Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790687 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10125 on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:06 pm »

nakao - you're not using 2h, are you? if not, it's a known bug resulting from the way creatures get spawned.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: March 20, 2013, 07:39:25 pm »

uhh gnomes can't open doors, so I just went into (since advfort isn't hotkeyed in your version of dfhack)advfort and had my gnome lass dismantle the door to find 5 gnomes trap inside.
first time playing the new version so I might find some weird stuff later on.

Yeah, I think I should be working on that right about now :P

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: March 20, 2013, 07:45:50 pm »

Well I'm using 2f .... and yes, all corpses, dumpzones, cemeteries ...... the horror.

I'll try to save the situation with a dfhack slayrace ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:48:31 pm by Nokao »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10128 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »

Thanks for the update! 

I think I figured out what is crashing my game, can anyone test this to see if its just me or if its a bug in the current release?

If I right click anywhere on the game screen I get an immediate appcrash. 

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: March 20, 2013, 08:00:23 pm »

Well it's funny, after slaying the orchids/treants that grown up from my graves, I find items like "Urist xy right hand wood" (bodyparts become wood)

I hope that i'll not be tormented by hundred of ghosts in few weeks.

I had 283 treant and 340 spitting orchids spawned all around the castle/fortress after using the spawn zones, when I just spawned 2 of them outside city walls.

edit:
Well no, my save is totally fuked up, with dwarves trying to "place item into tomb" forever, while "item" is wood-tranformed bugged remainings of former dwarves become vegetal zombies.
The important thing is that you fixed this > MW 2f, i'll just never use treant/orchids again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:07:32 pm by Nokao »

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: March 20, 2013, 08:08:57 pm »

Holy shit runes on your armour now as well? God damn, so tempted to start over...

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »

There are a few things in the weapon files that have been bugging me:

The "whirl around" attacks on all weapons are exactly the same except for a few exceptions -
[ATTACK:EDGE:10000:7000:whirl around and slash:whirls around and slashes:head:1500]
[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:10000:whirl around with outsgtretched arms and slash:whirls around with outstretched arms and slashes:blade:3000]

small typo there, plus shouldnt there be a little bit of variety in how deeply the attack cuts or how forceful the attack is depending on the weapon? The way it is a shortsword cuts just as deeply as a Greataxe. Also, the Maul has these exact same values giving it the opposite effect since it is blunt. It winds up hitting like a feather. All of the super powerful weapons have these attacks also, and it is actually a weaker attack for them.

Second - the "runs through" attack on piercing weapons are normalized in the same way. Just doesnt feel right for a dagger to be able to completely impale a dragon just as deeply as a pike. That is, unless the dwarf is sort of using the dagger to climb all up inside the dragon to hack away at its insides.

Third - [ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE_UPGRADE_ONE] in item_weapon_human_tech.txt has 2 super powerful edge attacks while the rest are blunt (upgrade two of Maul, meteor hammer, knuckle duster, warhammer, and mace have this also). Is this intended? None of the other "superior" weapons have these attacks, and with the blunts in upgrade 2 they'll be using these attacks almost exclusively.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: March 20, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »

In related news: those attacks grate in adventure mode real bad, since you can just... use them with no consequences, drawbacks or anything like that, and they can bisect human-sized creatures. The run-through, as well.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: March 20, 2013, 09:24:40 pm »

In related news: those attacks grate in adventure mode real bad, since you can just... use them with no consequences, drawbacks or anything like that, and they can bisect human-sized creatures. The run-through, as well.
well to be fair I was headbutting everything in genesis due to the high crit rate was what speed up a 50 man brawl from taking about a day to complete.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10134 on: March 21, 2013, 05:18:54 am »

All noted down. Lets see, I can definetly balance the fortress mode attacks for weapons better, but for adv. mode I cant to anything about it, besides completely removing the additional, stronger attacks.

Nokao, when did I say that I fixed that? Bodyparts can still be resurrected to spawn creatures. The release post only says that it will work 100% of the time, as in: boiling rocks will always affect someone. But yeah, 500 is a bit much, how in hell did that even happen ^^

@Arumba: I'll test it.

@Ahriman: No, not possible.

@Rumrusher: Of course it never occured to me that people could play gnomes in adv. mode. *facepalm. They will get the fitting tag.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07:52 am »

Aw. Perhaps just a 5% or so chance for warpstone weapons to explode.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:52 am »

Aw. Perhaps just a 5% or so chance for warpstone weapons to explode.

That would make them unusable (hard to make, easy to loose), why don't make them like D&D blur weapons?

option 1: http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/magweapdesc.pl?power=Blurring&src=mweapontype

option 2: from Magic Item Compendium - page 30 - "When activated, a blurstrike weapon fades from view for 1 second, this allows the wielder to strike a sneak attack on the subject like if it's hidden or flat fooded" -> treat any weapon as a dagger / or increase critical chance

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: March 21, 2013, 07:21:27 am »

Hm i have a little problem with the new version... somehow i can't plant anything aboveground. I have strawberry seed's but they dont get listet in the farm. i have no idea why... :'(

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: March 21, 2013, 07:32:40 am »

Hm i have a little problem with the new version... somehow i can't plant anything aboveground. I have strawberry seed's but they dont get listet in the farm. i have no idea why... :'(

Sounds like a World Generation problem, remember that you can't generate a Dwarf World and then play Kobold, but in this case I would say you did the opposite. GUESS ?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:29 am »

Yes i have generated an dwarf world but i play as dwarf's. So i dont have any idea i only edit the ini for the layer that i have more between the cave's but i dont think that is the problem or i'm wrong? because i do it alway's and with all versions no problem's. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 749