Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1775989 times)

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #555 on: January 29, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »

That could be the problem then. No worries, only requires a slight layout change.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2012, 07:52:35 pm »

I don't meant to repost but...

Can you include a download link that doesn't have: DF Hack, Soundsense, Dwarf Therapist, DF Fusion, Stonesense? Even the GUI? I already have all of them and I doubt I'll ever use the GUI. I don't want to redownload them again since I'm trying to limit my internet download limit.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

That could be the problem then. No worries, only requires a slight layout change.

I think they do... are you making sure that the turrets HAVE to be next to the fortifications? like a 1 wide hallway?

also i think the fact that chains seem to work by 'mind control' and not physical restraint is due to the pathing limitations on animals with ranged attacks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2012, 08:20:50 pm »

Ok, got Internet again. This will be a huge post, but stay with me.

@putman: It is a hexedit change in the exe. Following things are fixed: Crystal glass, wagons, magmasafe(was formerly only firesafe) and material size (as in: statues need 3 bars and so on)

@se5a: Ah... yes, that might be it, they get constantly paralyzed for 5 secs. I thought the syndrome would only affect them once for each time they are exposed to it. I WILL change it.

@ifeno: Thanks, will be fixed. Edit: Is fixed.

@gearheart: I actually never chain them, since they dont move much anyway. I will do more testing, although I usually test in the arena. I will try in fortress mode with chains. :)

@prologue: GUI is less then one mb, but I can leave out the utilities. BUT the GUI might produce error messages, if you want to open the utilities through it. I would remove the PDFs as well, since all info is in the manual now :) I try to upload it and will send you a PM when I am done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW CHANGES:

Cave Fireflies.
Small yellow vermin that you can see even in the dark. (what i mean with this: If you scroll down and see only black, unrevealed stone, it is solid. If you scroll down, and so only black, unrevealed stone WITH little yellow fireflies, then you look at open space. As in: HERE IS A CAVERN) This is a indicator for players to find or avoid caverns more easily.
Here a picture. They move a lot, so they blink. They shouldnt affect FPS, since as vermin they have no pathfinding. If I am wrong, I will make them optional.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Complete building overhaul.
15 old buildings out, 5 new buildings in. I hope you like it, it should make a lot of things a lot easier. I removed no reactions, even added a few. Here the new building guide, with every change:
Here the proposed research lab (working title) To use the special item drops of megabeasts and demons.

Fixed bugs and inbalances.
30 bugs fixed.
Among the major ones: Traders bring wagons. Ammunition mint can now be built. Fortress Defense races can use the bigger weapons now.

Reworked guns.
Rebalanced fighting skills and made it easier to produce guns, ammo and gunpowder. Fixed every bug in the old reactions, added bayonets.
Musket:slow:strong:uses bullets:uses crossbow skill for ranged, uses spear skill for melee
Rifle:fast:strong:uses bullets:uses crossbow skill for ranged, uses spear skill for melee
Flintlock:slow:weak:uses small bullets:uses crossbow skill for ranged, uses dagger skill for melee
Pistols:fast:weak:uses small bullets:uses crossbow skill for ranged, uses dagger skill for melee

Pistols and flintlock pistol can be worn together with shields. All guns can be equiped with bayonets.

New Race: Automatons.
Yep, relentless terminator-like killing machines. Seriously, these guys should be tough, so take care. Are armed with the new guns. Have cs gas as blood and die in a bright flash of light, rendering nearby dwarves unconsious.

Throwing weapons.
Dagger, Axes and Hammers. They use the fitting weapon skill, so even your melee squads might enjoy a bit of ranged combat before they go into the brawl. Just think of roman soldiers, having 3 spears for the first attack, and then using the sword. Same idea here.

Bricks.
For people who like to build constructions in color. The brick oven creates up to 8 different kinds. See picture:

Archeogical System.
Adds 15 types of fossils, some with unique properties. Was great fun setting his up. The point I like most: Old collapsed walls, with deadly traps or treasure chests inside. Also Trex skulls, shark jaws and rusted weapon/armor/ammo bundles, hidden by adventurers long ago.

See picture:

FUll changelog (very long):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None of the above mentioned things is uploaded yet, I want to do the optional new metals and alloys before the next upload. But I finished three of the items from the poll.

I cant get around a working system for different embark races. It is a giant clusterf*ck, because many settings only target the dwarf race. If anyone wants to help, he/she would be very welcome.

Also another stupid idea for the megabeast item drops: An item that can be used to instantly make a dwarf legendary in one skill. I already have the reaction here, it works. :) Just dont have the lore and the best setup for it. You guys think this is a good reward for beast hunting ? One skill maxed out ? I thought it is something different and more interesting, then just items or materials.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:05:19 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

Wow this mod just keeps getting more badass...

now i can dump EVEN MORE stone crafts off on traders!!!

[useless_sentence]also: i find time zone differences funny. im posting this one hour from now apparently. [\useless_sentence]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:49:17 pm by bombzero »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #560 on: January 29, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »

Most of the new stuff is not aviable through trading, only by producing or finding it yourself.

I also made all constructs and warbeasts cheaper, 50%. More difficult enemies = more easily aquired allies ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 29, 2012, 09:26:53 pm »

I was implying about the wagons, that is if they grant their old carrying weight restrictions.

see i usually have 8 metal workers, 4 of them furnace operators and 1 of each other metalworking job.
then i usually have about 40 masons making bins and stone crafts on repeat to clean up some stones...

so umm, are you currently uploading it or something? i know you have bad internet where you are so im just gonna assume so..

EDIT: and in response to the last poll option, i find it is all of those and none, why? the settings, i can make your mod however i feel like playing it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:29:16 pm by bombzero »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #562 on: January 29, 2012, 09:33:07 pm »

I am not uploading this yet. I first want to see what people think of the proposed changes, and finish the research lab (or however it will be called in the end, the buildings for megabeast/demon items) and the new metals/alloys.

When this is done I make an update. I am also curious about the new DF version, if it really is just a short time, than I might wait for it. Make a compatible version with the new DF and upload it then.

EDIT: Another thing I will add is a new reaction for the wheelbarrow. For bodyparts. That is about the only item lying around en mass, at least in my testfort. Would collect 10 bodyparts, put it in the wheelbarrow, and move it to the unloading station, preferably next to the crematory. (or make the crematory the unloading station ^^)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:40:27 pm by Meph »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 29, 2012, 09:35:55 pm »

Agh, I have enough work updating my troll mod to the next version of DF without having to update it to the next version of this, too! :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 29, 2012, 09:48:41 pm »

by the way, tasty drinks were being stuck in my seed only stockpile, instead of my everything but seeds stockpile. weird.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 29, 2012, 11:07:05 pm »

EDIT: Another thing I will add is a new reaction for the wheelbarrow. For bodyparts. That is about the only item lying around en mass, at least in my testfort. Would collect 10 bodyparts, put it in the wheelbarrow, and move it to the unloading station, preferably next to the crematory. (or make the crematory the unloading station ^^)

food and drink might be good too. (for getting food down to the deep magma factory dwarfs dining rooms/stockpiles)

and maybe bars...

Ah... yes, that might be it, they get constantly paralyzed for 5 secs. I thought the syndrome would only affect them once for each time they are exposed to it. I WILL change it.
cool hydr fluid adds a bit of fun to the game, except when it turns into *FUN*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2012, 01:16:25 am »

Food and drink wont work, because of stack size and quality modifiers. I can only take single items, that are not crafted. As in: cant be superior, masterwork, fine crafted... and so on.

Rought metal ideas:
New building: Arc Furnace and *Magma Arc Furnace

WEAPON-ARMOR-GRADE
Damast steel - same as steel
uses ore of iron (6) for one bar
no flux needed
needs magma
smelts to bars
(an alternate way of steel production)

Mithril - super light, bit weaker then steel
Small clusters, deep in the earth.
Smelt to bars

Coarse Slade - super heavy, bit weaker then steel.
Veins and small clusters, only inside of slade. You might find an entry point through it.
Enviroment spec stone:slade
Smelt to slade bars

Titanium - light and valuable, better then steel.
take existing titanium bearing stones
Grind to powder
Smelt powder to bars

Wolfram - heavy and durable, better then steel.
take existing wolfram bearing stones
Grind to powder
Smelt powder to bars

Cobalt - medium, between bronze and iron
take existing cobalite stone
Ore of cobalt
Smelt to bars

NON-WEAPON-ARMOR-GRADE
Chrome - valuable
take existing chromite
ore of chrome (3)
smelt to bars

ALLOYS
diluted adamantine
less valuable then adamantine
slightly worse in armor/weapons
Needs: 1 adamantine bar
Produces: 3 diluted adamantine bars (maybe just two ?)

stainless steel
morevaluable then steel
slightly better in armor/weapons
Needs: 1 steel bar, 1 chrome bar
Prodcues: 2 stainless steel bars (maybe just one ?)

mirror platinum
More valuable then platinum
Needs: 1 platinum bar, 1 chrome bar
Produces: 2 mirror platinum bars (maybe just one ?)

rose gold(new)
More valuable then gold
slightly better in armor/weapon
Needs: 1 gold bar, 1 copper bar
Prodcues: 2 rose gold bars (maybe just one ?)

sterling silver
more valuable then silver
Needs: 1 silver bar, 1 copper bar
Produces: 2 sterling silver bars (maybe just one ?)

white bronze
more valuable then bronze
Needs: 1 bronze bar, 1 copper bar
Prodcues 2 white bronze bars (maybe just one ?)

EDIT: My new TODO list. Quite long and will take a while. If anything is missing, or you have another idea to add, feel free.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:05:32 am by Meph »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2012, 01:24:55 am »

Once again, I take the opportunity to post this and say "take anything you want from it".

Darunija

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2012, 06:59:29 am »

I really enjoy the amount of options in your GUI and look forward to your new release. Keep up the good work!

Maybe you should some more stuff to your manuell like how to use wheelbarrows and shrines for casual players.
And may be a bug: While trying to forge greaves or trousers I needed 300 bars of copper to do so - might be problem.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:12 am »

Added Automatons. Late attacking evil race, metal men with ranged weapons. come in spring or summer.
Added cs gas as blood to Automaton
Added explosion to Automaton death, everyone nearby will be unconsciouss.
Added rockettube and rockets for automatons. No AOE, but powerful ranged blunt hit.

Are these guys able to be turned off?  Sound interesting but I'm not a fan of the tech-themed stuff, Robomen with bazookas don't really fit with the theme of DF imo.

Otherwise, changes look good!   I really like the archaeology stuff.  From the screenshot, it looks like treasure chests appear as gems that you mine as normal.  Is it possible to make them spawn in caverns?  Particularly in open places or in certain layers?  It would be great to actually have a reason to explore them but not sure if that's actually possible. 

Here's hoping that stupid crash I keep getting goes away!  Also just to note that wolfram would be tungsten when smelted, as in LFR ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:04:03 pm by nukularpower »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 749