Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1787059 times)

paragith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10815 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:19 am »

Combining fine bricks from brick oven in stonecutter's workshop results in crash .
Tree acorns created at timberyard are not limited by regular seeds limit.
Some invaders(beak wolves and warwolves I think) can path through doors permited for pet-passage, but cant path through doors permited for civilian passage.
Children of castes with static bonus to skills will perform these tasks. Like talented doctor child spending his youth at hospital, or stone savant child constructing walls.
1. Sure about that? Combining bricks at the stonecutter does not cause crashes, but I can test it.
2. What are regular seed limits?
3. Thats Fortress Defense, not Masterwork. I only added those entities in, I dont rewrite them. Maybe post in the Fortress Defense thread. :)
4. Thats not a bug ;)
1. Absolutely. Specificaly fine brown bricks caused crashes for me. Haven't tested with other colours. I will make fresh embark and upload save few ticks from crash somewhere.
2. 200 per kind.

Edit: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7589 here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:37:54 am by paragith »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:50 am »

@Nuttycompa: Is your NET.framework updated?

I did, still not work.

Well, I just manually enable Kobold along with their plant and pet.
But it seem like they still have access to many kind of metal.(I can select it from embark)
What did I miss :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10817 on: April 20, 2013, 09:45:51 am »

Correct, making boulders from bricks crashes the game. Interesting. I checked the raws, the only thing that comes to mind is that bricks are missnig the "[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:]", but I thought it would take the default from the stone template. Thanks for the report, really. not just a crash report, but the exact cause as well. I will try to fix it, and if I cant figure out whats causing it, I'll just remove the "block to boulder" reaction, its more of a gimmick then anything else.

@nuttycompa: Dont know... might be nothing. Kobold Camp is far from finished, I have been distracted by many other things, so you have many metals from trading/embark. Most importantly is adding the UNDIGGABLE to the stone template in material_template_default.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:20 am »

Thank you Meph :)
With undiggable tag they don't have metal anymore

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: April 20, 2013, 10:09:01 am »

They CAN dig native copper and native gold though, if you embark on a mountain with exposed veins or a cave entrance.

PeTeTe809

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: April 20, 2013, 10:27:49 am »

Quick question here pardnars.

I'm trying to make Humans playable in Fortress mode by editing the entity_default file, however humans this time around appear on a separate file and my knowledge doesn't go that far unfortunately.

I'm going to guess entity_default is read when starting the game to choose a starting race and individual entity_(insert race name) does not have anything to say with the previously mentioned process.

If someone could direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it a bunch.

Thanks in advance.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: April 20, 2013, 12:11:33 pm »

There's nothing particularly special about entity_default, it's just a file name.  Any valid file in the raws folder is read.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: April 20, 2013, 12:50:43 pm »

Hey Meph, would you be okay with me setting up a basic framework for an undead civ, as in reactions and stuff, and using the materials you guys use? Also, while I can do brute force rawing, I don't really understand all the stuff about shears and crap.  :-X

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: April 20, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

Shearing and crap ain't in the raws.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

Interesting you should ask, cause I just this:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal
Thats awesome.

Btw, you are missing gem "metal" (Gemforge products).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not familiar with wiki syntax, so I can't add it myself properly :(.

Thanks! well, I might add Gemtip, but of course the wiki is missing lots of things.  I didn't know how to wiki either until i did it :)
ed.  Put it in, Looks like it's functionally identical to tempered Crystal Glass
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:14:56 pm by smakemupagus »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:22 am »

Had the first frost giant siege in around a year of playing MW, around 15 of them. They were all wrestlers apart from a sword lord who had the normal zweihander/bracer/helm/breastplate combo. Are the wrestlers meant to be naked and/or wrestlers? Just made them quite easy to defeat as my fortress was around 5 years old and I had steel/mithril plate armour and volcanic/welded mithril weapons so my military tore through them without stopping. I know volcanic is meant to be do extra damage to giants but even so. The sieging frost giants seemed a bit squishy too, even bone bolts seemed to be wounding them which I was surprised at as when I've had frost giant thieves in year 1 my military with steel weapons spend ages beating on them as nearly all blows glance off or just bruise the muscle. I guess that's a lot to do with low weapon skills and worse weapons  at that point though.

Possibly armoured giants would be too tough though, on a previous world where I had Jotun enabled my welded mithril weapons really struggled to get through their leather armour. Is that maybe because the Jotun are massive so their armour is similarly bigger/thicker so even though the material isn't great that makes up for it? I think I had some legendary fighters at that point and their axes and swords were constantly deflected by chitinplate cloaks or something.

Anyway doesn't matter now as I hit hell on my second mined piece of adamantine :(

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: April 21, 2013, 10:44:33 am »

I know volcanic is meant to be do extra damage to giants but even so. The sieging frost giants seemed a bit squishy too, even bone bolts seemed to be wounding them which I was surprised at as when I've had frost giant thieves in year 1 my military with steel weapons spend ages beating on them as nearly all blows glance off or just bruise the muscle. I guess that's a lot to do with low weapon skills and worse weapons  at that point though.

Bolts (and most piercing weapons) tend to pierce armor (which is the idea) a grade or two above the material that they are. If the steel weapons were slashing weapons I would assume it was a mix of luck and damage type.

Though that said...I had 5 frost giant thieves get ripped apart by my single dragon raptor....those things are badass XD

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: April 21, 2013, 11:14:36 am »

Noob reporting in, Hiya guys!

Question - no matter what starting option in fortress mode i choose as orcs, and even when i prepare carefully, my hunter refuses to do absolutely anything, making all workshops that deal with leather or bone NIL
Any advice on getting him to work?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

It's unlikely that it's something specific to Orc mode, hunting works fine. 
You have bow/arrows/quiver?

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: April 21, 2013, 11:38:48 am »

Yep, i got 3 quivers, 10 bows, and around 100 arrows
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 749