Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 20  (Read 15555 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 02:57:24 pm »

Ahahahaha. Sinpwn, you lucky bastard, I was just about to post this update without you, and then I noticed you had posted while I was writing.

Turn 1

Everyone gets busy looking for stuff. One might expect to find valuables in the house of an exiled hermit, yes.

freeformschooler/Smathers [2]
Smathers searches for anything that might be useful, but does not find anything useful. Unless you would categorize a book falling on you as useful, which dealt [1d5=2] damage to him. It doesnt even look like a particularly good book, being titled "The 8 Best Ways to Cook Skunk". Sadly there is not a single skunk in the vicinity, presumably having been eaten by the hermit before his untimely death.

Dwarmin/Drivvers [5]
Drivvers searches the pockets the dead guy. While some might say this is disrespectful of the dead, Drivvers could simply reply that he is in fact, a rat. Who also cant actually speak. Writing is a possibility though. In other news he does find something good. In this case being an enchanted pendant necklace, which is [6] extremely powerful, but sadly so powerful that his pathetic rat brain cannot comprehend its power. Basically its useless until some plot shit or something happens. Would make some decent armour if he was to put the pendant bit on his back though.

WarthogDriver/The FLYING SQUIRREL [4]
The FLYING SQUIRREL looks for poison to dip a twig called Claire in. All other members of the party are in envy of his starting equipment. He knocks a few potions and ingredients off the shelves in his search, until he comes across a bottle with the sign "RAT POISON, DO NOT CONSUME" on it. One could suspect it might be rat poison, but there is no way to be sure. He dips the pointy end of Claire in it and majestically glides to the floor.

Tiruin/??? [3]
You are happily sitting in the waiting list. The chair is a bit uncomfortable though.

Maxinum McDreich/Skits [3+1=4]
Skits looks around for pieces of paper which have not been brought up before and which were potentially made up by someone. Suprisingly he finds some actual pieces of paper. They speak of Phoenixes and their physiology, apparently having been written by the hermit. He reads them and discover that he can read by virtue of being able to read:
"Phoenixes are assholes. Huge assholes. They are literally assholes that are on fire."
This continues on for a couple of pieces of paper, until you come across one that actually seems useful. [4+1=5]
"Phoenixes cannot be killed by normal means. Upon being killed they revert to their ash form, and upon absorbing enough heat, are reborn. The only ways to permanently kill a phoenix is to either rip their souls away from the ashes by brute force or to cool the ashes to such an extent that no heat remains. Neither of such feats has been done in recorded history."

Dave1004/Crass the Deathbringer [2]
Crass looks around for magical artifacts and ponders on things. He thinks about how he would wear rings. He is so small that a ring would be a bracelet and a bracelet would be a belt. Deep in such thoughts, he stops for a moment and is hit by a potion that was knocked off a shelf by The Flying Squirrel. The glass bottle itself deals [1d5=5] damage and the potion is a potion of [3] enfeeblement. He absorbs parts of the potion and now has -1 on rolls that require strength for 3 turns or until he regains full health.

Sinpwn/Max [1]
Max looks around for a trapdoor. One might suspect that old hermits have trapdoors. And indeed, he finds one by falling into it. He takes [1d3=2] damage and sees a [5] hungry looking tiger in a cage. Theres a bunch of cages down there actually, most of them empty. The question still remains, how the hell does a hermit get a tiger into a cage? Its not like you can use a regular mousetrap. The tiger lets out a roar and attempts to break the bars. [3] The bars start slowly giving away.

1.freeformschooler
Spoiler: Smathers (click to show/hide)
2.Dwarmin
Spoiler: Drivvers (click to show/hide)
3.Maxinum McDreich
Spoiler: Skits (click to show/hide)
4.Dave1004
Spoiler: Crass the Deathbringer (click to show/hide)
5.WarthogDriver
Spoiler: *Unknown* (click to show/hide)
6.Sinpwn
Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)

I wrote "you" instead of "he" like 10 times accidentally. Old habits from forum games. Tell me if you see any errors.
EDIT: Sweet, exactly the start of a new page.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:00:31 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

Bark at the tiger until it learns it's place.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »

Forget the wounds! Scurry around looking for shiny things,dammit!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 04:08:36 pm »

Action: Wear the shiny thing!

Try to find a switch or button that will open the cage in the trapdoor and let it devour Sinpwn/Max. Because if the Tiger is slightly less hungry, on the odd chance it escapes, it will be slightly less likely to eat me personally.

It's all about stacking the odds.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

Steal Drivvers' necklace and dart out of the hut!

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »

Skits may now guess as to why he hates Pheonix's, one of the few predators that don't attack squirrels (cos squirrels are a little too small for them).

Look for something useful with which to defend oneself incase of combat.

WarthogDriver

• Bay Watcher
  • Only in death will his duty end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 04:53:20 pm »

Begins to speak in his animal language addressing the other woodlanders. "We have a higher chance of survival if we work together! I have a plan here see; somebody will distract the tiger once it breaks out right.... I will be in position somewhere high so I can dive down on it and STAB HIM IN THE NECK POISONING HIM! Think of the spoils my fellows; tiger teeth would make great weapons." Once finished with his epic speech get into position high above the cage, if there are any potions, daggers, pointy things (not my twig) or the like push them down onto the tiger unless they will be some use to me such as speciality made flying squirrel leather armor of +4 health.

OOC: I hereby proclaim this plan to be epic.   *edit* I should remember to label OOC stuffs as OOC.
*edit* changed turn slightly
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:14:40 pm by WarthogDriver »
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 05:01:15 pm »

Drivvers is not sure if he can talk yet, so he just nods, continuing to look for the death lever...maybe labeled "Hungry Tiger Release" or something. He hopes he can still read labels.

He figures if the squirrel is successful in his epic plan, great.

If not, the Tiger will have two vermin to warm her hungry belly. Drivver wonders why he assumes the Tiger is female. That's pretty weird, now that he thinks of it.

OOC: Cerapa makes an update tonight, I think? Oh yes.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »

Sorry. No update right now. Was waiting on warthog, but Im going to bed now. For future referance, I am in GMT +2 and go to sleep at midnight. So in the future, attempt to post at 9 PM GMT or 9:30 at the very latest if you want me to roll an update out.

Also, you can talk with eachother, but only eachother. Lets just call it a minor form of telepathy from technically having the same soul.

Make some plans while I sleep. I surely will, heheheHAHAHAHAMWAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: Could everyone give me their timezones, so I know to which point I can delay updating? Im a lazy bastard but would rather not miss an opportunity to roll an update out when everyone is awake or something.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:14:54 pm by cerapa »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 05:31:49 pm »

GMT +5, EST. You guys are going to love what cerapa has in store for this.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 06:04:29 pm »

Eastern standard.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »

I dunno. It's 5:06 PM right now though.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 06:35:13 pm »

er... it's 23:35 for me right now :S

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 08:58:32 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be in a Hut: Turn 2
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 10:23:08 am »

Apparently at least 3 people live in america(the continent I mean) and are 7-8 hours behind me. Therefore the best time to update would be before 7 or 8 PM for me, which would be noon for you. Unless you all get up earlier than that.

Also, I have a little announcment, this RTD will be running concurrently with a suggestion game titled "You are in a Volcano" and whose main character is the phoenix you are after. Everyone may feel free to read it and offer suggestions even though it is technically your enemy.

Turn 2

Sinpwn/Max [4]
Max growls at the tiger in an attempt to frighten it. The tiger stops trying to break the cage and gets a -1 to his actions for this update(it wears off just before the next one), less because it was scared, and more cause it was horribly confused by the tiny chihuahua barking at it. These things tend to mess with ones brain.

Dave1004/Crass [5]
Crass keeps looking for shinies. He finds a stash inside a cupboard, which is odd because people dont generally keep things in cupboards. The stash contains [4] a regular bracelet possibly fit for use as armour and a [1] bomb. It looks extremely dangerous and like it could go off at any minute now. Who the hell keeps a bomb in a cupboard?!

Dwarmin/Drivvers [5]
Drivvers puts on the pendant necklace as armour, gaining 1 to damage reduction for attacks against his back. Its not much compared to tigers and such, but it could help in a pinch.
He looks around for a lever to open the tiger cage and finds it. With all his ratly might, he pulls the lever and it releases the tiger. [1]

Tiger/Tiger
The tiger immediately pounces into action and attacks Max (2-1=2)(this sign means roll for him, [ and ] mean rolls for you. And bonuses and penalties cant change into or out of criticals). It misses horribly, slamming into a wall for (1d5=1) damage and the sudden attack also leaves the tiger unprepared for things, giving it a -1 to dodge until its next turn.(Its next turn is the 4th one next update, I take your initiative simply by your posting order and should nothing like this come up, enemies will be last)

freeformschooler/Smathers [2]
Smathers attempts to steal Drivvers necklace and leap out of the hut. He fails horribly. In addition to hurting his limb for [1d4=3] damage in the attempt to grab the necklace, he falls down the trapdoor, taking [1d3=1] damage from the fall. If everything wasnt determined by an RNG, then one might believe it to be karma.

Maxinum McDreich/Skits [2+1=3]
Skits spends his time looking for useful things that might be used for defense. He does not find any. Simply more tattered paper that speak of the hermits endless hatred of phoenixes. By which I mean they are covered in scribblings of birds with ample amounts of swords pointed at them. Paper doesnt have much defensive value, but makes one extremely vulnerable to fire. Many a stupid squirrel has died by the hands of nefarious paper armour.

WarthogDriver/The FLYING SQUIRREL [5]
The Flying Squirrel speaks an awesome speech and then begins looking for things to drop on the tiger. He finds many things, [5] a dagger, [3] a rag, [5] another dagger and [2] a piece of paper attached to the ceiling with a dagger.
Many thoughts go through The Flying Squirrels head, firstly, why does this hermit have so many daggers? Secondly, how and why would someone attach a piece of paper to the ceiling with a dagger? Finally he decides to push a dagger onto the tiger. [3 - 2 DC= 5] Its a good hit, resulting in 1.5 times the usual damage [3d6*1.5=17]. The tiger now has a dagger stuck in its neck. It could be considered painful.

1.freeformschooler
Spoiler: Smathers (click to show/hide)
2.Dwarmin
Spoiler: Drivvers (click to show/hide)
3.Maxinum McDreich
Spoiler: Skits (click to show/hide)
4.Dave1004
Spoiler: Crass the Deathbringer (click to show/hide)
5.WarthogDriver
Spoiler: *Unknown* (click to show/hide)
6.Sinpwn
Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiger (click to show/hide)

I will now be writing the combat mechanics into the first post and get "You are in a Volcano" rolling. And yes, the tiger does have more health than all of you combined. Its a goddamn tiger.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:59:14 am by cerapa »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15