Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790175 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

this is great! but there's just one big problem...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You want buffs? You can't handle the buffs :P
but seriously, do you want them to be stronger then Frost Giants (unless meph nerf'd them, I remember FGs being super powered)

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but seriously, do you want them to be stronger then Frost Giants (unless meph nerf'd them, I remember FGs being super powered)
I was messing around in arena, and I noticed that you can easily punch their hands off. same goes for their torso. for some reason, they're very easily bifurcated. :-\

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SPAWN OF HOLLSITIC ARE IN THE MOD NOW?

WHY WONT YOU DOWNLOAD YET!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I was messing around in arena, and I noticed that you can easily punch their hands off. same goes for their torso. for some reason, they're very easily bifurcated. :-\
Hmm... easy fix(es) could be:
1. make all tissues thicker (requires more damaged and repeated hits to get through)
2. make them out of stronger materials
3. more natural skills/speed (ok maybe not speed, from what a read in spearbreakers that is some nightmare fuel D: )
4. 1, 2, and 3 :P

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SoH are mortal enemies of dwarves, they need to be tough enough that you need candy just to bruise them. >.>
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod needs a Weapons and Armor guide to go along with the others.

I keep getting these strange weapons coming to my forts and I have no idea what sort of hurt they can inflict on invaders.

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

did you look in the manuel? i think they were just fancy versions of the standard armors.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or has 1.8.1 messed up ASCII rocks again?

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I found a bug..

Saurapods seem to move at the speed of light.

edit: They also seem to be ghost creatures, because everybodies attack is just passing straight through them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:18:00 am by Weaselcake »

BCrowe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Has anyone been using Golems much? I made a couple in 1.8 and they still flee from enemies. I also can't assign them to a squad or as a militia captain through the Nobles screen. If I first create a squad of dwarfs and then restrict the Golem Forge to only be used by that squad, the create golem order never gets carried out.

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The golems-to-be have to be Militia captains before the transformation.  Then you can order them around just fine.   That, unfortunately, means you need a squad of 1 for each golem.    As you've seen, once they turn you can't do much with them unless they're a noble.

They do make decent guard dogs though if you tie them up somewhere.

Borshch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone here,I`m new to this mod,but I was playing DF long before.I think this mod is awesome but after switching to this FUN have visited me very often.What I have to do?
And I`ve got a problem with kennel(I can`t train animals) so I used only 4 war dogs.Where I can find a Guild Hall?I think it`ll help my Swordsdwarves learn a little faster and they will not waste swords of armok)

Patch 1.7:
- removed guildhall and guildhall button

Also, animal training was changed in latest version of DF:
Before 0.34.06, the taming and training of large animals, such as dogs, was also done at a kennel, but now these tasks are performed at an animal training zone.
Now kennels are used just for small (vermin) animals?
Thanks,but where I can find animal training zone?And a question of the day:someone tried creating a squad of necromancers?How well do they work in 1.8.1?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

anyone else getting the reaction "leave <armor/weapon> with with the ancestors" on the still? 1 of my copper picks menaces with spikes of slade..

btw living rock is available at embark for 3 and you get 5 pieces of meat off one
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello everyone here,I`m new to this mod,but I was playing DF long before.I think this mod is awesome but after switching to this FUN have visited me very often.What I have to do?
And I`ve got a problem with kennel(I can`t train animals) so I used only 4 war dogs.Where I can find a Guild Hall?I think it`ll help my Swordsdwarves learn a little faster and they will not waste swords of armok)

Patch 1.7:
- removed guildhall and guildhall button

Also, animal training was changed in latest version of DF:
Before 0.34.06, the taming and training of large animals, such as dogs, was also done at a kennel, but now these tasks are performed at an animal training zone.
Now kennels are used just for small (vermin) animals?
Thanks,but where I can find animal training zone?And a question of the day:someone tried creating a squad of necromancers?How well do they work in 1.8.1?

Making a animal training zone is similar to making a pasture or a dump.  {i} for zones then the animal training option, then {t} for training

edit: *chuckles* didnt realize i'd italicized instead of showing an i button, and added the button for training zones.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:15:49 pm by corrosivechains »

Draevos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The golems-to-be have to be Militia captains before the transformation.  Then you can order them around just fine.   That, unfortunately, means you need a squad of 1 for each golem.    As you've seen, once they turn you can't do much with them unless they're a noble.

They do make decent guard dogs though if you tie them up somewhere.

I got an iron hammer golem and a copper sword golem from two migrant waves, since they apparently have a chance to bring them. I was happy  :D. I stationed one at the entrance to my fortress and he beats the hell out of any thieves or snatchers that try to get in. Warlock fire doesn't do much to him, either.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 749