Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776206 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.9 - MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »

My response to the poll:  I'd like for the mod to be more modular. I really like to mix and match mods for whatever mood I'm in.  I think it's awesome that you've inspired Deon to add a modloader to the Genesis mod too. :D

More engravings/plants would be nice too. 

Thanks so much for the mod!
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

@ghills: 120 new plants, 120 new trees, and 75 new engravings are not enough ? :P

Modular: If you mean that this mod should be compatible to other mods, I have to disappoint you. It is far to big for that. BUT I can add components of other mods into this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First testing is good. NO errorlog, and this is the dfhack prospect. Looks like I want it, the only new metal not on this map is slade and wolfram. Ilmenite is the stone that bears titanium. Might rename it.

Fossils look good as well, all there. The only curious thing is the amount of shark jaws. They have the same occurence numbers as trex skulls, but there is an immense difference in the total amount of them. weird.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:39:14 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »

is the variance possibly due to the fact that shark jaws can produce random amounts of something? just a thought in relation due to occurrence of 'pure' ores of copper versus mixed ores.

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2012, 10:17:20 pm »

I actually took air men out. I couldnt figure out why they are so pre-dominant, so I killed the entire race ;)
Good! Still raging over my lost fortress, was doing pretty well.

Also, I don't know if you know this (using .9), but the Magma Safe Workshop's products still list as "Unknown Material". Also, I noticed that my dwarves don't even use any rock to construct it at all. Maybe they make them from beard hair?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:46:55 pm by Mister Dirks »
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #589 on: February 01, 2012, 12:28:29 am »

A little teaser preview. I tried, and cant find many bugs. The metal reactions are (almost) done, the temple does not kill, when set on "repeat" and the research lab reactions are (almost) done. Thats it. These are some of the finished features so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone got a good name idea for the "Creature Research Lab" ? It is run by alchemists, who have the profession name: Sciencedwarves, it uses items dropped by semit/megabeasts to make one combat skill instantly to Legendary. The item is called Essence (if you have a better idea, go for it) and the reaction is called: Make a "combat skill here" legend.

Hope you like it so far.

EDIT: Reserach lab reactions are done, tested and work. Metals are done, tested and work. :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:52:53 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 01, 2012, 02:59:02 am »

I have a quick question - What skill does Gunsmithing / Ammo Minting use?
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:20 am »

Call it a "trophy transmuter" or something. BTW, thank you for the code, I will look into that :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 01, 2012, 10:11:58 am »

A little teaser preview. I tried, and cant find many bugs. The metal reactions are (almost) done, the temple does not kill, when set on "repeat" and the research lab reactions are (almost) done. Thats it. These are some of the finished features so far.

Anyone got a good name idea for the "Creature Research Lab" ? It is run by alchemists, who have the profession name: Sciencedwarves, it uses items dropped by semit/megabeasts to make one combat skill instantly to Legendary. The item is called Essence (if you have a better idea, go for it) and the reaction is called: Make a "combat skill here" legend.

Hope you like it so far.

EDIT: Reserach lab reactions are done, tested and work. Metals are done, tested and work. :)

Two questions for you, Meph.

1) Do you mind if I write my own version of the potted plant for LFR?  (credit given, of course)

2) How exactly does the "creature research lab" work?  I tried to do a similar thing once by having a reaction produce a large number of stones which would harmlessly vaporize on creation, but this ended up causing crashes.  Also, if we're throwing out names, "altar of vanquishing" seems appropriate, though you might be looking for a more science-oriented theme.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #593 on: February 01, 2012, 10:49:20 am »

@crustypeanut: In the current version the guns are broken, sry. You can still get them, but cant produce them. Is all fixed for the next release though. Gunpowder needs smelting skill, bullets use metalworking and the guns use weaponsmithing. In the fight they use blowgunner for ranged, and spear/knife.

@deon: No problem. I also posted some fixes/code in your thread, hope you found it useful.

@narhiril:
1. the potted plant is super simple, and done by deon ;) But i guess it wont hurt, if more people use it. It is purerly decoration though.

2. I got crashes as well when I make a boiling stone, which is weird, I dont know why, since the other boiling stone reactions work. I create 250 poweder currently, called "essence residue" and added a job to the workshop called: "Clean residue" removing it. it is set to automatic and uses no skill, so the dwarf that got the legendary skill will most likely clean it up immediatly. Might raise it to 300, since i just got a legendary +1 out of it. Dont want to disappoint with someone just becoming grandmaster ;)

Here the raw:
Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:TRAIN_BEAST_CROSSBOW]
[NAME:Clear essence residue]
[BUILDING:BEASTLAB2:NONE]
[REAGENT:100:250:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:ESSENCE]
[AUTOMATIC]

[NAME:Make a crossbow legend]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_ESSENCE:INORGANIC:PLATINUM]
[PRODUCT:100:250:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:ESSENCE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:CROSSBOW]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #594 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:36 pm »

@narhiril: Redone it a bit, now creates legendary skills for sure.

[REACTION:CLEAN_ESSENCE]
[NAME:Clear essence residue]
[REAGENT:A:750:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:ESSENCE]
[AUTOMATIC]

[NAME:Make a crossbow legend]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_ESSENCE:INORGANIC:PLATINUM]
[PRODUCT:100:750:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:ESSENCE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:CROSSBOW]
And the missing inorganic file I did forget ^^
[INORGANIC:RESIDUE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SLIME_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:BLACK]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:essence residue]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:1][TILE:'#']
[SOLID_DENSITY:2787]
[IS_STONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]

@ALL: Testing is done, no errorlog, no bugs, clean embark selection. I also, finally, cleaned up and sorted the raws. Modder will have it easier next time to find things in the raws, all reactions and buildings are sorted and named. Took a lot of body, body detail plans, inorganic mats, items, creatures and material templates and put them in one file for each category, called: category-name_masterwork.txt

I changed the graphics for landmines, they have now tiles instead of graphics and have castes. Just one creature now, this way you get way less of them with migrants. same for golems, I reduced them to one kind, cheaper to buy, better fighter, but weaker armor. This way you dont get so many for free, but can buy more of them. They should now be a lot better balanced.

Made Automatons a bit more steampunky.

Hydraulic fluids are now harmless. Cause only short dizziness. and dwarves should be immune to it.

Added smithing accidents. Smelting ores now has a low chance of an accident (burning wounds for the worker) and metal poisoning (syndromes, similar to arsenic poison, might be harmless, might be hurtfull, might be deadly (very rare))

Added metallurgist, a workshop for alloys
Added arc furnace, a workshop for the new metals
Added gem workshop, creates gem weapons/armor, encrusts weapons/armor with gems, cuts big gems into smaller pieces.
Added transmutation chamber, transmutes precious metals into weapon-grade metals, and the other way around. Also allows to create fake gems.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Generally speaking the next version is done. V.1 :) Only for phoebus though. I dont know about the other tilesets yet.

Testing showed no problems, I will now write the GUI for the new version, then update the manual... will take a while ;)

EDIT: New building guide is done, here the changes. The javeline caster was a copy of the soap maker, just in red, and magma and normal one was identical. I made new ones that fit better. Also redone 3 workshops, the display case, and the new buildings :)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:28:18 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #595 on: February 01, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »

- Epic triple post -

Anyway, just wanted to say that the mod is done. I reached V1.0. Now looking for volunteers to help with more tilesets ^^

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD <<<

Full change log (as always, beware, it is long)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Shouldn't it be 0.10, not .1?

Or maybe 1.0?

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what do you need? Just all the tiles set to be the correct ASCII tile? I can do that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@putman: It is V.1 as in: not 0.xxx but actually done, finished, here you go, grab it and run ;) Edit: Ah, now I know what you mean. The . is for the V. to shorten Version to V.  The actual number is 1

@teh zip file: Yes. I know it is a lot of work. I need the raws with proper tile numbers for other tilesets. Again, my problem is that I dont know if things look right or wrong while testing. I hate to ask you (again) since you have done this already... twice. :o The buildings have to be redone as well, but this I can do, with the nifty workshoppainer.exe :)

If I get a finished tileset version, I will add it to the download and the GUI as an option. Till then, it is phoebus only, since I use it for work and play.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:28:46 pm by Meph »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WOOT, its out your awesome meph. ill check into the systems i reported as broken before and see whats what. ill also scour the new stuff for bugs/odd behavior.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 749