Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Artifact Gold Breastplate  (Read 5308 times)

JBlak

• Bay Watcher
  • The Game.
    • View Profile
Artifact Gold Breastplate
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:53:55 am »

Rashnotlith Zengod Kir, Deathruin the Dignity of Merging

Now, aside from the fact that this is the pimpingest piece of gear I own, what should I do with it?

How much protection does it even give?
Shimbilagak

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Gold Breastplate
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 05:07:57 am »

Gold, although dense, is a very malleable metal and will not protect much. The weight also slows a dorf down more than a steel breasteplate which will protect him a whole lot more. Who ever wears it in combat will be more likely to die compared to a dorf with even a copper breastplate
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 05:10:52 am »

In other words, give it to your best champion as a handicap. Alternatively, give it to the any nobles that start making unreasonable demands.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 05:49:48 am »

Give it to your favorite dwarf a a status symbol. Who needs actual combat efficiency when you look like a shining golden god of war?

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 05:50:53 am »

Yeah gold and silver armour is pretty bad for artifacts. Even less useful then weapons since they can't be put it traps to increase room value.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 06:01:18 am »

Yeah gold and silver armour is pretty bad for artifacts. Even less useful then weapons since they can't be put it traps to increase room value.

Well personally I would give 12½ legendary armorsmiths for an artifact gold warhammer...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 06:04:20 am »

More bling for the sherif/captain of the guard.

Tall (for a dorf), statuesque, muscular, well-groomed, honorable. And completely ineffective. The epitome of dorfkind.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 08:11:03 am »

It's a breastplate. It only covers your chest. Slap three ≡steel mail shirt≡s onto a dwarf, put the 'old breastplate on it, and it'll work just like only the mail shirts were there, what is really good anyway.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 08:34:56 am »

They see me rollin...

Pullin dah leeeevers.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 09:47:17 am »

So...who remembers the day of cheese swords menacing with spikes of plump helmets? Good times. Toady should leave those 'goodbad' bugs in. Like Skyrim and their psionic guard like presence, bearing witness to their own murder and giants launching you into orbit
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 10:16:55 am »

So...who remembers the day of cheese swords menacing with spikes of plump helmets? Good times. Toady should leave those 'goodbad' bugs in. Like Skyrim and their psionic guard like presence, bearing witness to their own murder and giants launching you into orbit

So wait, did I simply misunderstand, or don't giants launch you into orbit anymore? It's been some time since one killed me last, back then I was launched into orbit.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 10:19:22 am »

So wait, did I simply misunderstand, or don't giants launch you into orbit anymore? It's been some time since one killed me last, back then I was launched into orbit.

If it's been patched out it's been done in the last 1.3 release due to the unforunate occurence of followers being unrecoverable after a flight. Whingy assfucks. Ruining our fun. There should be a mod to add it back in by now
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:36 am »

Right... I never have followers, so I don't have that problem. And I didn't know it didn't happen anymore since after beiing launched, I learned to always block their attacks :P

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 10:28:33 am »

Right... I never have followers, so I don't have that problem. And I didn't know it didn't happen anymore since after beiing launched, I learned to always block their attacks :P

Blocking is for people who don't have something murderlicious in each hand

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 10:32:17 am »

Try to say that to a friend of mine, whose only weapon is his shield :P No but seriously, I can take nearly any amount of damage I want if I block. Jst keep the mages away from me...

*SUCCESFUL DERAIL*

Pages: [1] 2 3