Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789682 times)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If anyone else has this issue: you have coarse iron in your game and no way to build a crucible, here is how to fix your issue.

1. Find your DF folder. Navigate to this subdirectory with the appropriate date: \data\save\regionN-SEASON-YEAR\raw\objects
2. Open the reaction_masterwork.txt file.
3. Find the paragraph block that starts with [REACTION:HARDEN_IRON]
4. Change the two tags in this block that start with [BUILDING to this, instead:
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
5. Save file, done. Now you can hammer coarse iron into regular iron at your smelters.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've my illithids turned off as well and have successfully genned a few medium regional worlds at 250 year histories with no crashes.  Haven't tried a larger world/history yet though

Edit: and of course, after having said that I can't seem to generate a medium regional world without crashing again now :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:18:10 pm by corrosivechains »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a related note, my archpriest is demanding a welded cobalt throne, and I have no ability to make an arc thingie building, either.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turning off Ili...thingies fixed the worldgend crashes for me. Without them all pregenned worlds genned correctly as well as my own. With them on all world genned crash before year 60.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dwarven Mountainhomes did their best yet again. This is what I found when browsing the traders carts.

I can't imagine anything that could go wrong with wearing this

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, no matter what, every world I gen with all the races on ends up with there being less than 1,000 dwarves, and at least 10,000 of any type of evil race.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As much as I like the "races of man fight the good fight to the end" and Norse mythology vibe I'm getting from it, I'm trying to gen a different type of world than that, and I need more dwarves to survive through worldgen(mainly because adventure mode starting towns for dwarves are literally nothing but one square of houses and nothing else but farmland, no sewers, markets or anything else but that). I tried to make dwarves tougher by giving them slade bones, but that's just not working because this mod adds different typse of bones for each body area, and I have no clue how I'd go about with fixing it up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
can someone help me figure out how to give dwarves all slade bones? it would be very appreciated  :)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've my illithids turned off as well and have successfully genned a few medium regional worlds at 250 year histories with no crashes.  Haven't tried a larger world/history yet though

Edit: and of course, after having said that I can't seem to generate a medium regional world without crashing again now :P

Ok, so I turned illithids off. I can now generate the included worlds, glacier, Garder of Gaia, Blessed Serra, etc repeatedly without crashing. "Medium Regional" causes a crash, so does going to create a world and increasing the size at all. Making any of the included maps larger than their default sizes also result in crashes, which is why I was still crashing last night.

Edit: I've duplicated those results on the mac/linux ports as well. Without Illithids I've done tons of worldgens with no crashes under linux, mac, or windows.

I turned Illithids off and reuploaded both the Linux and Mac ports of 1.8.

They are both running stably on my machine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:58:55 pm by zenerbufen »

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile

Ok, so I turned illithids off. I can now generate the included worlds, glacier, Garder of Gaia, Blessed Serra, etc repeatedly without crashing. "Medium Regional" causes a crash, so does going to create a world and increasing the size at all. Making any of the included maps larger than their default sizes also result in crashes, which is why I was still crashing last night.

Edit: I've duplicated those results on the mac/linux ports as well. Without Illithids I've done tons of worldgens with no crashes under linux, mac, or windows.

I turned Illithids off and reuploaded both the Linux and Mac ports of 1.8.

They are both running stably on my machine.

ok my dwarf fortress is crashing when i start generating a sandbox world and i do not know what illithids are.......
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks guys. Illithids. Yep. Damn bastards. ;) It is not the creature that causes the crashes though, but the entity. Illithids were a cavern creature all along. But now I have something to work with, so the worldgen crashes will be fixed.

Unfinished Version 1.8.1 so far
 - Better Gemworkshop: All weapons made from gem
 - Better Furniture Workshop: More sets, beds made from custom materials
 - Better Storage Unit: 22 new tradegoods.
 - Better Altar of Armok: 5 new offerings, two old ones overhauled.
 - Better Javelin Caster: Now Ammo Caster with 6 new types, bolts and arrows
 - Better Craftsdwarf: Specific crafts, toys and instrument orderable, for mandates
 - Better Stonecutter & new Rockforge: More Stone stuff, all weapons can be made, minor armor as well
 - New Boneyard: Ironbone & Bloodsteel, bone furniture and crafts, flux from bonemeal
 - New Machine Factory: Build your own landmines and turrets
 - New Spawn Location: Set up gargoyles, sow treant and spitting orchid seeds, deploy landmines and turrets, or the guardian of armok.
 - New Chemist: Create blackpowder and acids for landmine and turret fillings.
 - Giant/Animal Man On/Off-Buttons in GUI

Why is this version unfinished ?
 - All balancing is untested
 - Illithid Brains still have no use
 - Alchemist and Chemist are too alike, I would love to redo them
 - Magic Overhaul is not done
 - Building Guides are horribly outdated/not done
 - Manual is horribly outdated/not done
 - Illithids crash worldgen

So, I will continue my travels tomorrow, but I dont think that I can finish and test, and do all the guides and the manual till then. Impossible. For people who want to test it, I could upload a test version however. Raws only. Anyway, I think I might be able to at least fix/clean up the version and do a df34.08 with minecarts when that is released. Till then have fun with 1.8. I will put a note at the frontpage about the illithids. I also made this thread to collect ideas.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile

Thanks guys. Illithids. Yep. Damn bastards. ;) It is not the creature that causes the crashes though, but the entity. Illithids were a cavern creature all along. But now I have something to work with, so the worldgen crashes will be fixed.

Unfinished Version 1.8.1 so far
 - Better Gemworkshop: All weapons made from gem
 - Better Furniture Workshop: More sets, beds made from custom materials
 - Better Storage Unit: 22 new tradegoods.
 - Better Altar of Armok: 5 new offerings, two old ones overhauled.
 - Better Javelin Caster: Now Ammo Caster with 6 new types, bolts and arrows
 - Better Craftsdwarf: Specific crafts, toys and instrument orderable, for mandates
 - Better Stonecutter & new Rockforge: More Stone stuff, all weapons can be made, minor armor as well
 - New Boneyard: Ironbone & Bloodsteel, bone furniture and crafts, flux from bonemeal
 - New Machine Factory: Build your own landmines and turrets
 - New Spawn Location: Set up gargoyles, sow treant and spitting orchid seeds, deploy landmines and turrets, or the guardian of armok.
 - New Chemist: Create blackpowder and acids for landmine and turret fillings.
 - Giant/Animal Man On/Off-Buttons in GUI

Why is this version unfinished ?
 - All balancing is untested
 - Illithid Brains still have no use
 - Alchemist and Chemist are too alike, I would love to redo them
 - Magic Overhaul is not done
 - Building Guides are horribly outdated/not done
 - Manual is horribly outdated/not done
 - Illithids crash worldgen

So, I will continue my travels tomorrow, but I dont think that I can finish and test, and do all the guides and the manual till then. Impossible. For people who want to test it, I could upload a test version however. Raws only. Anyway, I think I might be able to at least fix/clean up the version and do a df34.08 with minecarts when that is released. Till then have fun with 1.8. I will put a note at the frontpage about the illithids. I also made this thread to collect ideas.
Thanks for the update :)
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.8 - Mac & Linux Update
« Reply #4030 on: May 08, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »

masterwork settings crashes when i change the arena now i cant get the masterwork arena....

[edit] actualy it lags way to much
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:01 pm »

No Adamantine? What gives?

I have used reveal, and where this is normally adamantine, instead I get pillars of "Fire Gem"

Any help on correcting this?

Loqueis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:53 am »

What is it that causes fever? My entire fort has been sitting in the hospital for about a year now, meanwhile children are going insane from no clothes production.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:12 am »

fever prolly is caused by one of the new plagues. my recent fort just got smashed by (i think one) as well. Had a lot of combat reports pop up with "The butcher feels stronger, but somehow angry" for several dwarves (including both of my axe lords that were trained up since the beginning of the fort...) and they started fighting against all other dwarves as well as the war dogs. Needless to say, the Axe lords made short process of any fighting...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:14:20 am by Riun »

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 09, 2012, 08:45:47 am »

My entire fortress appears to be asleep, and looking at the reports, each one has a combat message saying "X looks dead tired wanting to sleep and never wake up!"  Is this permanent?  Is it a Masterwork feature?  thanks for any info.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 749