- 12 (4.7%)
Purple
- 10 (3.9%)
Magenta
- 4 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: January 02, 2012, 10:26:09 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Favourite construction colour  (Read 6241 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite construction colour
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 06:00:09 pm »

AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »

Bright green. Just because it's so hard to get. I don't think there are any bright green rocks, actually. The closest are olivine and serpentine which are only dark green.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 06:17:41 pm »

I... like Microcline... :-[

>:(
Hey, I can see why an extremely dwarfy overlord might like microcline. I personally hate it like none other, and reserve it only for the lining of the elf pit. I haven't yet begun to love it for its destructive nature.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 07:39:18 pm »

...Prisons of microline.

...Mountains of microline.

I have seen things.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »

Bright green. Just because it's so hard to get. I don't think there are any bright green rocks, actually. The closest are olivine and serpentine which are only dark green.
Garnierite, nickel ore
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:22 am »

The intention of this poll is to find out which 4 stones to be included in one of my new reactions. While the poll is still active, I've gone ahead and added marble (white) , obsidian (dark gray), bauxite (dark red) and kimberlite (dark blue) as the 4 stones since their colours currently are most popular. Thanks to everyone who voted and especially those who voiced their opinions.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:51 am »

The intention of this poll is to find out which 4 stones to be included in one of my new reactions. While the poll is still active, I've gone ahead and added marble (white) , obsidian (dark gray), bauxite (dark red) and kimberlite (dark blue) as the 4 stones since their colours currently are most popular. Thanks to everyone who voted and especially those who voiced their opinions.

No quartzite? :[

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 04:15:11 pm »

Meh, usually gray or dark gray because that's what most stone like shale and gabbro are.  I can't be bothered to actually pick a consistent color scheme or try and figure out what color a stone is when I'm picking it in the list.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »

Microcline. I don't find the colour on-screen as painful to look at as a lot of people, if only because I keep the brightness on my screen quite low, and in real life it's actually quite pretty.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 06:48:52 pm »

Microcline. I don't find the colour on-screen as painful to look at as a lot of people, if only because I keep the brightness on my screen quite low, and in real life it's actually quite pretty.

I can see where you're coming from. I am one to choose minerals at least partly based on their properties in real life. Talc walls don't cut it for me, while I feel a bit happier with granite or Slate walls extending down to bedrock.

My very VERY favorite mineral is probably olivine, but I don't usually have enough of it to build huge olivine towers, And I prefer to use the limited supply for doors, hatches, levers, and sometimes decorative floor work.

I wish I could make olivine beds.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

My very VERY favorite mineral is probably olivine, but I don't usually have enough of it to build huge olivine towers, And I prefer to use the limited supply for doors, hatches, levers, and sometimes decorative floor work.
My favourite rock is olivine also, but green glass has the same color and they are easier to mass produce assuming you have sand.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

Behold, a chart comparing all of the possible DF color combinations:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoilered to protect casual thread readers from eye pain.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »

whats kimberlite? i like the color red in df because it resembles blood and bauxite, and in real life (like i have one any more) i like blue, because everything i had when i was a baby was STINKIN BLUE, oh ya i hate black and white, too common of colors in real life too use in dwarf fortress, blue IS MA FAVORATA
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 12:16:14 am »

whats kimberlite? i like the color red in df because it resembles blood and bauxite, and in real life (like i have one any more) i like blue, because everything i had when i was a baby was STINKIN BLUE, oh ya i hate black and white, too common of colors in real life too use in dwarf fortress, blue IS MA FAVORATA
kimberlite is the rare veins in which you'd find diamonds
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4