Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790157 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #2010 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:44 am »

meph - i have to say that "rubble" instead of "collapsed" doesn't sound weird at all. "You have struck rubble", "Rubble wall", etc - all are perfectly fine, and would be a significant improvement over "collapsed", which is grammatically incorrect and sounds weird!

and the dust/smoke/etc effects sound fantastic! well done man =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 05, 2012, 04:54:28 am »

I know there are difficulties in updating the mod, but is it possible to know if the mod can be out within one week? Just so I know if I wait, or start a new game. TIA  :D

I'm obnoxiously wondering the same thing.  ;D

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:49 am »

Question: Is a single reaction for Mithril bars in the arc furnace supposed to produce 150 mithril?

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:04 am »

Question: Is a single reaction for Mithril bars in the arc furnace supposed to produce 150 mithril?

Answer: No. But atm it is ;) (will be fixed - in this thread is a quickfix for the raw if i am not mistaken)
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 05, 2012, 05:31:15 am »

How many is it supposed to produce? I'll fix it myself instead of digging through the thread :)

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 05, 2012, 06:10:11 am »

I don't know if it matters, or if i should even mention it here, but the Masterwork Manual.chm.lnk points to the wrong file.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 05, 2012, 06:11:44 am »

@Meph - New bugs found while I am playing this fortress called Silverterror.

I have a steel robe from some random drow which is now claimed by a dwarf -> robes being claimed.

I got some x(Golden Exotic gloves)x (or something like that). This means clothes/armour like this degenerates like normal clothing used to (I think so at least).

Some difficulties with hospitals & burrows. I had to delete all burrows so my dwarves start hauling wounded comrades. (Might be hardcoded)

Pig tail oil production seems to produce to much coal I think. Too easy  :P

For the 6th year of this fortress this is all I have found. I'm back to reclaiming the surface from zombie infestation. (Underground tunnel network with airlocks is win - 2 caravans made it to the depot with no loses! Only 1 dwarf wounded and 3 idiot cats dead.) 8)

Cheers.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2017 on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:15 am »

How many is it supposed to produce? I'll fix it myself instead of digging through the thread :)
In the smelter reactions there will be a REAGENT that will be lacking a PRODUCT_DIMENSION

and it will probally have this:
1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:....
or this:
1:BAR:NONE:....

change that "1" to "150" and that shall fix this issue

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:59 am »

In the smelter reactions there will be a REAGENT that will be lacking a PRODUCT_DIMENSION

and it will probally have this:
1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:....
or this:
1:BAR:NONE:....

change that "1" to "150" and that shall fix this issue

Actually these reactions are found in "reaction_masterwork"

Heres the code

--------
[REACTION:SMELT_MITHRIL]
   [NAME:make mithril bars]
[BUILDING:ARC_FURNACE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
[BUILDING:MAGMA_ARC_FURNACE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
   [REAGENT:ore powder:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]
   [REAGENT:ore container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:ore powder]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]   !NOSMELTING!PRODUCT:2:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [FUEL]
   [SKILL:SMELT]

--------

This is the line
[REAGENT:ore powder:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]
that needs to be changed to
[REAGENT:ore powder:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]

if I am not mistaken (same goes for cobalt, wolfram, etc)

or set it to 15 to cheat just a little :D

cheers

P.S: If i am wrong, please correct me ;)

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:15 am »

Am I right that all these random "YESBLAH" and etc. in the masterwork raws outside the tags are markers for the GUI to change settings?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 05, 2012, 07:55:06 am »

arrrgh - had a mood that needed a silk, so what do i do? obviously i open the caverns with and escourt someone to get a few threads

ive done this before tons of times. love romping through the caverns, rediclious xp on the military - only had a squad of 5 for this outing, only 40 dwarves in fortress.

its year 2 1/2 - autumn fended off 4 seiges of beakwolves already with hellarious after effects. was in the middle of making my lamenlar leather padding

anyway. open up the cavern. send someone to get silk keeping an eye on him with my squad

AMBUSH!! troglodytes. armed with something like - deamon bone meteor hammers, or blood steel warhammers ..

check the log. its only 16 vs my 5 dwarves. no problem for my boys

AMBUSH! AMBUSH AMBUSH! .. 61 vs my 5..

seriously? FML

each one is armed with a -better than steel- hammer or 2handed maul.. you know the armor punching kind of mauls...

didnt even get a chance to wall off the damned entrance, what a sucktastic end to a week long fort

yey for the die command and reloading the last season save. it cant end like that. im not done building magma land mines for grins ><
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:57:54 am by Fairin »

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 05, 2012, 08:11:12 am »

The shells are definitely odd.

they are recognized by mood (yeah, first moody asking for them that didn't die), but are not stored correctly in stockpiles.
My refuse area, outdoor for corpses and vermin, only accept the rotting stuff (corpses, body parts and Item Types), the latest being rotten food and all the stuff you really don't want inside basically.
Then, and indoor refuse (in fact, many, but let's make it simple) accepting skulls, bones, shells, teeth, horns/hooves and hair/wool.

Could you explain me why they put the shells in the outdoor refuse?
My guess is thay lack a tag the vanilla ones have, thus being considered as body parts and not shells.

I did test it in vanilla, and it works as intended, so it is definitely yours that have this problem.
Not sure if you fixed this along with the other shell related stuff you did, but I wanted to write it down as I didn't read it previously.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 05, 2012, 08:16:11 am »

Hm I can't make pig iron or steel. I have tons of iron (not coarse), tons coal fuel and marble but the reaction doesn't work. What gives?

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:23 am »

@Meph - If I missed this in the upcoming changes, whoops in advance. Please see about giving us an option to disable necromancers coming to fortress mode. The corpses they raise don't attack my dorfs, but my military dorfs rush to attack the corpses.

What's worse, sometimes when a necromancer dies and their body cannot be located, you get a ghost necromancer who runs around reviving everything he can find. Sometimes he sits their reviving the same corpse over and over and over while your armored mastiffs kill it over and over and over. I've actually put my current fortress on hold because of this issue. Thanks. :)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 05, 2012, 08:58:19 am »

@Meph - If I missed this in the upcoming changes, whoops in advance. Please see about giving us an option to disable necromancers coming to fortress mode. The corpses they raise don't attack my dorfs, but my military dorfs rush to attack the corpses.

What's worse, sometimes when a necromancer dies and their body cannot be located, you get a ghost necromancer who runs around reviving everything he can find. Sometimes he sits their reviving the same corpse over and over and over while your armored mastiffs kill it over and over and over. I've actually put my current fortress on hold because of this issue. Thanks. :)

I read it will be an on/off option called "Secrets"
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 749