Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789713 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10140 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:11 am »

Hey, does this new release include new version of Orc Fortress?

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:46 am »

Hm i have a little problem with the new version... somehow i can't plant anything aboveground. I have strawberry seed's but they dont get listet in the farm. i have no idea why... :'(

maybe that's your problem:
Above ground crops farming is impossible on tiles that are part of Mountain biomes (or any other "freezing" biome such as Glacier or Tundra), regardless of how much mud or soil is present.
?
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: March 21, 2013, 08:13:44 am »

All noted down. Lets see, I can definetly balance the fortress mode attacks for weapons better, but for adv. mode I cant to anything about it, besides completely removing the additional, stronger attacks.

Regarding weapon attacks, I always found it easier to standardize the contact area and penetration to each type of weapon. All longsword slashing attacks have X contact area and Y penetration, all spear stabbing attacks have M contact area and N penetration, etc. Then just change the force on each attack. Makes it much less of a headache to balance things out that way.

I'm for leaving in a couple higher damage attacks for each weapon though (heh, maybe not quite as high as they are now). It does make things interesting.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10143 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:52 am »

Thanks so much for the update Meph, it fixed all my concerns.  To anyone interested here is a tutorial on how to use the workflow GUI that was included in the DFHack R3 update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiK77HI4TE&list=UUISPcad-6svNxgViVr_syvA&index=2#t=5m19s

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: March 21, 2013, 08:42:14 am »

Above ground crops farming is impossible on tiles that are part of Mountain biomes (or any other "freezing" biome such as Glacier or Tundra), regardless of how much mud or soil is present.
?

Hm i think that's the problem but underground farming work's?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:39 am »

Arumba, can you make the effort to put your youtube channel with MW guides in the forum signature ?

It's useful stuff.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #10146 on: March 21, 2013, 11:03:47 am »

Arumba, can you make the effort to put your youtube channel with MW guides in the forum signature ?

It's useful stuff.
Hows this?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: March 21, 2013, 12:02:47 pm »

Hey, does this new release include new version of Orc Fortress?

MDF2h has the "stable" OF 1.02, not the beta OF 1.10

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: March 21, 2013, 12:16:21 pm »

Bleh, im having a problem with adventure mode constantly crashing (all of a sudden). Is it possible for worlds to become corrupted somehow? Every time I try and create a character, I hit enter to go and it crashes to desktop. I played it just fine on a different version save, but that is now crashing the same way.

I generated a pocket world, and that is fine. Anyone know whats happening?

Shawarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: March 21, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »

So, does this now mean I can put a tantrum rune on gold breastplates, assign my nobles to wear them, then never have to worry about tantrums?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10150 on: March 21, 2013, 12:55:52 pm »

@Shawarma: yes.

@Wilm0chimp: Worlds can be corrupted, but that shouldnt happen. You cant embark at all?

@Arumba: Nice :) Like I said, once you have more, I will link from the forntpage to it.. seems like you have more by now. :)

@kizucha: Probably embarked on the wrong biome, or its too cold.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: March 21, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »

@richieelias and Meph --

Wrex and I did a suggested "fix" for the legendary blunt weapons when we did the rebalance of Orc fort weapons last year.  Not that it was perfect but it could be a starting point if you're balancing them.  Let me see if I can find it

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:06:28 pm by smakemupagus »

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: March 21, 2013, 01:05:54 pm »

Meph - Both adventure mode and fortress mode now seem to crash  :'( , I can neither embark or start a new adventurer.

I tried a very old save done at the start of my fortress embark, abandoned it, started a new adventurer just fine. Genned a new pocket world, worked fine. But I have two copies of my fortress, pre abandon, that seem to have this problem all of a sudden. I literally played at lunch time, died as a frost giant.

Guess its an excuse to get the new version, but I am going to save scum the shit out of moody dwarves because I had an artifact iridium forcefield and artifact iridium battleaxe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10153 on: March 21, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »

Wilm0chimp: PLEASE dont tell me that you played a v.2g save on v.2h.

smakemupagus: That one is already included. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: March 21, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »

Huh? No no, I haven't updated or done anything like that, im just using the same old version and saves made in that version. This has just come out of the blue all of a sudden, for multiple archived saves.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 749