Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1772277 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Masterwork Dwarf Fortress - V0.1 - DF V.31.25 incl. grapics/sound
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 08:28:35 pm »

Well, I dont plan on making custom graphics for things already in a graphic pack ;) If I add new content, I do the sprites, but otherwise I work with Phoebus Tileset.

btw, Spelling... I am honestly missed the second R in Fortress  in the Logo on the Top... good for me that no one noticed ^^ Is fixed now. PDF with Tips and Tricks is done as well... will work on the balancing of the 4 dwarven contructs now.

Anyone knows how to stop a creature from attacking and/or moving ? there is an immobile tag, but it only works on drowning fish, and even just a landmine_case as body and no mouth, arms, legs and so on, the mines and turrets attack in meele. Sometimes it takes some time before the turrets use their breath attack, and try to hit instead...

Another question would be the attack requirerment tag for megabeasts. I can give custom numbers in the creature file, but will they be overridden by the world-gen numbers ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »

Well, I dont plan on making custom graphics for things already in a graphic pack ;) If I add new content, I do the sprites, but otherwise I work with Phoebus Tileset.

btw, Spelling... I am honestly missed the second R in Fortress  in the Logo on the Top... good for me that no one noticed ^^ Is fixed now. PDF with Tips and Tricks is done as well... will work on the balancing of the 4 dwarven contructs now.

Anyone knows how to stop a creature from attacking and/or moving ? there is an immobile tag, but it only works on drowning fish, and even just a landmine_case as body and no mouth, arms, legs and so on, the mines and turrets attack in meele. Sometimes it takes some time before the turrets use their breath attack, and try to hit instead...

Another question would be the attack requirerment tag for megabeasts. I can give custom numbers in the creature file, but will they be overridden by the world-gen numbers ?
The making them immobile part, I have no idea, and to stop melee give them a [MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:(material):SOLID_GLOB] I think solid_glob makes the creature act more of a turrent and would rather shot then melee. I don't know if this was fixed. Check the wiki on MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »

I guess the ingame fix would be assigning them to chains/restrains

Anyway, I wanted to use solid_glob for the ranged unit that helps the archers. I read about the AI thing that they stop moving.

But the turrets use WEB, FIREBREATH and DRAGONFIREBREATH. At least occasionally ;)
My landmines also explode without dying... funny that, they should be affected by their own breath attack, but they are not.

Well, at least I get not a single Error in the error log. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 09:54:50 pm »

make sure the mine is affected by it's own explosion, so if it's poison that poison just ruins it's day. If you are using that Kill switch Idea for semi-organic/inorganic creatures make the poison stop the function of it's thought BP (I'm trying to get this to work in my mod for using quick silver to kill undead)

And I think chaining up mines is a good idea, they did that for sea mines :P

But back to making mines killable.

Fire exploding mines, make sure they are made of something that has a HEATDAM point above room temp
Cold exploding mines, COLDDAM point should be lower then room temp

acaully just making a vapor syndrome that on contact disables their thought BP should kill them, or just give them a lung and have it get disabled so they can suffocate from the poison

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »

Just a favour, could you have an option for download without warpstine? I just love mining everywhere.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 10:02:06 pm »

Just a favour, could you have an option for download without warpstine? I just love mining everywhere.
lol It would be as simple as hunt down the warpstone in the raws and completely remove them. *thumbs up [b*
Gen world and tada no more deadly gas stone :P

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 03:47:27 am »

25 minutes of music, 5 pregenned worlds, changes that probably imply prepacked version...
Are you going to put it on torrent?
Also, no one gives bothers with dwarf death messages till cancellation spam gets drowned in them.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 08:31:33 am »

This is looking good, I wish you the best of luck.

Any plans to either reduce the number of stone/gem/wood etc types to increase FPS further ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 11:57:46 am »

should make the music optional (say for dwarves like me that lack this... high-speed that is praised by rich lordlings)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 12:27:11 pm »

should make the music optional (say for dwarves like me that lack this... high-speed that is praised by rich lordlings)
music playing in the background shouldn't interfere much. It has been multi threading fine since DOS time. I'm more concerned about the repetition...
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:00 pm »

Ah I ment the donwload size :P I usally have no music and play my own in the background. I have a super beast PC just my internet is little better then dial-up :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 01:06:10 pm »

I hope to put it onto The DFFD. It says till 100mb is ok... music is in .ogg format and only 17mb.

Stones/Gems/Wood: I dont know... the leather thing only affects the scrolling in the UI, since Cat leather, dog leather, cow leather and so on had the same properties all along anyway. It is more a fix for easier handling then against FPS-Death. I dont know how much fewer rock types do influence the FPS... also if players would even like that. most mods add minerals ;)

About the repitition and optional music setting: In the ingame menu you can turn music on/off, it is usually off, because of the repitition. The original song is 3mins, no one woud play it, you'd go crazy. The new one is a mix of 6 different tracks, total length 25mins... you play one hour DF, you hear every track twice. ;) Or you just turn it off ;)

Also got some work done:
Added Warlords Bonfire mod, lets you build 1x1 tile fireplaces. Can be build anywhere and has 2 options: Start small fire (1 wood, short time) and big fire (5wood and 1 fuel, 9months) Produces heat and smoke, can be used to drop garbage upon to burn it, build heat-traps, ornamental smokestacks, melt glaciers or start forest fires/bush fires.  TESTED AND WORKS

Also did the 10 embark profiles, one setup for beginner, a farming/breeding focused, an engineer-trap embark, one miner only for megaprojects, military heavy, smiths, travelling craftsmen, one lost trade-caravan stuck without miner, two challenging embarks: itemless embark and nobles embark (only one dude that has skills)   Mostly adds a bit of Roleplaying-options, took a look through the wiki for challenging embarks etc.

Made the PDF that adds a bit more Lore to the embark options. That is 1,3mb ;)
PDF with the collection of 25 Tips and Tricks is also done, 300kb ;)

I know this is purely ornamental, but it's not so much work, and I havent seen this anywhere else. Even the Lazy Newb Pack does require a good background knowledge first.

I also tweaked the Warpstone. Veins give Fever/Nausea/Drowsiness and Unconsciousness. Nothing really hurts, but gives unhappy thoughts and slows them down.  Gemcluster kill, but are much rarer. Anyway, like hugo said, it would be easily removed from the raws, only 3 entrys on the top of the page.

@hugo: Download is only once so I hope people can survive a few mb more or less ;)

Also added 3 screenshots. I feel kind of stupid, but how do you change the standart SPOILER Click to see/hide-text to something else ? Like a title of what is on the screenshot ? ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:39:44 pm by Meph »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 01:59:00 pm »

I hope to put it onto The DFFD. It says till 100mb is ok... music is in .ogg format and only 17mb.

Stones/Gems/Wood: I dont know... the leather thing only affects the scrolling in the UI, since Cat leather, dog leather, cow leather and so on had the same properties all along anyway. It is more a fix for easier handling then against FPS-Death. I dont know how much fewer rock types do influence the FPS... also if players would even like that. most mods add minerals ;)

About the repitition and optional music setting: In the ingame menu you can turn music on/off, it is usually off, because of the repitition. The original song is 3mins, no one woud play it, you'd go crazy. The new one is a mix of 6 different tracks, total length 25mins... you play one hour DF, you hear every track twice. ;) Or you just turn it off ;)

Also got some work done:
Added Warlords Bonfire mod, lets you build 1x1 tile fireplaces. Can be build anywhere and has 2 options: Start small fire (1 wood, short time) and big fire (5wood and 1 fuel, 9months) Produces heat and smoke, can be used to drop garbage upon to burn it, build heat-traps, ornamental smokestacks, melt glaciers or start forest fires/bush fires.  TESTED AND WORKS

Also did the 10 embark profiles, one setup for beginner, a farming/breeding focused, an engineer-trap embark, one miner only for megaprojects, military heavy, smiths, travelling craftsmen, one lost trade-caravan stuck without miner, two challenging embarks: itemless embark and nobles embark (only one dude that has skills)   Mostly adds a bit of Roleplaying-options, took a look through the wiki for challenging embarks etc.

Made the PDF that adds a bit more Lore to the embark options. That is 1,3mb ;)
PDF with the collection of 25 Tips and Tricks is also done, 300kb ;)

I know this is purely ornamental, but it's not so much work, and I havent seen this anywhere else. Even the Lazy Newb Pack does require a good background knowledge first.

I also tweaked the Warpstone. Veins give Fever/Nausea/Drowsiness and Unconsciousness. Nothing really hurts, but gives unhappy thoughts and slows them down.  Gemcluster kill, but are much rarer. Anyway, like hugo said, it would be easily removed from the raws, only 3 entrys on the top of the page.

@hugo: Download is only once so I hope people can survive a few mb more or less ;)

Also added 3 screenshots. I feel kind of stupid, but how do you change the standart SPOILER Click to see/hide-text to something else ? Like a title of what is on the screenshot ? ^^

for giving the spoiler a name use a =(name) right next to the first [SPOILER tag so
{spoiler=meow}See?{/spoiler}
would look like
Spoiler: meow (click to show/hide)

Or you can use a hyperlink to the picture, I did that in my topic so that it sped up loading time :P

And true for the download.... But I only get a 200mb download limit a day (if I exseed internet speed cut in half for 24hrs :()

And keeping the minerials in is good, but maybe less useless stones like there is Gabbro, Basalt, Granite, etc... just stones for flavour not really anything different other then color. You could add in the ability to dye/color/paint rocks so ppl can color their fortresses, maybe just have SEDIMENTARY (white?) rock ,IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE (grey?) rock and METAMORPHIC (dark grey/black?) rock along with the colored rocks. That would free up alot of space in the stone menu, But I know some minerals target certain rock types... Could have a custom reaction that can "find traces of (minerial)" from the three mentioned stone types. and maybe limit the gems to "Emeralds, Sapphires, Rubies, Diamonds.." you know just the more famous gems. Wood is easy, just have about 2-3 tree types in each biome.

Hopefully that made sense :s

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 02:40:47 pm »

Limiting wood by seperating the trees by biome is an awesome idea :) 

But the rocks would be a lot mor difficult. All the metals are associated  with certain minerals, and gems as well... also shallow and deep... I think with my entire 4 days of modding experience I would end up breaking the game and leaving people metal and gemless ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 03:02:07 pm »

well the layers go as such
SEDIMENTARY
IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE
METAMORPHIC
DEEP