Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Artifact Gold Breastplate  (Read 5273 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Artifact Gold Breastplate
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 10:38:44 am »

ERm....

SUCCESSFUL TRAIN CRASH

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »

Try to say that to a friend of mine, whose only weapon is his shield :P No but seriously, I can take nearly any amount of damage I want if I block. Jst keep the mages away from me...

*SUCCESFUL DERAIL*
My militia captain killed a badger man by smashing its skull with a +pine shield+.  If I gave him that artifact gold brestplate it might slow him down enough that the rest of the militia members could keep up with him.  I think he moves four tiles for everyone else's three, so he out runs them in short order.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 02:43:46 pm »

I think he moves four tiles for everyone else's three, so he out runs them in short order.

VAMPIRE! BRING ME THE WOODEN STAKES!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »

I think he moves four tiles for everyone else's three, so he out runs them in short order.

VAMPIRE! BRING ME THE WOODEN STAKES!
Actually, that was my first thought; "Oh, gods! I've put a vampire in charge of my militia!", followed rapidly by, "Wait ... I'm running 0.31.25 ... nevermind."
*krenshala has been depressed lately.  his militia commander wasn't actually a vampire.  he admired his own fortress lately. he enjoyed a good meal recently.*
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 03:09:59 pm »

I got a platinum mail shirt once. I gave it to my militia commander. Surely the sheer bling factor surpasses the (lack of) utility.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

I got a platinum mail shirt once. I gave it to my militia commander. Surely the sheer bling factor surpasses the (lack of) utility.

I keep getting a spoilerite artefact breastplate from a previous fort engraved on my walls. It's like the game is trolling me to try it again.
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 07:59:44 pm »

My fort kept making engravings of a spoilertanium warhammer.

The current one has made thousands of masterwork engravings of the same fight between a named lynx being killed by a named elephant. As in, 5 out of 6 are this particular reproduction. Pain in the ARSE
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 11:02:29 pm »

At least you get fights. Mine keep engraving circles and stars and clouds and similarly boring stuff, unless they're engraving yet another reproduction of the founding of the fort.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 05:04:56 am »

One fort I had had 2/3 engravings of a Titan killing stuff. I still remember the name: Slenshi Submergedcaves the Pristine Lobster-Den. About half of those engravings were about Slenshi killing a certain human.

When i found out through legends that Slenshi lived in the same area as my fort was, I got scared. (It was one of my earliest forts)

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 02:37:57 pm »

Soak it in lava and have a dwarf wear it, FLAMIN DWARF
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 09:35:47 pm »

an artifact gold warhammer...
I thought somebody got a lucky artifact platinum warhammer... Which is way, way, way, WAY heavier than gold.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:04 am »

Sort of related, how's billon for a mail shirt? Crappy, or really crappy?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 04:50:37 am »

an artifact gold warhammer...
I thought somebody got a lucky artifact platinum warhammer... Which is way, way, way, WAY heavier than gold.
I know, Prideunited. The thing is, someone said that gold and silver are poor weapon/armor materials, so I had to fix that. I think I'd give 12½ legendary weaponsmiths and 2 3/4 legendary armorsmiths for one  :o

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:58 am »

My fort kept making engravings of a spoilertanium warhammer.

The current one has made thousands of masterwork engravings of the same fight between a named lynx being killed by a named elephant. As in, 5 out of 6 are this particular reproduction. Pain in the ARSE

Those are some pretty dwarfy engravings dude.
- You've got a homage to dwarven stupidity.
- You've got elephants trampling a cat.

I'm happy with wayward engravings of mayors sobbing like a bitch for getting un-elected!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 12:58:37 pm »

"Train to Goldenartifactsburg has been derailed and is now headed for Engravington."
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).
Pages: 1 [2] 3