paying equal rent. So, on her life went, from drudgery at work, to drudgery at home, to bed, then back to drudgery at work. In fact, Dracula's attack was almost welcome to her, "Finally! some excitement!" Along the line somewhere, she was infected with lycanthropy, and after a couple of months to become accustomed to it, she started to exult in it; this was exciting. and as far away from her old life as it made no difference, plus she could fight people when they annoyed her. Yet even so, when she goes to sleep; there is an occasional doubt curling at the back of her mind, a what if.
Class: Werewolf
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »

Ok, wolfchild in. May post first turn tonight, or maybe not. Only time shall tell.

Edit: Also, wolfchild, giving me a moral weakness to exploit? You're too kind.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:27:22 pm by Superior_Tomato »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 05:30:28 pm »

It was originally for that other person who tried this, but you are welcome
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 05:43:37 pm »

Waitlist me please.

Also posting to watch

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn One!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »

Good to know. Also, waitlisted.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 03:48:57 am by Superior_Tomato »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

Ahh, waitlist me.
Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn One!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 03:49:31 am »

Turn One

You hear Dracula before you see him. His voice, rich and seemingly coming from everywhere at once, is laden with contempt for whoever he is adressing, presumably an underling. "And what, pray tell, is the news that you wish to disturb me with this time?"
You struggle to hear a strained voice from the room beyond, almost impossible to hear through the thick door that Dracula's voice penatrated with ease.
"A-a-a n-n-new squad of h-hunters, m-m-master"
"Not all Renfield, I hope? You know what happened last time, and you know what happens to servants of mine who make two mistakes?"
"Y-yes master".
"Good. Let this new team in".
"Of course m-master"
The door infront of you opens, and the guards standing with you usher you forward, into the great hall. Your group stops somewhat awkwardly, with the eyes of the entire court scruitinising you. Dracula breaks the silence.
"A ghoul, a Renfield, two werewolves and a wraith. None of my kindred, nor any scion. I hope my administrator has not made a second mistake".
Dracula pauses, and you get a chance to really study the room you're in. Infront of you, Dracula lounges on a golden throne, an elegent glass of blood held loosely in one hand, and the various other vampire lords sit in a horseshoe-shape around the room, in a variety of different postures, but nonetheless still managing to stare haughtily down at you. Again Dracula speaks, directly addressing the group:
"You will be given a task to prove yourselves. A group of rebels has been causing trouble in a nearby village. They will likely not cause that much trouble, and the must be exceedingly stupid to hide in a village so close to here, but the have nevertheless managed to attack some of my transports. You will be accompanied by on of my trusted servants, and you are to destroy any rebel activity in the area. You have 3 hours to get yourselves armed and ready, and you will be expected to be at the main gate at 9. You are free to go now".
You walk relatively calmly back through the main doors, where you are met by a tall vampire, who leads you silently over to the main complex.

Ok people, you have about three turns to get armed, advised and just generally ready.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4