Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How NOT to kill a goblin?  (Read 9564 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: How NOT to kill a goblin?
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 03:36:10 pm »

Turn it into a blob? Nice. Although the rot may cause it to die from infection, so it's risky.

Starting from "...may cause..." that could be one of the closest thing to what a Regular person may say said here in a long time...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 03:37:04 pm »

Turn it into a blob? Nice. Although the rot may cause it to die from infection, so it's risky.

Starting from "...may cause..." that could be one of the closest thing to what a Regular person may say said here in a long time...
...But we aren't exactly regular. We're psychotic murderers.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:50:27 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Bazzak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:57 pm »

A small sort-of update.

I simply decided to lock him up and make the cage a zoo. I find it amusing when my dwarves go there for a break or decide to throw a party.

But what's this?! An elven ambush led by the elven Princess! And they walked straight to my cage traps. What a confidence!

Oh I'm going to love this. But there are too many choices on this one!

( p.s: She's corpulent )

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

-snip-
Use the wooden hut method I described. Make everything out of wood, and lock the elves in there, occasionally dropping charcoal in.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »

...But we aren't exactly regular. We're psychotic murderers.

Ah, but you have to be practical as well! If the goblin just died like so many others, it wouldn't be all that special would it?

Also, I think having that goblin dancing next to a corpulent elf for all of eternity has been done before. Several times. :|
Thinking helms on people!

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2011, 05:24:18 pm »

I have a solution for the lard-elf:

Charcoal treatment to remove her fat, then lock her in a wooden shed with the goblin.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

Charcoal treatment to remove her fat, then lock her in a wooden shed with the goblin.

Rated Dwarf.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 01:01:23 am »

Context makes the difference.
Taken out of context, it is non-bay 12 normal in that it's discussing the potential risk of something causing a lethal infection, killing you horribly.
Taken in context it's bay 12 normal, in that it's discussing the potential risk of killing off your designated vic...er.. meat-pup...err... bod... um. Boy. Nothing I can think of will make this sound "friendly". oh, wait, no. "Long term non-social test-buddy.", we'll call it.
Also: if it can't die due to starvation or thirst, I suggest walling it in in the middle of your dining hall. It can "see" the dwarfs around it, hear them, watch them carry around vast wealth and piles of meat...
And it can't do anything. Good times.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:29 am »

Rated Dwarf.

Rated D for Dwarf and R for Erotic Retarded
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2011, 08:54:09 am »

I'll modify that, shall I:

Charcoal treatment to remove her fat.
Then remove here skin.
Then do the same to the goblin.
Then lock them together in a wooden shed.
Once one of them dies, put the other in solitary.
When a siege comes, put the solitary one in the way.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Castamere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »

Drop him into a corridor where there are traps with wooden weapons traps with one in each or regular whip traps for more satisfaction
Get exit&entrance of the corridor linked with freedom
Build doors on those and link them to pressure plates that are placed some squares before the doors
When the goblin goes for the exit, he steps on the plate and closes the door before him and open the other. The goblin rushes through the traps towards the other one and steps on the pressure plate and repeat

You'll have a whole Passion of the Goblin down there
Playing DF is like getting into an elevator where you know it will freefall forty stories after it climbs about two.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 04:55:25 am »

Sounds like a simple repeater with training weapon traps thrown in.
Not actually a bad suggestion, but it feels so bland.
On the other hand, if it's a prisoner now, could you chain the goblin next to the gate as part of your early alarm system?
Would that work, in terms of detection of Goblin Thieves or ambush forces?
The ultimate betrayal, it would be. Short of, you know, growing a beard, donning steal armour and a kitten leather hat, and pulling the "Flood the world with magma" lever while chugging plump helmet whine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]