Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Four! Post your actions!  (Read 4234 times)

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2011, 07:42:51 pm »

YES. I am decked out in the snazziest of attire.

"I'll keep Jared's name in mind should I run into any issues with my suit... though I do take the utmost care to keep it in good shape."

While in the common room, I'll swing my sword around a bit, trying to get a feel for its weight and heft.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »

Luna Looks or information regarding the rebels before leaving
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Two! In which Nilum gets a snazzy cape!
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 02:58:45 pm »

I'm going to take a break over the next few days, but expect the next turn up after that.

Also, your all getting a new skill. (+1) Because you're only getting your class abilities, so wolfchild and hitty are pretty much the same.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:20:35 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Three! Nilum lays down verbal abuse!
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »

Quote from: wolfchild
Luna Looks or information regarding the rebels before leaving
You look around the common room for someone to get advice from, and spot the man you talked to earlier. You walk up to him, and ask for information on rebels in general. He looks up from messing with an amulet, and says: "Oh, it's you again. As for rebels, they're a cowardly bunch, most of them will run away with the slighteset provocation. Growl in their faces a bit, show your teeth, and so on. If you see a Vampire Hunter, run. They're quick, they know your weakness, and they'll be able to take you down in one-on-one combat. If you do have to fight them, try to overwhelm them with numbers, and try not to stay in combat with them for a prolonged time. Other than that, you'll just have to learn from experience".

Quote from: Dwarmin
Action: Head to accomodation! Perhaps my controller has a special task for me to complete during the mission?
You drift into the gloomy flats that house the vampires. Other wraithes drift around, aimlessly, dejected, sorrowful. This angers you, to see the spirits of the dead so neglected.

Suddenly, you see one of the mass evacuation centers that existed when Dracula's invasion had only just started. The masses of humanity, pressed together, breath held, hoping that they wouldn't be found, wailing babies hurridly being shushed.

This sends you into a fit of rage, and you begin to smash probably priceless vases that line the corridor you are currently in. A vampire walks down the corridor, and seeing you smashing vases immeadiatly knocks on the nearest door, evidently hoping that you were bound by the vampire inside. A tall dark male answers, takes one look at you and says: "Be still" All of a sudden, your movements are sluggish, as if the air around youfeels like liquid. You can still, however, move, and manage to knock another vase onto the floor. The vampire visibly winces, and says something to the other, who in turn rushes off down the corridor, where you can't see him. The vampire still with you whispers something, and you find that your body has turned completely incorpereal.
About two minutes later, you see the first vampire coming down the corridor followed by a female vampire, who's jet black hair reaches halfway down her back. When she sees you, her eyes narrow and she says "Ah yes, the Vampire hunter" She nods to the vampire keeping you in place, and suddenly you are able to move. But before you can either do or say anything, the female vampire simply says stop. All of a sudden, your body is locked solid. You struggle to say something, to ask her for orders, and she notices your attempts, waves a hand, an your mouth is able to move again. "Came. . . . to see . . . . . orders about . . . . Mission. . . ." The vampire raises her eyebrow. She says "How thoughtful of you. The stocks of . . . food here are meager, and I often find myself craving fresh blood. I demand that you bring me fresh blood back from your mission. Prefrably a child; the younger they are the sweeter they taste. Now begone!" she shouts, and you have no choice but to obey.

Quote from: Nilum
While in the common room, I'll swing my sword around a bit, trying to get a feel for its weight and heft.
(Dif=2) (3) Realising that it would be stupid to swing a sword around in the common room, where there a tons of people, you ask the nearest person where the training room is. (2) They turn around and sneer at you "How stupid are you? I'll not waste my time on morons". (Dif=4) (8) As he is turning away, you respond with an incredible retort. Everyone in hearing range bursts out laughng, including the man's friends. He reddens, and tries to walk quietly out the room, but is noticed and laughed at all the more. A man nearby says "It's at the end of that corridor" and points. You thank him, and head down the corridor, pausing to bow as you leave the room. (New skill! +1 to witty retorts)
You arrive in the training room, and finding an unoccupied dummy, test out some slices and (dif=4) (5) You get a good feel for the weapon, possibly averting any accidents when you are in battle.
Quote from: Sinpwn
Wander around on the search something interesting, try not to lurch. Keep an eye out for boots and a stylish hat on the way.
You amble through the common room, pausing to chuckle at Logans retort, and (2) (6) fail to find boots, but someone seems to have left a top hat lying on a chair. Well, finder weepers losers weepers, so you take it. (5) Apart from Alainis hurtling through a wall, you find a loose ventilation grille near the exit (dif=5) (5+1) You manage to pull it off without anyone noticing, and find, strapped against the side a letter and package. You take these, and notice that the shaft goes straight to the outside, and would be great for smuggling stuff.
Anyway, you open the letter. It turns out to be a love letter, from a man to his Fiancee (No idea how to spell that) telling her how if he dies on his next mission, she should have the contents of the parcel, which is a knife. Curious as to why he would leave something as common as a knife, you open the parcel, and find a knife in a scabbard. Pulling it out, you see that it is made from a strange metal you don't recognise. You press it against the wall, and it cuts through like the metal was leaves. You pocket the knife, and think that you should probably get something to carry everything in.

Players:

Spoiler: Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Logan Mallow (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jitters Mc.Farlen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frip (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alainis Greenmoore (click to show/hide)

Ok then. I have sent a PM to hitty, and if he doesn't reply within two turns, a rock may fall on him. Add in your new skill with your next action, and I realise that I am making Dwarmin possibly do monsterous things. Also, Nilum, you're free to become a werewolf or vampire, if you find someone willing to infect you. Also becoming a werewolf is about 50x safer than becoming a vampire, for reasons I will specify later. Also you're not allowed to change within 5 turns, as I haven't finished reading the part in Dracula (awesome book, btw) where lucy gets turned into a vampire, and I wouldn't want to miss out any horrors that could affect you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:03:37 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 04:25:24 pm »

Alanis nodded, not concealing her rage...she knew how to listen to orders is such a way that if they were not worded specifically. A child...only preferable...not vital.

She floated away...kill. Destroy. One of them. They couldn't stop her...

A ghostly chuckle emanted-cold as death, it was.

The Vampires didn't care when she killed one of the pets.

Alanis moved toward the Renfield habitation area-somewhere in the shanty barracks outside of the vampire palace-turning herself completely invisible. The machete blade she carried in life materialized into her grasp, and for a moment Alanis could pretend she was still the Hunter that she had been.

Action: Find a secluded Renfield to take my rage out on. Use Stealth to attack when they are alone-freeze the heart in the chest, where there is no question of who did it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 04:39:08 pm »

Go see if I can find a backpack, continue to keep an eye out for any boots.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Three! Nilum lays down verbal abuse!
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 04:43:36 pm »

You're a smart one, Dwarmin. What skill do you choose? Also, incase you hadn't worked it out by now, it would be best to keep the body until after your mission, otherwise your master might be an ickle bit suspicious. Also, well done on cutting it fine, this is the last free turn you've got until you have to start the mission.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 05:05:26 pm »

For my skill, +1 to Damage naturally.

In RP form...

Alanis studied the materalized Machete in her hand-it wasn't the weapon she had wielded in life, no...it lacked certain small details, only she would have noticed. The Vampires kept her powers in check, not letting her access too many memories.

It had been forged of pure silver and steel composite, a bane to anything living or not. Alanis remembered feeling it's comfortable weight in her underhand grip as she drove into every hunt, kicked down every door, descended into every dark place. She had carried it through the years-her constant friend in battle. She remembered...laying it aside, unclasping her armor and removing weapons for...Him. A man? A friend? Who? She could not see his face, not now. But she had felt comfortable with him. Maybe even loved him.

Did it matter? Now He was gone, and It was gone, and She was gone. Only her rage remained...

Alanis looked closer...the Machete was changing. The subtle nicks she had never repaired were returning. The sheen was getting brighter. She had polished it well in life...for the first time in a long time, it felt familiar to her again. Alanis could almost recall the tickle of sweat under the grooved grip that she had felt when she was alive. There was a subtle flash, as she felt something-she couldn't say what-return to her.

She smiled. Memory was the key. The first shackle was broken. There were many more...but this was the first one.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 05:32:26 pm »

Witty retorts? I rather like the sound of that.

Do some investigating: try to figure out what we're up against. Are the humans armed to fight supernatural creatures, are they expecting us, how many are there, etc.

For my skill: +1 to persuasion rolls.
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 02:45:35 am »

Luna gets a bit of rest and then proceeds to the gate
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to serve Dracula! Turn Four! Dwarmin kills a guy for the new year!
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

God, I'm neglectful. It's probably because I just got Terraria :P.

Luna gets a bit of rest and then proceeds to the gate

You thank the man for his time, and retire to a corner for five minutes (dif=5) (1) The noise stops you from getting any kind of rest, and you feel tired as a result of it. Anyway, you head towardds the gate and find you are the only one there. Well, it pays to be early.

(I assume that you'll be fighting in werewolf form for the entire mission, as you are completely lacking in armor or weaponry).

Do some investigating: try to figure out what we're up against. Are the humans armed to fight supernatural creatures, are they expecting us, how many are there, etc.
You feel the need to ask someone about what kind of resistance you'll be facing. You head back to the common room, and ask a friendly looking guy about what you'll be facing (4+2) "Ah! You're the guy who just taught Neil A thing or two. Good job man, he was far too cocky for his own good. Anyway, if you're just fighting a harrasment group, there's a good chance that they'll only have basic weaponry, handguns and the like. They'll probably have some of the usual holy symbols and garlic, but nothing that would really hurt anything. As for numbers, this close to the complex they won't risk more than four, and no less than two, though we have had some lone madmen try to take on our forces. They'll be expexcting you to come, but you can surround them and they'll panic. There's not much else I can tell you, really. But good luck!" Yu thank him and start heading towards the gate.

Go see if I can find a backpack, continue to keep an eye out for any boots.
You head back to the quartermasters, to see if he has any backpacks available. You find him free, and when he sees you he smiles. "Ah it's you. I've already sent off John with the flashbangs, but knowing how easily he gets distracted, you'll probably get to the gate before him. Anyway, what was you wanted?" You ask him if he has any backpacks. (2) The quartermaster dissapears into the storage room, but comes back shaking his head. "Sorry, we don't have any at all. I would be immensely grateful if you could bring some back, if you find any". Anyway, good luck!".
As you head to the gate (6), you see an amazing pair of boots, but they are unfortunately on the feet of a vampire (aka DigitalHellhound), who is also walking towards the gate.

Action: Find a secluded Renfield to take my rage out on. Use Stealth to attack when they are alone-freeze the heart in the chest, where there is no question of who did it.

You drift over to the acommadation blocks, (6) and find a deserted area, in which there is only a young man and a multitude of books. (dif=3) (4+1) You manage to sneak behind the man, as he is so absorbed in his books he doesn't notice you, and (8) (2-2) with a stab of your blade, you pierce his heart, and he dies within. (Dif=5) (8) You start towards his books, hoping to find some paper to stop any blood loss, but, due to some wierd effect of your blade, he isn't bleeding at all. You head towards the gate, leaving the body.

Players:

Spoiler: Luna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Logan Mallow (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Jitters Mc.Farlen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frip (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alainis Greenmoore (click to show/hide)

Next turn is purely text, and will hopefully come tommorow. Adwarf, if you're reading this, you need to make a character sheet and quickly.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 06:13:40 pm »

Yes i plan to fight in werewolf form, also if you read the copypasta of the classes, it takes an exertion to hold human form for a while unless you want to change that

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile

The way I read it, it's just hard to change between the shapes quickly, not hold either of them.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2012, 04:40:56 am »

yea but all tho bonuses are in wolf form, a human form werewolf would only get what a renfield has without any of the stuff you can choose

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile

I changed your statuses a while ago (I hope) to reflect those changes. The +1/2 melee attack and damage rolls means in human form you're a bit stronger than usual, in werewolf form you gain the full bonus. The +1 to movement applies in both forms.

Edit: God, I completely forgot that I need to write that flavour text. Coming up soon.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:22:55 pm by Superior_Tomato »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4