Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788049 times)

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2115 on: March 06, 2012, 07:02:56 am »

New version keeps crashing during world gen when I choose the "plains (good biomes)" preset. Generating on the second option, the "varied" one, worked.

Doesn't happen with a freshly unpacked version, so it must be a setting I changed. Here are some screenshots of the settings that cause the crash. Always crashes on year 16 using "plains (good biomes)".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 06, 2012, 07:04:13 am »

Good changelog. I didn't spot the 150 Mithril bars bug in there though. Did you fix that?

Yes its fixed. Just made a single puny mithril bar out of the powder ... a sad day ... no more mithril militia :D
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 06, 2012, 08:10:55 am »

Rip fiber item allows to rip... wood for cloth. Unravel cloth produced 3 rough wooden threads. I wonder if they are stronger than normal cloth  :P
Even better make rope from rope reed produce rope reed fiber rope out of nowhere.

Unsurprisingly make boulder from blocks allows to use wood blocks turning them into a wood... boulder? Or something. Which can be used as boulders. Although i like to feel like this a feature.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:40:42 am by afftor »

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2118 on: March 06, 2012, 08:22:12 am »

I feel i'm going to ask a redundant question, but what will are we able to do with slaves? I tried to so a search of the manual and didn't get any hits and well, since the title of the thread has "slaves" in it, search this thread with slaves gives you a hit for each post. lol

Thanks in advance! :D
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:27 am »

Ok, can't seem to work it out, I think its the water draining from the map in streams and rivers, but when I updated to the current version of Masterwork DF and started a new game (just to be clear there), an odd thing happens were it would "Lag" until I hit a key or waited for a second, this was with it going just over 100 fps...

EDIT:: On another note, my Garden of Gaia is more of a hell hole of madness, the ocean in the middle is Savage+ and alot of the area around the middle is evil in some shape of form. I am adding the Defence Mode civs in but that shouldn't leave my Ocean Savage+ unlike that of the Ocean/Map Preview in the Manual. This is with THIS and the Last Version...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:30:23 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 06, 2012, 08:39:11 am »

Ok, can't seem to work it out, I think its the water draining from the map in streams and rivers, but when I updated to the current version of Masterwork DF and started a new game (just to be clear there), an odd thing happens were it would "Lag" until I hit a key or waited for a second, this was with it going just over 100 fps...

EDIT:: On another note, my Garden of Gaia is more of a hell hole of madness, the ocean in the middle is Savage+ and alot of the area around the middle is evil in some shape of form. I am adding the Defence Mode civs in but that shouldn't leave my Ocean Savage+ unlike that of the Ocean/Map Preview in the Manual. This is with THIS and the Last Version...

Did you embark on a volcano (i usually do)? The tube/crater is (always?) empty and cuts through all caverns and a lot of liquid movement is going on (i had to dhfack some walls to seal the waterflow off to get the framerate back to normal)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:48:57 am by Nimrod »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

Unless it was happening underground in the caverns then no...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 06, 2012, 08:59:43 am »

Thanks Meph for the new version, especially all the bugfixes!

Here again the building guide examples. I would really like some feedback about the two guides, metal and building, to see if I should continue in that direction, or not. (I personally like flobulons more, but I guess he does not have the time to simply make one for each building/reaction)
I find the font in the building guides really hard to read. Stick to a nice readable font with serif, not a fancy one, IMO, and definitely don't use italics or caps for the whole text.

Cynsye

• Bay Watcher
  • Dorf²
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:27 am »

And of course Toady releases a new version of DF straight away. :D
WARNING!: Following links on the Internet can be harmful to your sanity.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:02 am »

Just an idea, for are fortresses were we want to raise an undead army to protect us. Would adding NO_FEAR to the dwarfs prevent the non military from running away from the friendly walking corpses?

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 06, 2012, 09:16:16 am »

Just an idea, for are fortresses were we want to raise an undead army to protect us. Would adding NO_FEAR to the dwarfs prevent the non military from running away from the friendly walking corpses?

I guess so. And itd prevent them to run from anything else too ...

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 06, 2012, 09:18:20 am »

Is it possible to tweak the size of migration of dwarfs with the mod tools?

I just always feel like in the span of 2 years I'm already at over 100 dwarfs. I'd like for it to go a little slower if possible. Any way of accomplishing this? :D
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:52 am »

I think you just need to adjust the population cap, then you can increase it later if you want more migrants. This can be done from the first page of the settings (or the init file if you weren't playing Masterwork).

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 06, 2012, 09:25:01 am »

New Version, within 12 hours of the Masterwork release. Of course.

I don't think it is possible to alter the migration wave size. But personally, I am glad having so many dwarfs. There are times when a migration wave arrives and I greet them with "welcome to the military, here is your axe".
For now, just alter the population cap.

Also: Is it a Masterwork of a Vanilla DF feature that you can get necromancer dwarfs with your migrants?

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:43 am »

Ahh ok, I'll consider the pop cap setting. But I'd feel it'd be undwarfly of me.

Can the "No Corpse" setting impede on hunting? Like getting tallow and such?
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 749