Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790820 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2012, 01:38:48 am »

I swear i have a bug to report, but i keep fucking forgetting it every time i open the page.

anyways, ill let you know of any i find. (and i mean ANY not just major ones.)

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2012, 02:18:24 am »

This is the save:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13159535/crashcave.zip

I counted 40 seconds till it crashed when I tested it again just now.  Also, don't mind the weird stairs and stuff, I had issues getting my dwarves to dig where I wanted for some reason.  Probably cuz of the cave creatures constantly mauling them.

Dunno.. this is my 3rd masterwork fort, and the 3rd that ended up in this crash loop.. kinda discouraging, but I really want to play this embark!  It would have been perfect for me, at least if the ocean didn't freeze in winter >.>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 02:20:21 am by nukularpower »

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2012, 10:16:14 pm »

I'm guessing this is no, but can I update the raws from version... err how do I find which masterwork version i've got? (its the one with version 1.3 settings utility) to version 9 without anything major breaking?
I've got a pretty good fort going here now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:07 pm »

Just posting to say that I read, but have no time to do anything right now.

@se5a: Keep playing the old one then, if you enjoy it. No sense in starting a new one, just because it might have more features. Play the one you have to its end, the dwarvish way. :)

@nukularpower: I will check it out, but I am not on my PC right now, so it has to wait.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 26, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »

spoke too soon - looks like I've got hydrolic fluid infection going round.

I have wells... but they don't seem to be cleaning themselfs right away when they get stuff on them.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 26, 2012, 01:48:33 pm »

Just curious, how high is the siege rate for undead? I've got hordes of mooses, zombies, and even moose-riding zombies knocking at my front gate!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 26, 2012, 03:45:00 pm »

Ohh I have an idea for a bugfix/workaround!

since dwarfs often won't rest an injury to get it treated, (they don't seem to do it at all for syndromes) can we make a 'Clinic' building that would superficially wound them in some way? - something a little safer and easier than a cave-in.
to use it you'd restrict the building to the dwarf that's ailing, then create a job.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 26, 2012, 04:45:46 pm »

Oh, and if you've not already fixed it: frost giants come in the middle of winter, everything is frozen over, but the frost giants start melting right away.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #533 on: January 26, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »

Meltings Giants are fixed, the hydr. fluid is fixed... and you cant set a siege rate, how many come depents on your fortress... I can only set the time they start, and what season they might come.

So, yeah, everything you mentioned is fixed in the new version :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »

huh, ok well thank anyways, I managed to defeat the undead hordes at the cost of one brave militia commander and the flooding of my second hall (including the forges :O )

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:13 am »

Umm...

First of all, you can't build ammunition mint. I guess there's no free space for the dwarf to be, so it cancels with "creature occupying site"... the files also say there's a magma gunsmith forge and ammunition mint, but I cannot for the life of me find them.

I changed it to use the gunsmith forge's tiles, and... it doesn't need any bars to make large gunstones. Just coke.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:06:20 am by Teh Zip File »

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 28, 2012, 03:50:19 am »

Meltings Giants are fixed, the hydr. fluid is fixed... and you cant set a siege rate, how many come depents on your fortress... I can only set the time they start, and what season they might come.

So, yeah, everything you mentioned is fixed in the new version :)

By fixing hydraulic fluid do you mean making it less like a deadly biohazard? Lol. I recently lost a whole fortress due to a leaky acid turret. One of my migrants brought one with him and it died to a swarm of ant men in a narrow hallway. Before I could contain the situation someone washed the fluid off in my only well and puddles of the stuff were everywhere. (plus swarms of dwarves were busily recovering ant armor amidst a sea of hydraulic fluid) Long story short my entire fort, at least those without shoes, suffocated to death presumably from lung paralysis. :P Funny but annoying! As a quick fix could I just edit the syndrome aspect of the fluid out of the raws?

Great mod all around though! I love how modular it is.

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 28, 2012, 10:39:16 am »

Hi

I made this account specificly to post this, as this mod really got me pumped up to play a new fort and then when I finally had the time to start I found out the hard way that my preferred texture pack, Ironhand, isn't supported by the default loader.

Is there a way I can fix this manually or do I need to wait for you to put it [back] in?

I've tried copying the Ironhand 0.6 map in the map that contained all the other graphic packs but to no avail..

hope this can be fixed; can't wait to give this collection of goodies a spin!

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 28, 2012, 04:03:54 pm »

I'm holding off on creating a new fort since the new version of DF is just about out.

I might dig into the raws of my current fortress and go back to an old save though...
(three main annoyences at this point are the hydr. fluid, the near unbeetable zombies, and the creepers which kill my elite marksdawrfs who decide to only carry 5 bolts then go hit the things with thier crossbows.

which files do i find these things in? I'll probibly just copy what you've done in the later versions for these three annoying fortress killing problems.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2012, 12:51:00 am »

I'd Have to agree with Se5a that zombies are OP man, It took a bronze golem more than a year to kill ONE, and two turrets (fire and web albeit) couldn't kill another at all. Could we have easier zombles? or maybe an option for their difficulty? Also: freakin' moose(s)(?) can you get something more terrifying? or ridiculous like giant skeletal basilisks? (Other than that epic mod!)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 749