Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791937 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1995 on: March 04, 2012, 11:09:04 pm »

Savants vs. autism: Well, the "savants" have slow learner for every other skill, so they are autists in a way. But I did not alter the social/speaking skills, that would mess them up too much, so I settled on savants.

The magma safe invaders: Frost Giants has melted/solidified. This is what I get when I put them in magma. They also drown, so no problem with them. Automatons are made a magma-proof metal and dont care about a little bit of molten rock, and since they dont breathe... just forget magma traps against them. Ice/Obsidian still works though.

Diverser World is the Garden of Gaia ;)

I am making slow progress. The golem can be drafted in the army now, as milita captians, but still flee, even when they have a kill order. -.-

Slaves work, you buy broodmothers, they breed you slaves. Takes 1-2 years for a fully working slave, but they have big litter sizes. Problem: Sometimes the game crashes when I view the description of the slaves. It is maddening, since I do brute force modding, pecking around in the dark, and have to wait 1-2 ingame years every time. But they do labor. :)

I will let the game run in the background and work on the GUI a bit, but a new download wont be ready today.

Changelog for my latest bit of work:
 - Worked on Turrets. Hellfire, Slade and Warpstone (the good ones) should not appear with free migrants anymore. Only 1 in 1000 should be a good version.
 - Renamed Zombie Thieves to [PROFESSION_NAME:THIEF:wanderer:wanderers] As in: A lone zombie wandered close to your fortress and was spotted, a good sign for coming hordes.
 - Added 6 secret additions. Collect them all. Check your gamelog, there might be a strange message once a month.
 - Changed living stone tile to avoid confusion with metals
 - Removed duplicate Tower Shield
 - Raised blob frequency from 20 to 40
 - Added a custom language for drow
 - Added custom profession names for slaves. Laborers: Enslaved "laborname" Fighters: "name" gladiator
 - Updated Therapist and Mouse Fortress to 34.04
 - Removed the tanning of shells. The people have spoken. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:28:04 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:30 pm »

sounds good, im sure you'll make the 'secret' dwarfs toggleable separately, but just reminding you to do so if you haven't. those might be too confusing for new players.

however im liking the number of inside stuff, keeps the fort fun.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:24:27 pm by bombzero »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1997 on: March 04, 2012, 11:26:03 pm »

Yes, they will be optional. And be quite, they should be a surprise ;) Even the Button will read: Secrets ON/OFF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37:34 pm »

I like what I'm seeing for what's coming!

Back to the truetype issue, the only reason I'm personally putting up with it, is because using the default text I end up with icons replacing a number of letters for some reason.  I hadn't seen this happen since some of the .31 updates.  Not sure if its Phoebus thing.  I'm sure it'll get straightened out at some point.

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 05, 2012, 12:32:14 am »

Keep up the good work!! oh and i would love to see an ascii version, i know youve already said this will be alot of work... but i have my fingers crossed
Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:28 am »

For "Collapsed"...try "Ancient Rubble".  You have struck Ancient Rubble.  It's an Ancient Rubble Wall.  There is an engraved Ancient Rubble Floor.

I think that works.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 05, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

water pushes babies through fortifications, that is all.

That is so evil. (I almost spilled my coffee) :D
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:04 am »

Awesome Colbalt Statue
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Awesome Artifact: Iriduim Demon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 05, 2012, 01:31:19 am »

I like what I'm seeing for what's coming!

Back to the truetype issue, the only reason I'm personally putting up with it, is because using the default text I end up with icons replacing a number of letters for some reason.  I hadn't seen this happen since some of the .31 updates.  Not sure if its Phoebus thing.  I'm sure it'll get straightened out at some point.

I have the black boxes over writing (true type off) problem you described earlier. True Type ON = no black boxes (but i dont like the font)
It does not seem happen in vanilla+Phoebus (but i will double check today).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:32:58 am by Nimrod »
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 05, 2012, 01:38:15 am »

Looking at the OP, it mentions "autistic dwarves". Looking at the raws to see how much of a horribly insensitive trainwreck it is, I noticed that there actually isn't any mention of autism at all; it seems like you're going more for savants, which is what it's called in the mod anyway. I would recommend not referring to them as "autistic"; being autistic and having savant syndrome are not the same thing.

autisim is a broad spectrum term

i am considered an autistic savant (aspergers)

being a savant is Definitely under the umbrella of autism

@Fairin
you can easily change this in the world parameters.
in the second-to-last page, there are 5 "layer #" with a number, basically, reduce the first two numbers to have the first cavern closer from the top, and reduce all to 5 2 1 2 1 to have vanilla default parameters.

I personally always up these numbers in vanilla so that I can have more vertical space to build at very top and very bottom layers, so I am content of the defaults here, but now you know how to change it to your liking too.

Be aware that even in vanilla, it does happen to see some 40 levels before first cave, it is still based on some random generation, nothing is really fixed values here.

5 2 1 2 1 worked like a charm - 70 floors from 0 to magma - the lowest part of my map is the waterfall . and its 30 z-levels to magma, epic fortress incomming, beware my sissy golems!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:58:02 am by Fairin »

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 05, 2012, 01:39:53 am »

It does not exist in solid form after mining. Ruins I tried first, Ruins Wall, Ruins Floor... not much better. If anyone has a better name then "collaped" (collapsed wall/floor) I will add it.

How about "debris"?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:40 am »

What does Warpstone even do???
If you are familier with warhammer fanasty than warpstone is what makes up the ground near the poles of the world where demons and the warp have broken through. Warpstone carries a certain amount of chaos taint, originating in the warp. Warpstone also has magical properties, because it is form the poles and chaos that all magic in the world flows from. The chaos taint present in the warpstone will cause mutations over time, which is represnted in this game as full body rot. It is a doubled edged sword, as the skaven and other warhammer fanasty races know well.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 05, 2012, 02:17:32 am »

My vote is for "Collapsed Ruin"

You have struck Collapsed Ruin!
Collapsed Ruin Wall
Collapsed Ruin Floor

Or you could go Ruined Brick

You have struck Ruined Brick!
Ruined Brick Wall
Ruined Brick Floor

Basically <adjective> <noun>

Where <adjective> describes a broken down unmaintained condition and <noun> refers to something you can build with or a structure.

Oh and Meph, you could consider doing what is mentioned in this thread for improving adventure mode without much effect on fort mode.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103668.0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 02:27:34 am by Ashnal »

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 05, 2012, 03:38:55 am »

This is how I protect my merchants:

Code: [Select]
...▲...
0═════0
╦+++++╦
║+▼▼▼+║
║+++++║
║+++++║
╩+++++╩
That's a wall at the top and a raised bridge to either side. The single ramp lets me floor over the z-level above to keep out fliers, while the three ramps inside lead into my fort. I floor over the inside to keep trees from appearing inside.

I think I read that sieges only spawn where they can path to a dwarf, so don't make this the only open entrance (obviously it needs to be the only one wide enough for a caravan).

If you like to mod your raws to get multiple trade caravans in a season, make the whole thing much wider, or they might try and spawn on top of each other and crash the game.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 05, 2012, 04:20:11 am »

I know there are difficulties in updating the mod, but is it possible to know if the mod can be out within one week? Just so I know if I wait, or start a new game. TIA  :D
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 749