Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Four! Post your actions!  (Read 4236 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn One!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 04:32:06 am »

Alanis Greenmoore nodded silently, her spirit form fading in and out like a broken image on a movie screen.

What a joke-could they threaten her with destruction? It would be a blessing...no, the vampires could do worse than making her fight on their behalf. Much worse. She had seen other disobediant Wraiths subjected to little better than slavery, waiting hand and foot on vampiric masters who did not have to worry about losing their temper and destroying them like a frail human might be. Not that they still couldn't inflict pain...yes, the pain was still there.

Pain. It was all she could remember since...

That day. They thought to press their luck again...one more time. Hit a Vampire nest, the biggest one in the area. They had been ready. Her intrepid little band of freedom fighters, each one she knew personally. They had looked up to her as leader...she didn't account for betrayal, though.

Alanis knew the moment they had entered the defiled church-no opposition encountered-and she had done a head count. And He wasn't there.

"It's a tra.." she began to say. They attacked before she could finish. Waves of brainless ghouls first, eating up precious ammunition, sapping their endurance. Then the Werewolves, carrying heavy armor and steel claw gauntlets

Behind them, the traitorous Renfields with their motly collection of blades and firearms. They cowered in the shadows, surging forward when her group weakened, falling back in fear when they rallied. She hated them most of all-and made sure her shots found them whenever possible.

They fought to the rear of the building, carving their way through the fodder. Only half her people were left, though they had taken a fair number of the foe with them.

Finally came the vampires-some walking casually, others gliding, flying or even skipping. Of course, now they intended to feast on the meal there minions had prepared for them, now that the ammunition was low, and the numbers reduced.

Alanis didn't hesitate, jumping into their midst-slashing, shooting, clubbing, stabbing, beheading. She fought harder than she ever did, for all the good it did. They dragged her down, and fangs pierced her from many sides, but none found her neck...yet. She heard a voice, telling them to spare her so she might serve Dracula in undeath as his slave. Really? She smiled and pressed the detonator in her left pocket-sending 4 pounds of plastic explosive laced with silver nails into the collected enemies...thinking as her spirit fled, this was a good way to die...it was how she had wanted to go out...but that wasn't the end.

She returned to her sense. What use were these memories? Nothing had gone right...nothing. She saw her 'Mistress'-
the one who had bound her into this Hellish existence, motion for her to approach with a sly smile. She had no choice but to obey her. No choice at all.

Action: Speak to the Vampire who bound my spirit
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:35:23 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:24 am »

Luna inquires about whether or not any objects belonging to the humans were captured, specifically any that could hold a scent
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 06:05:21 am »

Damn, I would've wanted in again. Oh well. Put my old character in as an NPC. >_>
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn One!
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 06:38:06 am »

Dwarmin, what do you want to speak to her about? Anyway, there's a good chance that she'll just send you away.

Also Digital, you shall appear in the next 5 turns or so.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:43:38 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 07:07:36 am »

@Superior: I mostly wanted to give you an opening to introduce my nemesis into the game.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 07:21:06 am »

Is it Ok if I set you to information gathering after you are humiliated? It's about the only thing you can do.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 07:44:49 am »

Try to aquire the following things: A melee weapon, light armor, a ranged weapon and some bombs. possibly from my personal supply.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 07:48:39 am »

Is it Ok if I set you to information gathering after you are humiliated? It's about the only thing you can do.

It will only feed my desire to break those chains!  :P

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 10:22:34 am »

Armor self with leather vest, trousers and boots, and arm myself with leather wraps.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 10:53:30 am »

"Killing rebels, eh? I love fighting against humans. So deliciously weak and fleshy."

Acquire a sword and a cape. Preferably ones that match my suit.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 11:35:33 am »

The writing of the turn is in progress.

Edit: Turns out I'm bloody amazing at distracting myself. Should be up soonish.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:16:02 pm by Superior_Tomato »

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »

Turn Two
In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape.
Quote from: Nilum
Acquire a sword and a cape. Preferably ones that match my suit.
You ask the vampire directions to the quartermaster's and he tells you: " Go straight through the common room, into the bar, and take the first door on the left". You follow these instructions and find yourself in a rather spacious room, with chairs against the wall, and a counter dominating the room. A middle aged man sits behind the counter, reading a paperback. Before you can read the title, he puts it down on the desk and asks: "What can I do for you?" You ask if he has any capes in stock (Action difficulty=5 (After all, such a stylish cape is trulely rare) (8) and he smiles "Well, my friend, you are truely in luck. Earlier this week, one of the younger vampires was killed on a mission. Thankfully, all of his equipement was recovered, and none of it was damaged. The equipment was passed onto me, as the vampire had no will whatsoever, and he was a snappy dresser to top it off".
The quartermaster opens a door behind him, reveiling rows and rows of neat shelves and chests, dissapears momentarily as he goes to fetch the cape, and returns with a fine black cape (I'm assuming your suit is black), handing it to you over the counter. You try it on, and it fits like it had been tailor made for you. "Anything else?" the shoopkeeper asks. You ask for a sword (Action difficulty=3) (3) The shoopkeeper grumbles. "Seems like everybody's after swords these days, and the break them like they were toys. I think I have one or two lurking around. The quartermaster goes once again into the storage, and comes out with a servicable sword, which he hands to you. "Anyhting else? No? Just a tip, from me to you, if you want to keep that snazzy suit of yours in order, some of the lads are running a tailors shop. Just ask around for Jared". You head back to the common room, taking care not to crease your suit.

Quote from: Hitty40
Armor self with leather vest, trousers and boots, and arm myself with leather wraps.
You follow Logan to the quatermasters shop, and after he's finished talking, you ask for some leather clothing and wraps. (Dif = 4)(5)(5)(4) (Dif=3)  He walks into Storage and returns with some slightly worn leather vest and trousers, and some adequate boots. He shruggs and says: "Sorry, but we don'thave any spare leather, and I'm not willing to cut up decent armor for such a small thing". You thank him, and then follow Logan to the common room.

Quote from: Sinpwn
Try to aquire the following things: A melee weapon, light armor, a ranged weapon and some bombs. possibly from my personal supply.
You follow Frip and Logan to the quatermasters, and take a seat while the requisition their equipement. You shuffle up to the counter, and request your stuff politely. The quartermaster, who was eyeing you warily up until now, looks taken aback. "An intelligent Ghoul! And polite too! I never thought I'd see the day. As for the bombs, if I can find any, you're not allowed to have any explosives within the complex, but if I find any, I'll get an assistant to deliver them to you at the gate. (Dif=2) (4) (Dif=4) (5)(6)(1) (Dif=5) (7) (Dif=6) (6) The shopkeeper comes back with a nice leather jacket, a trendy pair of leather trousers, a good quality revolver with around 18 bullets and a crowbar that looks suprisingly like the one that Gordon freeman uses. Maybe the Gordon Freeman of this alternate universe got run over by a truck or something. Whatever.
Anyway, the shopkeeper says "Here you go, sorry I couldn't find any boots, but I managed to scrounge up some old Flash-bang grenades. Hopefully they'll be delivered when you're leaving. You put on the clothes, stuff the revolver and ammunition into your pockets, and stick the crowbar through your belt. You fell that you probably couldn't carry much more without a rucksack. Or a sack for that matter. You consider following Logan and Frip to the common room, but realise that you're probably not that welcome there, so you stand in the quartermaster's shop, looking gormless.

Quote from: wolfchild
Luna inquires about whether or not any objects belonging to the humans were captured, specifically any that could hold a scent
You walk into the common room and look around. You spy a young man leaning against a wall, seemingly unoccupied. You walk up to him and ask if he knows of any objects that belonged to the group of rebels. He stops for a moment, thinks, then speaks: "A werewolf, hmm? You should probably try the quartermaster, see if he's recieved any of their stuff. Other than that, you can only ask around".
On the mans advice, you head towards the quartermasters, remember the directions (dif=2) (4) You remember them perfectly, and arrive in the room, walking a past a gormless Jitters Mc.Farlen, and walk up to the quartermaster, who has resumed reading his paperback, realising that Jitters isn't doing anything. "Can I help you?" he asks, and you ask him if he has any objects that belonged to the rebels in the nearby village (1) The quartermaster shakes his head. "I'm sorry, but the rebels there were careful. The teams found no objects at all". You thank him for his time, and head back to the common room, (dif=3) (4) just avoiding bumping into Logan.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Action: Speak to the Vampire who bound my spirit
You try to attract the attention of the vampire who guided you here (dif=3) (4) and he turns towards you once he's finished giving directions. "I wish . . . to see . . . the . . Vampire that bound my soul" you moan. "Your best chance is to check the vampire accomadation, though they may bhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=post;msg=2852182;topic=97965.15e in the common room. You float (?) into the common room, ignoring the fact that Luna just closed it in your face. (2) She's not there. You try to ask around, but people either ignore you entirely, or are confused by your vauge descriptions. Being a ghost SUCKS!

Players:

Spoiler: Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Logan Mallow (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jitters Mc.Farlen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frip (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alainis Greenmoore (click to show/hide)

Ok, I'm tired right now, but hopefully status and proper spacing (Written on notepad) will come soon. Also, feel free to correct me on any mistakes, this is my first time as a GM.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:08:45 pm by Superior_Tomato »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:39 pm »

Posting because this is awesome, and to join the wait-list :P.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:10:14 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 05:34:02 pm »

((@Super: You're only mistake here was giving my own character little direction where to go, with nothing to do but repeat my last action once again.

You don't usually have to roll for plot advancement.))

Action: Head to accomodation! Perhaps my controller has a special task for me to complete during the mission?

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »

Wander around on the search something interesting, try not to lurch. Keep an eye out for boots and a stylish hat on the way.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:52:37 pm by Sinpwn »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4