Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Live-streamed video tutorial - Any interest?  (Read 2267 times)

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
Re: Live-streamed video tutorial - Any interest?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »

I'll watch, for sure. Really recommend asking this on reddit. /r/dwarffortress has a lot of newer players in it
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:46 pm »

I'm not familiar with reddit (at all).  Can I get a link and/or description of how it works?

Barrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »

I'm not familiar with reddit (at all).  Can I get a link and/or description of how it works?
Going to assume this is sarcasm, but http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress if you're serious.

Regarding screen capture methods, Fraps is nice but it can put some serious hurt on your processor (or, in non-DF games, FPS). I've been using Xsplit personally... it's free while it's still in beta, and while it's primarily intended for streaming you can also use it to capture locally (to disk). Very low CPU overhead, and it captures directly to compressed formats.

If you're planning on doing something with heavy editing (slow-mo, zooming, etc) capturing raw video with Fraps is the way to go, but if we're discussing something with little post-processing, capturing directly to a compressed format won't do much damage. Saves you the gig-a-minute or so video sizes.
Pages: 1 [2]