Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789617 times)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

anyone else getting the reaction "leave <armor/weapon> with with the ancestors" on the still? 1 of my copper picks menaces with spikes of slade..

btw living rock is available at embark for 3 and you get 5 pieces of meat off one
Yes, I think Meph used the still to test the reaction and then forgot to remove the token from the raws.

To fix this open the reaction_masterwork.txt and replace all the lines
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:MOUNTAIN:CUSTOM_W][BUILDING:STILL:NONE]with this
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:MOUNTAIN:CUSTOM_W]

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have genned around 20 worlds and still have to got one, where antman civ survives (or any other underground civ other than gremlins).
Any idea how to solve that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Fixed reactions_masterwork.txt This removed the "leave item with ancestor" from the still, which is of course a relic from testing. Should only be in the Hall of the Mountainking.  This is save-compatible

I also uploaded a fixed version. Didnt chance the version number, since it is only this one thing...

Spawn of the Hollistic are an easter egg, and in the mod since a long, long time. Although maybe they should be one of the underground civs ? Not everyone would understand the joke, but they are better then generic batmen/troglodytes. The gremlins and antmen I like and will keep.

Any worldgen-crashes with illithids turned on ? This greatly interests me.

Ironbone = Iron. Bloodsteel = Steel. Same values, just flavor for evil players. If you dont like it, dont buy/make it, and it will never clog up your building mats. I hope the 2 options at the forge are excuseable.

This mod needs a Weapons and Armor guide to go along with the others.
It has one, in the manual, I did never do a graphical one, because the icons for all weapons are the same, same goes for armor. It would look stupid. I am still considering making a spreadsheet though, since people usually dont read to big bad manual too often. ;)

Golem can be made a militia commander even after they have been made a golem, and you can put them in the military that way. The golems from migrants/caravans are copper/iron only and act like pets, you should wartrain them.

@remadan: It is impossible to remove toys and instruments, tools and the like from entities. If they have no valid entry, they produce random ones. Most custom named items are just flavor, and have the same stats as the normal ones. I will consider it.

All the rest has been noted down.

PS: Had a really, really great day today. A: Good hostel with free breakfast. B: Museum of Anthropology in Xalapa, one of the best museums of mexiko. C: Free Wifi and D... D... (must-supress-want-for-all-caps) they have a cinema here showing The Avangers in english. I am currently sitting in a little cafe next to it, waiting for that start of the movie, 1h20min to go. Also, just slightly unrelated: Brownscoats assemble, I just got to know the name of the director about 2 weeks ago. Wow. Now waiting for firefly cameos as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Happy for ya. (suppressing caps urge as well)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile

I think I found something strange:

While my hyper-strong militia comander was out,on the border of the map, a group of sauropods appeared just on front of him. He attacked one, it was propelled by the force of the attack and blew apart.

Me:
Is this a bug, or this is DF?
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed reactions_masterwork.txt This removed the "leave item with ancestor" from the still, which is of course a relic from testing. Should only be in the Hall of the Mountainking.  This is save-compatible

I also uploaded a fixed version. Didnt chance the version number, since it is only this one thing...

Spawn of the Hollistic are an easter egg, and in the mod since a long, long time. Although maybe they should be one of the underground civs ? Not everyone would understand the joke, but they are better then generic batmen/troglodytes. The gremlins and antmen I like and will keep.

Any worldgen-crashes with illithids turned on ? This greatly interests me.

Ironbone = Iron. Bloodsteel = Steel. Same values, just flavor for evil players. If you dont like it, dont buy/make it, and it will never clog up your building mats. I hope the 2 options at the forge are excuseable.

This mod needs a Weapons and Armor guide to go along with the others.
It has one, in the manual, I did never do a graphical one, because the icons for all weapons are the same, same goes for armor. It would look stupid. I am still considering making a spreadsheet though, since people usually dont read to big bad manual too often. ;)

Golem can be made a militia commander even after they have been made a golem, and you can put them in the military that way. The golems from migrants/caravans are copper/iron only and act like pets, you should wartrain them.

@remadan: It is impossible to remove toys and instruments, tools and the like from entities. If they have no valid entry, they produce random ones. Most custom named items are just flavor, and have the same stats as the normal ones. I will consider it.

All the rest has been noted down.

PS: Had a really, really great day today. A: Good hostel with free breakfast. B: Museum of Anthropology in Xalapa, one of the best museums of mexiko. C: Free Wifi and D... D... (must-supress-want-for-all-caps) they have a cinema here showing The Avangers in english. I am currently sitting in a little cafe next to it, waiting for that start of the movie, 1h20min to go. Also, just slightly unrelated: Brownscoats assemble, I just got to know the name of the director about 2 weeks ago. Wow. Now waiting for firefly cameos as well.

I have been getting crashes with medium region worldgens with any history extending longer than 350 years.  This is with illithids and warlocks off though.

errorlog:

has that repeatedly, with varying numbers on the Impoverished Word Selector.  The crashes don't seem to happen during the history generation part any longer though, only immediately after the Finalizing phase, right before it hits the screen where you can accept, abort, and export image/info.

Edit: not sure if that's what is causing the crashes though in all honesty, seems like those are just rejection dumps.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:56:21 pm by corrosivechains »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I found something strange:

While my hyper-strong militia comander was out,on the border of the map, a group of sauropods appeared just on front of him. He attacked one, it was propelled by the force of the attack and blew apart.

Me:
Is this a bug, or this is DF?
See bolded word...
Welcome to DF...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Ancient Vampires don't survive very long......

In the arena they seem to randomly bleed to death......I would guess that is because its blood was boiling in its veins because of how you set its temperature range.....

So when I Fixed this by Removing All Temperatures in its profiles it still died early....

Because it inevitably it turned a Master Vampire, which then proceeded to destroy its Sire.....

Maybe Turning into a Master Vampire should Reset it to serve the Sire?

Cause I kinda want a Ancient Vampire to live longer than 50 years..
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

reilwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,

One issue I think which may have been overlooked (or maybe it's completely intentional! I'm asking now) is that while dwarves can now craft practically every weapon, many of these aren't actually useable since they use the same minium size requirements as vanilla. See the weapon size section of the weapon article on the wiki which states that all dwarves vary in size and all weapons require a minimum size to equip at all (two-handed) or one-handed. Effectively, it means that for certain weapons like pikes, mauls and halberds, the great majority of most dwarves cannot even equip them.

If this is intentional, that's fine by me. A little note in the manual about that would be nice though, that although all weapons can be crafted not all of them are effectively useable.

Remadan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

@remadan: It is impossible to remove toys and instruments, tools and the like from entities. If they have no valid entry, they produce random ones.
No need to remove them entirely. Just one generic name for each - "iron toys", "copper instruments", etc. Already doing it myself every new version.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wards outfitted against feverish rage produce a combat log showing how they immunize against their plague. would be great if wards outfitted against the fever plague (black death?plague? confusing names) would do the same.

Furthermore, how far will the apothecarius reach wards? how far reach wards with their immunization?

edit: wards outfitted against rage transform into "Rage wards". this doesnt work with the plague, can it be that this is bugged? this might be the cause for me not being able to cure this fever..

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got into my second year in my test fort. For some reason, I'm getting an inordinate amount of dwarven children migrants (had about 25 milling about my meeting hall at one point after 3 waves). This is strange mostly because I had my child cap at 5:1000 and a total pop cap at 60 (currently I'm at 84 as of the last migrant wave). It's not truly a problem yet and my fortress is absorbing the boom well enough, but its left me slightly confused.

I'm not sure if its just a quirk of my world as I doubt that Masterwork did anything to affect migration like that. Any thoughts?

As a side note, why do bullet turrets only fire out copper? Why not brass or lead? Balancing issues?

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the child cap does not affect migrants.
And pop cap may be bugged, but migrants will always put you a little over your pop cap.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I was looking at an old file regarding the stainless steel, Meph, ignore that.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile

What do i do to make a creature a wanderer option in adventure mode? adventure_tier:6 dosent seem to work
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 749