Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1787561 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #2025 on: March 05, 2012, 09:35:37 am »

The magma safe invaders: Frost Giants has melted/solidified. This is what I get when I put them in magma. They also drown, so no problem with them. Automatons are made a magma-proof metal and dont care about a little bit of molten rock, and since they dont breathe... just forget magma traps against them. Ice/Obsidian still works though.

Diverser World is the Garden of Gaia ;)

Maybe it is my not-so-good english (my native language is german), but I can not make sense of this. Are Frost Giants supposed to be magma-immune or not? The help file says:
- If anything else fails: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Also I like to mention: While I criticize, this is still a mod that makes the game much better.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:38:32 am by mglarev »

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 05, 2012, 10:55:36 am »

Hm I can't make pig iron or steel. I have tons of iron (not coarse), tons coal fuel and marble but the reaction doesn't work. What gives?
Not sure about your specific problem but I find it easier to make steel using the (magma) blast furnace. The furnace operator gathers enough flux, coal and an iron ore and makes 6 bars at a time. It's also a lot faster for making coal as well.  Flobulon posted an image for how it works a few days ago I think.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 05, 2012, 11:18:52 am »

By any chance, does the mod modify the fluidity of Magma?
Or maybe it's Vanilla, but the magma from the pipe went nearly as fast as river water to fill the tank I made for it, and I didn't have the time to close the floodgate.
Magma industry under tons of magma now, ok, time for the "die" command again I guess...
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2028 on: March 05, 2012, 11:20:29 am »

By any chance, does the mod modify the fluidity of Magma?
Or maybe it's Vanilla, but the magma from the pipe went nearly as fast as river water to fill the tank I made for it, and I didn't have the time to close the floodgate.
Magma industry under tons of magma now, ok, time for the "die" command again I guess...
Screw pumps presserize magma

EDIT:
I probally misread that wrong, and baddly
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:22:00 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2029 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:25 pm »

@mglarev: Was ich sagen wollte ist, dass Eisriesen schmilzen oder, da sie wasser als Leiche dalassen, direkt in Obsidian eingeschweißt werden. Eisriesen sterben also in Magma. Automatons nicht, die sind feuerfest ;)

@goncyn: Yes, they are markers for the GUI

@the rest: Cant mod fluids... so no different magma. Otherwise I would have added oil a long time ago.

Trogs shouldnt have such epic stuff, but they take random metals. Was probably just bad luck, i had one with a slade hammer once. But then again they also show up with rusty iron sometimes.

Shells are a bodypart and are stockpiled in the refuse.

Necros and Healers are nerfed for the next release, so no worries. The Secret thing will be about something else though... *dramatic-thunder-in-background* It will make the game harder, to say the least. (optional)

My progress:
Golems fight.
Slaves work.
No crashes.
Robes/exoticGloves/exoticBoots are fixed, they shouldnt have wear now. (no XxclothxX)

Added options to the GUI:
Elves, Humans and Drow can be toggled.
Dust effects
Vaporstones (the 6 stones and living/fungus) is optional now.
Added 8 buttons for the 8 vanilla buildings with new reactions. These reactions are optional now as well.

I now have to do some more testing with different GUI settings and eliminate error logs, and I have a little more work to do on the tradegoods of the drow. They dont bring slaves, except when dwarves also bring slaves. Difficult to seperate it. Testing, yet again, is slow, need to wait for the drow.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »

@mglarev: Was ich sagen wollte ist, dass Eisriesen schmilzen oder, da sie wasser als Leiche dalassen, direkt in Obsidian eingeschweißt werden. Eisriesen sterben also in Magma. Automatons nicht, die sind feuerfest ;)

Ah. Okay. Bei mir gestern sind sie nicht gestorben (Eisriesen). Ich habe sie mit DFHack probeweise in der Lava versenkt. Sie meiden sie zwar, aber bleiben definitiv am Leben. Ich teste das aber nochmal.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2031 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »

Ich habs nur in der Arena getested, da funktionierts auf jeden fall, dauert aber was. Ansonsten haben die auch den "drowning" tag, also wenn du die in magma versenkst dann ertrinken die zumindest.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2032 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:13 pm »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to using Masterworks, so perhaps this is a very noobish question. But I seem to be having issues with my smelter. I have plenty of coke, bitumous coal and even a few pieces of charcoal. But all my smelting options are red. Is it that you can't use coke in smelters?

I tried looking in the manual but didn't see anything about this.

Thanks in advance!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:33 pm »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to using Masterworks, so perhaps this is a very noobish question. But I seem to be having issues with my smelter. I have plenty of coke, bitumous coal and even a few pieces of charcoal. But all my smelting options are red. Is it that you can't use coke in smelters?

Thanks in advance!

You do have metal ore right?  :P

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:22 pm »

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

You do have metal ore right?  :P

Hehe, yes I do. I even have left over bituminous coal left that I could turn into coke, but that option is "red" too. I'm leaning towards tearing it down and building it again?
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2035 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:22 pm »

I have a test fortress running just now, smelting works fine. Besides that, I dont even have access to most of the smelting reactions, so I cant mod them anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2036 on: March 05, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

Aha, you have coal, but no coke. Build a woodburner and make one unit of coke, then start making coke from the coal. You cant use coal before you refine it. (But this is standard DF procedure, nothing I did mod)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:53 pm »

Aha, you have coal, but no coke. Build a woodburner and make one unit of coke, then start making coke from the coal. You cant use coal before you refine it. (But this is standard DF procedure, nothing I did mod)

I didn't express myself properly, I do have coke. Plenty of it. 2 bins full, stored right underneath the smelter (1 z level below it). At this point I have several pieces of Tetrahedrite available, pieces of coke, bitimunous coal, even 2 pieces of charcal left over from the wood burning furnace (so I could start making coke). And now no idea why but all the actions are red. :/ I even tore down the smelter, and built a new one. It's made of granite (is that bad?)

I didn't want to blame the mod, I'm just wondering if anybody would know if I could have done something wrong? :(

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ahhh, ok... I tried putting my smelter on the same Z level as my coke/fule/minerals, and now it's working. Is it maybe a bug in the core game then?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:50:46 pm by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:31 pm »

EDIT: Ahhh, ok... I tried putting my smelter on the same Z level as my coke/fule/minerals, and now it's working. Is it maybe a bug in the core game then?

Very odd. That would suggest your smelter didn't have access to the coke/flux/ore. Glad you got it working though.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:10 pm »

Very odd. That would suggest your smelter didn't have access to the coke/flux/ore. Glad you got it working though.

I do have a bit of an odd setup. My workshop areas are 11X11, and I put an equivalent 11X11 underneath it, and there are 4 stair cases leading to it. Maybe it's because it was nearly on top of it maybe? Anyways, it's working! :D

Also, I did the test and put just a single bin of coke on the same floor as my previous smelter, and right after the bin was dropped, it suddenly gained access to all the smelting options for the ores I had. So it seems like it's maybe only fuel that isn't properly detected across Z levels?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:22:19 pm by Vhorthex »
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 749