Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790565 times)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph I have an Idea, I hope you see this next you log on. Make your utility be able to output all settings and their options to a .txt file, so users can post what they use when they encounter a problem. I don't know what prog. lang. you use to write your utility but some file I/O would be great for requesting settings. If file I/O seems like too much make a message box, or a text field/box that allows for copy/paste and a button to query the settings.

The launcher is editing the raw files, so it is already doing quite a bit of File I/O. Shouldn't be hard to make that file, good idea

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I think it might be the Illithads that are causing crashes...
I put all the things I wanted in and took them out and easily genned the world...

You got my hope up. I removed illithids and still crashed during world gen.
And Warlocks???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird, Worldgen only crashes at year 7.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Good find Neyvn

Turned off Illithads and genned 15 consecutive worlds with no crash using Ironhand with all other races on. 

Turned on Illithads and off Orcs (in case it was a number of races thing) and crashed on 2nd world gen.

Turned off all races except Illithads....Crash

Turned on all races except Illithds again..... no crashes

I think this myth is busted, not sure what is happening with zener though.

allison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A mysterious happening: sauropods seem to become ethereal at random? Is this a known bug?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found another "bug"/evilness by Meph against us ASCII players

Giant Gargoyles are in stealth mode (they use creature tile 255, which is empty space)

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile

I'm not so good at modding, so I ask you guys if it's possible to gen a world without caverns? If so can somebody upload the text I need to put down in world generator.

If it's impossible, is there a way to put them far under the zlvl 0, I'm doing a megaproject and i don't want to run into cavern 10 zlvl under te surface.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just change setting in world settings - no modding needed:) You can do that - but you will be without anything from caverns - like plump helmets or pig tails.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just change setting in world settings - no modding needed:) You can do that - but you will be without anything from caverns - like plump helmets or pig tails.

I tried doing that several times, but it kept saying that it can't place any farming civilization, so I tried gening a world with only one cavern, but everyone (5 or so) was a bit messed up. Like i started on zlvl 100 it was the surface and it went down to only 70-80 zlvl with cave in between givving me only 10 or 15 levels to work with, when I need at least 30 or 40.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not simply change needed levels before first level?

in world gen init you can see
   [CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3] - number of layers
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:0]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:0]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:100]
   [HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
   [HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:15] - number of levels you want before the sky.
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:5] - number of levels you want to be WITHOUT caverns from ground and down - may vary +/-5 so put some allowances.
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1] - number of layers between cave levels 1 and 2
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1] - number of layers between cave levels 2 and 3
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1] - number before magma from 3rd
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2] - strange things with HFS.... don't tune - who know what will happen:)

I don't remember how that thing is called in the game but it should be something similar and in that order:) I think this is what you want.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:17:17 pm by Tierre »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the additions are just additions, you don't need to use them.  The only critical new workshop I can think of that you must build is the Crucible, in order to hammer coarse iron into iron.  Everything else is pretty optional and can be learned as you have time to experiment.  The new lategame invaders probably will nudge you into exploring the advanced metals and workshops though.

Ugh great, now I'm well into a new game and can't make steel with all this coarse iron? Is there any way to rig my current game to fix this?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man I tried this and it work like a dream, I LOVE YOU.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man I tried this and it work like a dream, I LOVE YOU.

LOL you're welcome:) As i am married and have a wife and kid - so Bor love is good enough with me;)

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of the additions are just additions, you don't need to use them.  The only critical new workshop I can think of that you must build is the Crucible, in order to hammer coarse iron into iron.  Everything else is pretty optional and can be learned as you have time to experiment.  The new lategame invaders probably will nudge you into exploring the advanced metals and workshops though.

Ugh great, now I'm well into a new game and can't make steel with all this coarse iron? Is there any way to rig my current game to fix this?

You need a 'c'rucible from the furnac'e' menu to hammer the coarse iron into regular iron bars. (I'm not sure about the exact recipe requirements.) From there you can do the normal iron reactions.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need a 'c'rucible from the furnac'e' menu to hammer the coarse iron into regular iron bars. (I'm not sure about the exact recipe requirements.) From there you can do the normal iron reactions.

I have coarse iron in my game and no option to build a crucible.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 749