Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

S.P.A.Z LP

(1/7) > >>

Light forger:
For those who don't know S.P.A.Z(space pirates and zombies) is a space shooter where you get ships and try raise large amounts of data, cash, and men to fight with. The website is here: http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/ . Any way the first order of this let's play is how are we going to tech:

Lasers or Cannons:
Lasers fire in a normally fairly short strait line and deal high damage to cloaks and shields/Cannons normally deal high damage in a long range and are powerful against armor but smaller ships can be a huge issues. Note: there are some lasers and cannons that aren't like this but they are late game.
Shields or Cloaks:
Shields can take more damage and offer no negatives fairly strait foreword/Cloaks slow you down and take less damage but you deal more damage, late game they offer no negatives and have the damage boost.
Armor/Hull:
Armor takes more damage but slows you down/Hull takes less damage but doesn't slow you down and you can have more crew.

Extras: pick as many as you like.:
Subsystems: all round tech offers many small boosts let's you mount point defenses.
Engine*:speeds you up what did you think it did?
Reactors*: gives you more power so you can fire your weapons more.
Drones: deals good damage and very useful but only comes around mid-game.
Turrets*:Makes your turrets faster and lets you drop some deployable ones.
Crew:Boosts your crew has a few fun but wasteful weapons.
Mines:Gives you mines good with cloaked ships.
Bomb:A heavy duty weapon with hyper damage very nasty but can hurt our own ships.
Launchers:Missile and torpedo type weapons many ships have them.

Everything with a * by it we will need to put a few points into it to be able to really fight with anything.

Let the voting begin!

Xanatos Jr.:
Cannons, shields, armor and hull, reactor, engine.

Frumple:
Launchers, launchers, launchers, more launchers, macross missile massacre, maybe drones. Utility junk: shields, reactors, engines, armor, in that order. Hull's fairly ignorable, from what I've seen. I'd probably go with mines over bombs or turrets; they seem to be really good at taking down stations, compared to a lot of other stuff. Missiles will out range stations in fairly short order, though. Haven't used bombs much -- the biggest thing I've noticed about them is they generally do almost nothing to me :P I'd love to see more done with the suicide cannon/grunt shuttle (haven't gotten the latter, yet), as I haven't seen the blueprint/data theft stuff happen yet.

If I had to choose between cannon and beams, I'd go with beams; they tend to be better at knocking shields down, which regen a lot faster than armor/hull. Also better at mining and junk, from what I've seen. EDIT: The best drones use cannons. Cannons is what you want :P Launchers primary, cannons secondary, drones tertiary. Then either mines or bombs for station dropping, I guess.

Boksi:
Seconding Frumple's choice of weapons. Missiles are fun.

Darkmere:
Gonna go with beams, shields, launchers, subsystems enough to get point defense, and mines. Mainly because in my game I went with all the other things, and I'm curious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version