Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1428924 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2h - New release with dfhack r3. And gnomes.
« Reply #10830 on: April 20, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »

Shearing and crap ain't in the raws.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

Interesting you should ask, cause I just this:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal
Thats awesome.

Btw, you are missing gem "metal" (Gemforge products).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am not familiar with wiki syntax, so I can't add it myself properly :(.

Thanks! well, I might add Gemtip, but of course the wiki is missing lots of things.  I didn't know how to wiki either until i did it :)
ed.  Put it in, Looks like it's functionally identical to tempered Crystal Glass
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:14:56 pm by smakemupagus »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:22 am »

Had the first frost giant siege in around a year of playing MW, around 15 of them. They were all wrestlers apart from a sword lord who had the normal zweihander/bracer/helm/breastplate combo. Are the wrestlers meant to be naked and/or wrestlers? Just made them quite easy to defeat as my fortress was around 5 years old and I had steel/mithril plate armour and volcanic/welded mithril weapons so my military tore through them without stopping. I know volcanic is meant to be do extra damage to giants but even so. The sieging frost giants seemed a bit squishy too, even bone bolts seemed to be wounding them which I was surprised at as when I've had frost giant thieves in year 1 my military with steel weapons spend ages beating on them as nearly all blows glance off or just bruise the muscle. I guess that's a lot to do with low weapon skills and worse weapons  at that point though.

Possibly armoured giants would be too tough though, on a previous world where I had Jotun enabled my welded mithril weapons really struggled to get through their leather armour. Is that maybe because the Jotun are massive so their armour is similarly bigger/thicker so even though the material isn't great that makes up for it? I think I had some legendary fighters at that point and their axes and swords were constantly deflected by chitinplate cloaks or something.

Anyway doesn't matter now as I hit hell on my second mined piece of adamantine :(

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: April 21, 2013, 10:44:33 am »

I know volcanic is meant to be do extra damage to giants but even so. The sieging frost giants seemed a bit squishy too, even bone bolts seemed to be wounding them which I was surprised at as when I've had frost giant thieves in year 1 my military with steel weapons spend ages beating on them as nearly all blows glance off or just bruise the muscle. I guess that's a lot to do with low weapon skills and worse weapons  at that point though.

Bolts (and most piercing weapons) tend to pierce armor (which is the idea) a grade or two above the material that they are. If the steel weapons were slashing weapons I would assume it was a mix of luck and damage type.

Though that said...I had 5 frost giant thieves get ripped apart by my single dragon raptor....those things are badass XD

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: April 21, 2013, 11:14:36 am »

Noob reporting in, Hiya guys!

Question - no matter what starting option in fortress mode i choose as orcs, and even when i prepare carefully, my hunter refuses to do absolutely anything, making all workshops that deal with leather or bone NIL
Any advice on getting him to work?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: April 21, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

It's unlikely that it's something specific to Orc mode, hunting works fine. 
You have bow/arrows/quiver?

lemonjuice83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: April 21, 2013, 11:38:48 am »

Yep, i got 3 quivers, 10 bows, and around 100 arrows

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »

Well, I don't know how much it helps:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122867.msg4032252#msg4032252
chapter 2 shows hunting, but all i do is bow/arrows/quiver and enable the hunting labor

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: April 21, 2013, 01:11:54 pm »

stray mastiffs gone wild killing people on sight in my legendery dining hall... wtf?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:58 pm »

loyalty cascade?  did you "accidentally" murder a trader or anything?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: April 21, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

loyalty cascade?  did you "accidentally" murder a trader or anything?

you probably mean the goblin ambush that raped my dwarven caravan....

another problem i've got is that dwarves just refuse to use the designated water source and prefer walking outside the wall altough i've set the orders and restricted the outside area the kidnappers are amassing an impressive amout of cheap workforce

anomaly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: April 21, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »

I had a huge problem with hunting until I realized the problem was having multiple types of weapons and ammo available to hunters.  They seem to equip ammo willy-nilly and thus end up having e.g. a bow with bolas in their quiver.  Restrict your hunters to one type of ammo and weapon if you are not.  If you are sure this is not the problem, it might be that hunters may not have access to game due to order restrictions or burrows, or there is no game. Some things hunters will not hunt, such as a few types of humanoids, ravens etc.

BanditoRazor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: April 21, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »

This might be the wrong thread, though I hope not (and my search fu has failed me)

I love the vampires in MWDF. However, I am wondering if there is a way to /lower/ the chances of them draining someone "dry"/killing their victims? I figure smart, long lived vampires would be less likely to leave bodies behind to be discovered but I still want say a 1 in 20 (for example purposes only) chance of them feeding to much/drinking too deeply.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10843 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:38 pm »

BanditoRazor: No, I cant access that. Its the BLOODSUCKER tag, I can only turn it on or off.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

BanditoRazor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: April 21, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »

Thank you for the quick reply. I wonder if concubines have the sleep tag... I'll have to look. But again, thank you for the quick reply.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 749