Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791093 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

In the current version of Masterwork (2i) it's just copper. 

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile

About the inactive golems; to what extent do they fight back? Do they just counterattack sometimes, or do they actually chase and actively fight the attackers?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tetrahedrite is a copper antimony sulfate mineral; Other elements also substitute in the structure, most notably iron and zinc along with less common silver, mercury and lead.

In short: RL tetrahedrite has next to no silver, and I prefer the ores to have a singular metal attached to them, to allow balancing of custom reaction. The batch furnace would accept tetrahedrite for batch silver making otherwise, and produce way too many bars.

Inactive golems fight like any other immoble creature. As long as something is on a nearby tile, they fight. But they will not move. They dont chase anyting.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

What are the current iron ores now, if it was removed from tetrahedrite?  Is it just hematite?  I can't remember the last time I saw magnetite, I sorta assumed its been removed in the streamlining.  My current map is a copper-only map so its been awhile.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile

Limonite can be used for iron too, and magnetite if I remember correctly.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Searching for: METAL_ORE:IRON
inorganic_mineral.txt(26): [METAL_ORE:IRON:100]ore1
inorganic_mineral.txt(164): [METAL_ORE:IRON:100]ore1
inorganic_mineral.txt(384): [METAL_ORE:IRON:100]ore1

following links
YESMIN[INORGANIC:LIMONITE]
YESMIN[INORGANIC:MAGNETITE]
[INORGANIC:HEMATITE]

"YESMIN" means it turns off if you choose "Less minerals" setting

Hematite is found in all stones in Masterwork though, so it's much more common than either of the others which are still sedimentary only.  Probably more common than in vanilla too.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:26:20 am by smakemupagus »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

OK, that makes sense, I have Less Minerals set.  I've only seen hematite and while it is certainly more common than in vanilla, I'm curious if its more common than vanilla's limonite/magnetite/hematite combo (although the frequency feels about the same).  Was wondering if MWDF hematite shows in the place of all three, or if two were removed and hematite frequency was upped, or what.  Not a huge concern; balance-wise MWDF make steel trading on iron-less maps much smoother than normal DF, since you can order crates of it.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Reducing the amount of types does not reduce the total amount of ores or rock. The mod is set to have most things plentiful on each map, at least when using the included worldgens. Selfmade worldgens or the standard worldgen is of course something else...

EDIT: Good news everyone. Thanks to splinterz magical hacking abilities and a custom game_data.ini I wrote, the Dwarf Therapist can fully read out all these changed profession, skill and labor names. :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:57:52 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

OK, that makes sense, I have Less Minerals set.  I've only seen hematite and while it is certainly more common than in vanilla, I'm curious if its more common than vanilla's limonite/magnetite/hematite combo (although the frequency feels about the same).  Was wondering if MWDF hematite shows in the place of all three, or if two were removed and hematite frequency was upped, or what.  Not a huge concern; balance-wise MWDF make steel trading on iron-less maps much smoother than normal DF, since you can order crates of it.

I think it is (much) more common than vanilla.  Less Minerals / More Minerals might have some bearing on the exact fraction of iron ores in shallow layers but either way, I think the main thing is that hematite in MDF can occur in igneous intrusive (deep) layers which often make up a lot of the map.

EDIT: Good news everyone. Thanks to splinterz magical hacking abilities and a custom game_data.ini I wrote, the Dwarf Therapist can fully read out all these changed profession, skill and labor names.

:D :D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:04:29 pm by smakemupagus »

vance

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This looks like an awesome mod, but I'm running into trouble whenever I try to embark. I pick the "For New Players - Simple Start" embark profile, but it drops me into the selection view with the following problems:
No Plump Helmet Spawns Available
No Plump Helmets Available

I get this error before I try to configure anything with config.exe. I just download, extract, run config.exe, and hit play game.

Any ideas?

(As a side note: When I first tried to play, I modified the config extensively and picked Kobolds as the playable race, embarking with them had the problem No Woodstalk Seeds Avaliable or something like that...)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It is not en error. It simply means that you have no access to plump helmet, because the first cavern has no water, and therefore no plump helmets grow. Usually they are included in the embark profile, but since your embark has none, the embark profile deletes them and tells you: Hey,couldnt find plump helmets here, buy something else.

EDIT: Currently reading up on the string dump.... and improving my English.

The premises where distillation is carried out, especially distillation of alcohol, are known as a distillery. A still is the apparatus used for distillation.
Ok, thats it. The still will from now on be known as distillery. And the Metalsmith's Forge is just a forge. You know, Forge and Magma Forge, instead of "Metalsmiths Forge and Magma Forge".

Mh... Slab =  Tombstone/Gravestone?
Edit: Doesnt work, slabs are also used in worldgen for secrets... and "engrave a memorial gravestone" sounds odd.

EDIT: Why in hell are there dinosaurs in the vanilla df string dump? Wow.

|pterosaur|pterosaur|
|dimetrodon|dimetrodon|
|sauropod|sauropod|  => LOL, Sauropods for the win. :)
|theropod|theropod|
|iguanodont|iguanodont|
|hadrosaurid|hadrosaurid|
|stegosaurid|stegosaurid|
|ceratopsid|ceratopsid|
|ankylosaurid|ankylosaurid|

And what in armoks name is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But wait, there is more, from the traders...
|If it were in a cage of some kind...|If it were in a cage of some kind...|
|As it stands, I can't accept something that wriggles and writhes so.|As it stands, I can't accept something that wriggles and writhes so.|

And wow, vanilla guilds...
|Miners Guild|Miners Guild|
|Carpenters Guild|Carpenters Guild|
|Masons Guild|Masons Guild|
|Metalsmiths Guild|Metalsmiths Guild|
|Jewelers Guild|Jewelers Guild|

Editing forgotton beasts... here we go. Unfortunately only the description, nothing more.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:23:35 pm by Meph »

Tinsplint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In response to what exactly what that is, if it's from the vanilla files I would have to say that it's descriptors for legendary thongs for Dwarves to wear around. Otherwise I have no idea. Slab>tombstone unless you plan on using it for something else sounds fine. Clearly they're there to make you dig deeper into the files.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Meph: The dinosaurs are for FBs and Titans. Those things I found interesting too; they're probably for the magical items that were planned way back in the 2D version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Either that or types of fossils. I dont think medieval dwarves can live with dinosaurs, but deep-digging dwarves can find fossilized dinosaur bones.

EDIT: Wasnt there this crazy modding thread were people make duplicate raws and total nonsense somewhere around? With this utility you can completely screw it up. Wildly mix all status reports, titans and FBs, all "thoughts and preferences", mix all good and bad thought reports, anything. It would be total chaos ^^ Exchange the "door tightly locked" with "open" ^^
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:09:51 pm by Meph »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Oh, I know that the dinosaurs are FBs. The things I was referring to were the odd effects you saw in there.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 749