Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158]

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019  (Read 616212 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

There is nothing more in-depth than the manual included, but the old mod for 34.11 had a much larger manual. Maybe you saw that one.

Update: I'm mostly working on the Steam Df atm...

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of the old mod ...

I whipped up what I believe is an actual working version of 6.2 for linux, by starting with my 6.1 package.  I played it and let it run, until a Forgotten Beast (frost wyrm) killed everyone, about two years or so.

Therapist currently does not work, though - I don't have / cannot compile the 32bit versions that the included binary wants, and cannot compile the current DT against that old of a DF version.  (There actually is a path there - a modern DT sorta works, and actually seems to read values, but all the labels are off.  Clement suggested several paths, just not sure it's worth the effort.)

If anyone is interested, I'll wrap it up and post it.

MechaJeb Kerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing as Succubi, spend good couple of days training some decent squads with war animals to eliminate all of the Elves, and after that everyone else via raids, but alas, now I notice "Cannot order mission without leader" in the civ screen. I think I do have all the roles filled. What could be wrong? Is it not possible to raid with Succubi and I have just wasted my time?   

edit: Ok I edited the raws, added  [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] to expedition leader/Matron and raids seem to be working now. Now I'm sure it was left out on purpose, I wonder what kind of hilarious bugs and crashes I'll experience.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:52:47 am by MechaJeb Kerman »

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just saw the information about the new version of vanilla DF to come out on Steam.

I am now feeling conflicted because certain features of Masterwork may not be in it. Anyone know if they will be and/or whether there will be a Masterwork mod for the Steam version?

Mostly I want the rune smithing, golem creation, and wider variety of weapons. I saw some other features mentioned which I had previously thought were Masterwork mod only, so maybe some of this is in there?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kinda missing. Running around mountains for the next 3 weeks, then there is Steam, and the Meph tileset. So atm I'm just gathering ideas, can't code anything. But I'm reading everything and taking notes. :)

I mean, the old mod has 10k, new masterwork 20k, and the tileset 12k downloads, just of the current versions. No way I'll abandon this. Just a lot going on. ;)
Emphasis added. So, it'll probably happen but there is no predicting when.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to comment in here and say, Meph...take your time buddy. We can wait for this. I know modding is a hassle, both making mods and sometimes installing mods. More for me, it's banging my head against a keyboard and hoping my slap dash mod fusion works since I like to add this and that on top of already modded to hell games. Anyway, I just wanted to drop by, tell you ALL your stuff is awesome, and for you to keep on keeping on. If there is anything anyone can possibly help with, just say something. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I will ask a question or two though, no of which are about the mod coming out.

1: Is there anything in particular you, in your opinion, want/need to add to the pack when you get around to it?

2: I've noticed some files in there that I don't know if they are used or anything, (Skaven comes to mind) are those just left over from some previous versions?

3: This is more for me personally. Do you need to go about editing the entity files in a specific way to get other mods working. I was adding the 44.12 version of spellcrafts to the game and I don't know if I added it right. Mostly because I'm a picky bugger and haven't found a proper world to play on, or ended up scrapping it because of one thing or another...like my starting area randomly bursting into flames. Still not sure why the hell that keeps happening.

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2361 on: August 05, 2020, 03:47:09 am »

Are there any decent magic mods which are compatible with this version of MDF? The one thing I miss from the old versions of this mod is the feeling of breaking a siege with a handful of elite warmages...
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158]