Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749]

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1343818 times)

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, but I have looked several times and I don't have a "Dwarf Fortress" folder inside the root folder "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress"...

I see that when you download the .rar file that there is also a Dwarf Fortress root folder that is seperate from the Masterwork folder, but never have seen the use for that. Regardless, it doesn't start inside the Masterwork folder. Should I put it in the master work folder?

I created a world and saved it, and it is not in that separate "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I have no idea where it is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13907487/tosave.png

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, but I have looked several times and I don't have a "Dwarf Fortress" folder inside the root folder "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress"...

I see that when you download the .rar file that there is also a Dwarf Fortress root folder that is seperate from the Masterwork folder, but never have seen the use for that. Regardless, it doesn't start inside the Masterwork folder. Should I put it in the master work folder?

I created a world and saved it, and it is not in that separate "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I have no idea where it is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13907487/tosave.png

That information gives me the impression that the actual "Dwarf Fortress" folder must be kept outside the "Masterwork" folder.

In your original response you said.. "Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save"

So, can i (or even should I) put the Dwarf Fortress folder inside the Masterwork folder?

What If I just want to play Vanilla DF? Not sure If I need 2 copies of Dwarf fortress going or what. Not that I'll probably play Vanilla, but I may have the urge to.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:00:08 am by CheeseHolePete »

Xardov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That information gives me the impression that the actual "Dwarf Fortress" folder must be kept outside the "Masterwork" folder.

In your original response you said.. "Your save files are found under the directory - \Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\data\save"

So, can i (or even should I) put the Dwarf Fortress folder inside the Masterwork folder?

What If I just want to play Vanilla DF? Not sure If I need 2 copies of Dwarf fortress going or what. Not that I'll probably play Vanilla, but I may have the urge to.

When I downloaded Masterwork DF, I created a file called "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress" and unzipped the contents of the ZIP into that file. 

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ok, thanks. I had 2 "Dwarf Fortress" folders on my desktop and I think thats where it got screwed up. I went ahead and got rid of both of them and jusyt unzipped the recently downloaded one again.

everything seems cool now. Thank you very much, I appreciate your time.  Funny enough, I can actually play Dwarf fortress better than I can manage files and folders and hierarchies and all that. That stuff gives me a headache.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Hey Meph, shift the topic over to the new subforum!

EDIT: Okay, what's happened with the Slag Pit? It isn't accepting any of my querns to build it!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:44:14 am by Gamerlord »

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

gamerlord, need to edit the appropiate raws/buildings_ find the building, and remove the [FIRE_BUILD_SAFE] from the quern in the list of building materials. this also applies to the grate on the crematorium, and i think something on the crucible.

Few minor bits of feedback for v.2i

Farming library does not allow you to train grower skiller.

bloodcheese does not get moved to food stockpiles that allow all cheese types.

timberyard: the metal tree refining actions give extra seeds, is this intended
    tree crop -[cut farmed]-> logs + seeds -[refine]->metal+seeds

brewery: make fuel reaction uses up an entire barrel of booze irrispective of the quantity (and i presume the same for mineral oil but not tested). Presume that this should use a fixed ammout of mineral oil and alchol.

Can the temple blessing be made simular to the music stage reaction so you can leave a priest on blessing duty on auto-repeat without eating all your raw materials.

Is it possible to put the building documentation the building sizes and entrance direction if highly restricted. (for things like the large temples can see ingame until you have all the required custom building materials, and then you find they don't fit in the spaces you have left in the fortress for them).

Is it possible to document what (if any) exact stockpile setting can be used to store some of the new item types, parhaps as part of the building dscription that makes them. (e.g. ink, velum, parchment, essays/books, caged monsters, clockwork parts, blueprints, fishing nets/rods, platinum souls [finished goods/type:tools/metal:platinum] etc)

Issues with some building requireing fireproof grates/querns where tag does not seem to be allowed.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:09:00 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I will answer everything in here a bit later today and then lock this thread. You can keep posting if you like till then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

So, will you make a separate "Release Thread" and discussion thread, to keep things clean, and so you can post changelogs without any distractions?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes. My line of thought was this so far:

Masterwork => Download, changelogs, planned features
File Repository => links, source code, maybe old versions, readmes, community forts, lets plays

FAQ - General/Technical Questions

ORC - Gameplay Questions
KOBOLD - Gameplay Questions
DWARF - Gameplay Questions

ORC - Suggestions/Feedback
KOBOLD - Suggestions/Feedback
DWARF - Suggestions/Feedback
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Hmm... I see nothing wrong with that list. Everything should be good to go, then. :)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Unelf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

gamerlord, need to edit the appropiate raws/buildings_ find the building, and remove the [FIRE_BUILD_SAFE] from the quern in the list of building materials. this also applies to the grate on the crematorium, and i think something on the crucible.

Many thanks! Have spent an in-game year trying to build brick oven and figuring out what's wrong with those grates...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I just uploaded a new release. Fixed the firesafe tags on querns as well.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

And is there a fix for the Minotaur civilization not being created?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just a standard random embark, medium everything, MDF races plus badgerman, pandashi, minotaurs

Which pre-gen is this?  Garden of Gaia or just normal "Create a new world'?  Because "Create a new world" never works for me, DF always crashes. =/

"Create a new world"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So. Thats it. The old and honorable 11233 reply-thread will enter retirement. You can find the download and info about the new release here.

Here the last round of questions asked and answered.
@Japa: Thanks for the update. I *just* uploaded the release... next update will include your new isoworld.

@sayke: I oriented myself on the Toronto Maple Leafs. I wrote leaves first, then checked it (English is weird sometimes) and this seemd the correct form. Probably not. ^^

@CheeseHolePete: You rightclick on the .rar and do "unpack/extract to masterworkdf v.3". It will include 2 folders, 3 manual files and one .exe. What you did is "unpack/extract here", which is also fine, but then of course you have these 6 files next to each other on whatever folder you unpacked them in. To open the save folder you can also run the Settings.exe. Top left corner is has a "open" in the menu, you can find everything there. :)

@lwCoyote: Yes, I do have stuff by coestar. I actually never heard the name before, I just googled his name to make the post, found out he has quite a following. Sweet. :) Next time I ask husky to do a letsplay :P

@gamerlord: Its fixed, the fire_safe token only works on a few items. I removed it from all non-block build mats for now.

@drayath: Thats awesome, good reports. I put them all into my todo list, although I dont understand that one:
Can the temple blessing be made simular to the music stage reaction so you can leave a priest on blessing duty on auto-repeat without eating all your raw materials.
Since I will lock this thread after this last reply, please just leave me a PM about it. :)
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749]