Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790531 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #540 on: January 29, 2012, 04:12:45 am »

Can you include a download link that doesn't have: DF Hack, Soundsense, Dwarf Therapist, DF Fusion, Stonesense? Even the GUI? I already have all of them and I doubt I'll ever use the GUI. I don't want to redownload them again since I'm trying to limit my internet download limit.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:08 am »

Ok when I try to use any DFhack tools out of the GUI it doesn't work at all, it just says couldn't find process. Whats up with that?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 29, 2012, 11:51:56 am »

Ok when I try to use any DFhack tools out of the GUI it doesn't work at all, it just says couldn't find process. Whats up with that?

what OS are you using? im supposing you mean the window that pops up in 0.9, but correct me if your still in 0.8

with the 0.9 version, check your typing, the submenus use 1-9 not the words printed next to the number.
if your using 0.8, it didn't work for me either, update.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 29, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »

im still in 0.8 so when I bore of my fortress I'll update (that kinda blows)

EDIT: is 0.9, 0.8 savegame compatible?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:32:19 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 29, 2012, 02:04:10 pm »

im still in 0.8 so when I bore of my fortress I'll update (that kinda blows)

EDIT: is 0.9, 0.8 savegame compatible?

youll have to wait for a response from meph for a true confirmation, but you may as well try it. not like you cant copypaste a backup.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 29, 2012, 02:34:35 pm »

Probably not save compatible.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 29, 2012, 03:19:28 pm »

was just wondering if the dwarves personalities were changed, as I had just downloaded the .9 version and started a fort, when I embarked my craftsmen suddenly began tantruming and killed two cats and another craftsmen.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:00 pm »

a quick suggestion:
in the settings.exe, could you make the tooltip show the state of an option?
sometimes with different OS setting, part of the script of some buttons just doesn't show, especially the ON/OFF part. It has been very frustrating.

or simply make the button wider please.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #548 on: January 29, 2012, 04:44:25 pm »

Hey guys, not much time right now, but:

The guns are all broken in the current release. I copied it from a gunmod, with the consent of the owner, but it seems that everything is a bit wrong. I fixed all of those already, and added a bayonet option. Anyway, I have done a ton of work, archeology is set up, a solution for people who like to built with colorful stone.. and more. I will try to upload everything shortly. I am in an internetcafe, waiting for the bus, so maybe this evening, or tomorrow evening...  I fixed and rebalanced a total of 35 bugs, found all of them in my testfort :)

And no, 0.8 to 0.9 is not safe compatible.

About the zombies: You have to cut of the head. No arrows, no hammers, no golem, no mines, all that wont work. But really, if you dont like them, just turn them off, it is just one click in the GUI ;)

About the hydraulic fuild: All it does is paralyze for 5 secs. BUT in V.0.9 dwarves should be immune to it. :) If it continues to be a harrasment, I can take it out, it is not an important feature.

About creepers: Are nerfed, as in:weaker in the new version V.0.9 And again, you can just turn them off if you like. ;)

See you later then, have fun :)

@lamphare: not possible in the tooltip, but what do you mean with OS settings ? Using a bigger font type I guess ? I know that ON OFF is cut of, if the text is too long, but here in Standart-Windows everything is shown. Which one are too long/dont show in your version ?

EDIT: BTW: The next version has WAGONS :) Traders bring wagons again, thanks to quietust and narhiril :)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 29, 2012, 04:49:00 pm »

But wagons don't work, like at all >_>

Unless, of course, you mean weird wooden creatures NAMED wagons.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 29, 2012, 05:41:49 pm »

Hey guys, not much time right now, but:

And no, 0.8 to 0.9 is not safe compatible.
as I expected, but I should be able to tweek the specific raws for the most annoying problems

About the zombies: You have to cut of the head. No arrows, no hammers, no golem, no mines, all that wont work. But really, if you dont like them, just turn them off, it is just one click in the GUI ;)

About the hydraulic fuild: All it does is paralyze for 5 secs. BUT in V.0.9 dwarves should be immune to it. :) If it continues to be a harrasment, I can take it out, it is not an important feature.

paralyse for 5 sec? but if they have fluid ON them, what then? they keep getting paralysed for 5 seconds repeatedly? (that's what seems to be happening, then they suffocate)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »

just wanted to let you knwo you have some typos in our OP.  Such as "standart" isntead of standard, as well as frost gaints instead of frost giants
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2012, 06:07:18 pm »

But wagons don't work, like at all >_>

Unless, of course, you mean weird wooden creatures NAMED wagons.

From here:
Spoiler: Behold, the wagons! (click to show/hide)

It's a hex edit, I think, same sort of things as fixing crystal glass and the [MAGMA_BUILD_SAFE] token.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »

Tad confused as to how these turrets work. I chained them up behind fortifications, but made sure they still had a path to an enemy, and they just don't seem to be firing. I tried making them into war turrets or something, but they aren't trainable.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »

I don't think creatures use material breath attacks through fortifications.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 749