Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790699 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2130 on: March 06, 2012, 09:50:32 am »

the only way I know to "control" population is by setting cap (you can change it after a while if you want).

The only way to control the size of an migration wave is wealth. if you make a ton of wealth, your migration waves will be big, far too big (I saw waves of 40, some say they had even more).

Control yourself, and cap the population, you might succeed like this.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2131 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:28 am »

the only way I know to "control" population is by setting cap (you can change it after a while if you want).

The only way to control the size of an migration wave is wealth. if you make a ton of wealth, your migration waves will be big, far too big (I saw waves of 40, some say they had even more).

Control yourself, and cap the population, you might succeed like this.

Ahh ok. I think what made everything go insane is a legendary... rock door. it was worth 40k. lol

Would anyone know how if it's possible to increase the size of the new font that was added with the latest patch? I think it looks great, but a little small for my old man eyes.
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:03 am »

No, the truth is you already had a good amount of wealth before, because there is a minimum requirement in wealth for moods.

Basically, start the game a little slower (no more mass craft at the start basically), and all will be much smoother.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:33 am »

One of my dwarfs crafted a legendary bag of loot recently. I actually sold it (lost the fortress and reclaimed it). I bought everything in the first caravan :)

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: March 06, 2012, 10:31:43 am »

I'm trying to figure out if I the drow survived world gen. Set it to 125 years to try and avoid exterminations.

I see all the races I added, Frogmen & minotaurs. But the only race I don't see is the drow. (not even as a wanderer) Although I'm using the adventure mode to verify this. Perhaps drow aren't a playable race period?

Also, trying to use the "*world_sites_and_pops.txt" export from legends mode, I get errors in the latest version of legends viewer. Anybody else getting this issue?
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:10 am »

You can check what races your embark site has access to by pressing tab a couple of times while on the world map. This cycles through some options on the right most column that default shows the biome details, if you tab it can show elevation and races you have access to there.

If a race isn't there it is either exterminated or you don't have access, say it's on a different continent.

And no bodies is just for invaders, you can still butcher things without any problem. I've also been able to butcher goblin feet and hands I think but shhhhhhhhh.:-X Meat is such a usefully non descriptive term, eat up little beardlings.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: March 06, 2012, 10:55:25 am »

with so many races, they won't all show up even if present, not enough place in the window...

Legend viewer is a reliable way to check, or manually check all civilisations in legend mode (viewer is way faster to identify present civilisations, dead ones and if present at all).

As for butchering, well, they can survive years eating and dinking only one mushroom type, so even goblin meat should be better.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: March 06, 2012, 10:56:18 am »

You can check what races your embark site has access to by pressing tab a couple of times while on the world map. This cycles through some options on the right most column that default shows the biome details, if you tab it can show elevation and races you have access to there.

If a race isn't there it is either exterminated or you don't have access, say it's on a different continent.

And no bodies is just for invaders, you can still butcher things without any problem. I've also been able to butcher goblin feet and hands I think but shhhhhhhhh.:-X Meat is such a usefully non descriptive term, eat up little beardlings.

Great thanks!

Strange, I had forgotten about the TAB and cycle through the list of features. Indeed, the civs are displayed... Which made me realize that the world I create, had a single haunted area, on small island with only dwarfs and automatons. :( Back to the gen board!

Thanks for the help again!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2138 on: March 06, 2012, 11:27:51 am »

Really ? 34.05 ? I cant find a proper smily to express my feelings about that, since I dont really know how what to think about it. The timing on the other hand was beautiful of course.

PS: Wood has fiber, rip fiber item takes wood as well. Feature. The free rope reed rope is of course not a feature ;) Worldgens have not been changed a lot, so they shouldnt cause more or less trouble then before. Would you guys like it if I added the vanilla DF adv. worldgen settings back in, in addition to the fancy ones ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: March 06, 2012, 11:31:25 am »

Really ? 34.05 ? I cant find a proper smily to express my feelings about that, since I dont really know how what to think about it. The timing on the other hand was beautiful of course.

PS: Wood has fiber, rip fiber item takes wood as well. Feature. The free rope reed rope is of course not a feature ;) Worldgens have not been changed a lot, so they shouldnt cause more or less trouble then before. Would you guys like it if I added the vanilla DF adv. worldgen settings back in, in addition to the fancy ones ?
It may be a feature, but is it really ok to rip 1 cloth into 3 threads, than weave 1 and rip it again, so you get 5 threads and can go infinitely.
I would really like to see update to .05 version hoping for ghost fix

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2140 on: March 06, 2012, 11:45:23 am »

Ah, overlooked the infinity loop there. I will reduce it to one thread then.

PS: Slaves should be tradegoods from drow. More or less still has to be tested, they were quite difficult to set up.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: March 06, 2012, 11:53:17 am »

For all those that have problems with the worlds, you can still do like I did:

Take "Perfect world" tool, and generate some landscapes.
Basically, after a few tries, you should be able to generate worlds of any size relatively fast and fitting your current wish.
You can set Rain, Elevation and all other basic parameters live, by simply moving a cursor and clicking some buttons.

Hope it helps those like me that didn't manage to gen a world with the civ and biomes they wanted.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: March 06, 2012, 12:08:04 pm »

meph - adding the vanilla worldgen settings back as an option would be fantastic =) that would help people (like me) who don't know that much about the world generator but might want to experiment with a few parameter tweaks in a controlled way. what are the problems with the vanilla worldgen settings, btw?

also, your building illustration manual graphics are awesome! i do notice that the philosopher's garden has the statues and blocks mixed up, but that should be a pretty trivial fix.

further, i agree with whoever said that the new font, while beautiful and cool, is too small! even zoomed in it doesn't get much bigger, and the sprites get a lot bigger, which isn't ideal. if you could bump up the default size a couple of points i think it would be perfect.

finally, i advocate a 1.6 version here in a bit because toady has made significant bugfixes in 34.05, and i would suggest a slightly slower bugfix-focused release cycle for the next release, tracking toady's changes to the extent possible. this is the best mod out there, hands down, and its becoming increasingly polished... further balancing, tweaking, manual updates, etc would really round it off, though, and give more people a chance to get into it before a new version comes out and they feel inclined to start a new fortress =D

thanks again for all your work/play on this, meph!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2143 on: March 06, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

I just checked the filechanges, and it is not too much, quite easy for me to update the mod. But I have to wait for the other utilities before I can upload anything.

Funny, I figured that I spend just a small amount of work on the actual modding, it is more like this:
20% raw modding, 20% extra content (manual, guides, worldgens) 20% updating third party programs, 20% testing and 20% forum support.

I will see about the font size, but quite frankly, the init only has the option of truetype ON, or OFF. No sizes.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: March 06, 2012, 12:25:54 pm »

Since we got gold and silver bars for blast furnace, how about copper? And iron, which is always annoyingly required for random buildings, blast furnace including. And then you can't make iron from iron ore, but have to hammer it too...
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 749