Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791039 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf Fortress - V0.1 - DF V.31.25 incl. grapics/sound
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2012, 03:16:03 pm »

Question:

Did you make one type of soil, clay, sand, and remove the aqufiers?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »

Answer:

I made one type of sand, clay and soil, and the aquifier are still in. Thinking about removing, or optionally removing them. Players without intricate knowledge of aquifierbreaching are lost, and no newer player has this knowledge. But then again advanced players might like unlimited water and perpertual energy... so i guess i make it optional.

Also more changes have been done:
Important ones: Zombies have 56 syndromes, with 1-2% chance of infection on a bite.
Worldgens are done. 5 new adv. worldgen sets...
all sentient being corpses (expect dwarves) just leave a pool of blood instead. less clutter.
Turrets are done, 8 types.
Added sprites for everything. :)

Full list of changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Race behavior, I think that is pretty balanced.
Code: [Select]
Race Seasons Attack trigger AI Diplomaty Weapons

DWARF Act:Autumn Trig:0 Loyalty Cascade PEACE Standart
ELF Act:Spring Trig:0 Ambusher PEACE Wood/Bows
HUMAN Act:Summer Trig:0 Sieger PEACE Standart+Strong
KOBOLD Act:All     Trig:1:1:1 Skulking THIEF Weak
GOBLIN Act:No Winter Trig:1:1:1 Ambusher WAR Standart
UNDEAD Act:Spring/Summer Trig:1:1:1 Standart WAR None, Syndromes
ORC Act:Summmer/Autumn Trig:2:2:2 Sieger WAR Strong
FROST GAINT Act:Winter Trig:5:5:5 Standart WAR DONT KNOW YET

Just working on the better armor and shields the humans bring.. And added padded leather armor, that you can wear UNDER you metal armor. 2 layers... must test if dwarves are clever enough in fortress mode for that... as if ^^
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:46:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

For dwarves you can just give them [SWIMS_INNATE] instead of [SWIMS_LEARNED] innate just means they know how to swim automatically.

Magma dogs should be hounds :P since they sound like they might be a larger creature then normal dogs. Plus it sounds cooler.

56 Syndromes for zombies... You mean like effects? Or 56 different syndromes all with unique effects. I like that idea, but I'll stick with my simple zombie bite :P

Also is 5 a valid trigger? I thought it went from 0-4? this is concerning the frost giants.

And for the padded armor to work, just make sure that all the stuff they wear can fit inside the LAYER_PERMIT

Vanilla Breastplate and Mail shirt have a layer permit of 50, BP layersize is 20 MS layersize is 15, to if worn together thats 35 with only 15 left for clothes/padded armor.

EDIT:
Also Great work :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »

Wiki states:
Triggers:
1 corresponds to 20 dwarves, 2 to 50 dwarves, 3 to 80, 4 to 110, and 5 to 140.

Thanks about the swims_innate and the hound idea, will both be build in. :)

Yes, 56 different syndromes. I think 8 different effects, each with different severity. You might get light nausae, heavy pain and your hand rots of, OR you vomit blood and pass out. Or nothing. 1-2% means maybe 1 syndrome per bite. I have to test all this, how powered it is in fortress mode, but in the arena it is amusing. 12 test subjects, all have something else.. :)

Padded armor is in the limit for layersize, but dwaves in fortress mode do not put clothing on, when they wear the outer layer already. Example: They have a breastplate already, and will not add a padded armor UNDERNEATH it. So you would have to be lucky, or it increases the micromanagement. But I really liked the idea of padded armor, a way to increase armor without changing vanilla stuff.

Armor is finished by the way.  Landmines are improved and work now a lot better, thanks to the zinger-raws from Legends of Forlorn. Still, they are different, they have a obsidian case filled with hydraulical fluid (that if leaks causes light and short paralysis on contact) and have different explosions.

I just cant get Dust, Fire and Ice to work, because I use vaporizing stones as custom corpse, and that allows only inhaled syndromes. If you know how I could add a temperatur reaction that works I'd be glad.

I will now try dust breath attack, the wiki says that the creature using it will die as well... so that fits for mines.

Wow, long answer ^^ btw: the entiry thread is just a discussion between us two ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »

Usally for my custom uniforms I just tell them to Replace their clothing with the uniform, they strip and wear what I tell them too. - Padded Armor for example

And that Progress trigger is nice to know :P It's been ages since I've read teh wiki, probally because I have trouble even finding the proper modding section :-/

Dust breath attack is the same as a cavein effect, it sends the breather and the targets all flying causing them to hit walls and things, killing them. I heard if you give a dust breath attack to a flying creature, it flys around like a rocket everytime it breathes dust.

Hmmm... and for your landmines. Give them a [VIEWRANGE:(1-5)] and give them a vapor breath attack. since vapor is like misting (so if covers everything in a layer of the breath attack). So this will be a small plan

HEATDAM_POINT  temperature
 Temperature above which the material takes damage from heat. May be set to NONE. If the material has an ignite point but no heatdam point, it may burn for a very long time (around 9-10 months). Defaults to NONE. 
COLDDAM_POINT  temperature
 Temperature below which the material takes damage from cold. Defaults to NONE. 
IGNITE_POINT  temperature
 Temperature at which the material will catch fire. Defaults to NONE. 

All Mines will have [VIEWRANGE:(1-5)] and have a certain material they are contructed from (even if it is altered)
Fire Mine - DRAGON_FIRE_BREATH/FIRE_BREATH, and its contructed material has a low HEATDAM and IGNITE points (somewhere above room temp, look at wood template)
Ice/Frost Mine - Vapor Breath attack (the material that is used should be solid at 1000, and liquid at 2000-8000 with a fixed temp in the liquid range), contructed materials have a COLDDAM point above the fixed temp of breath attack (also I have no idea how COLDDAM works wiki that one)
Dust/Exploding Mine - Give the Dust Breath attack, and make its contructed material very fragile (so it dies when it get blasted into something)

Acid Mine? - Vapor breath attack that has a syndrome that causes bleeding, pain, and rot to contacted vascular tissues. And kills itself

And if you want you can add a syndrome to their vapor attacks that affect only them, killing themselves.
The boiling rock on death can be it's small chance to say **** you if they don't get to blast em. Since they die reguardless its a WIN/WIN

Edit:
When using VIEWRANGE they need a sight BP and can't have EXTRAVISION as that gives them a no matter what 20 viewrange (20 tiles is default sight range)

Mazzacari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »

I suck at modding, so I'm not going to help, but I do want you guys to know that I love this idea and will download this mod as soon as it is complete. Great work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »

Thanks two both of you, for the help and the encouragement.

About the mines: I have a experimental dust mine that might explode 2 or 3 times sometimes before it dies. I just made it official lore by describing it as prototype stuff. Frag (bleeding and pain) acid (dizziness and nauses) toxic (necrosis) Flame (blisters and pain) and flash (blindness and dizziness) - landmines work.

The main problem with breath attacks is that the mine might die before hitting anything, or hit several times. And that defeats the purpose of landmines. They should hit once, once for certain and thats it.

I will have to do without real ice and fire, but maybe thats good to. No accidental bushfires and the armor/weapons dont melt.

CHANGELOG:
Added 6 types of mines, plus one special dust mine.
Added tame dragon, one of the elven warbeasts. 25.000 value.
Added padded leather armor to be worn under metal armor.
Humans should bring high-end armor and shields. MUST TEST.

PS: firebreath is used in the turrets ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

If you want I can probally whip together and simple "mine" body that is easy to kill, and maybe a shutdown switch. The reason behind the VIEWRANGE 1-5 is that the landmine can only see 1 to 5 tiles away depending on how far you want to see. And breath attacks can only fire once then have to recharge. So since normal creatures can see 20 tiles, and the land mine say. 3. The normal creature say goblin says to itself "Well looky at dat little disc" and wanders over to attack the mine. The entire time the goblin is running the landmine is just going "Oh what a beautiful day, sun is out. Birds are singing..." Goblins gets 3 tiles away Landmine: "HOLY! SH..." *BOOM!* blasts the goblin, gets caught in its own attack. Landmine dies and the goblin is on the ground screaming like a little girl.

Also as for the Fire and Ice, Ice shouldn't melt armor/weapons lol But I don't think firebreath is hot enough to melt weapons/armor. I like the Frost Mine better then fire lol

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Masterwork☼ Dwarf Fortress - V0.5 - DF V.31.25 incl. grapics/sound
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »

What you describe is the very first thing i tried. And failed badly. If you want to give it a shot, go ahead. But except fire and ice mines everything seems to be in order.

I have been thinking... there are no positive syndromes. True... but really, numbness (as in:feels no pain) is awesome for soldiers, and impaired function of the eyes (as in: I am blind) is awesome for... wait for it... SIEGE OPERATORS. They dont shoot worse then anyone else, and dont run away, like other civilians, because they cant see the goblins. And eyes regenerate. One could build ballistas behind fortifications and shoot with the gobbos standing 1 tile away on the other side. :)

Cant be tested in the arena, but would be fun to add some cheap pets with these syndromes and apply them at will. Pet with syndrome in blood, injure pet (1-2z level fall) and let selected dwarves run through the blood. Done.

Next changelog, minor stuff:

Added 12 more fanciful does-not-exist creatures
Added 4 Golem types, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Steel
Added Decoy, Stone. (good vs. edged:arrows, bad vs.blunt:meele)
Added 5 mood only shields
Added 5 mood only boots
Added 5 mood only pants
Added 5 mood only gloves
Added Arabic as Undead language
Used Goblinlanguage as Orc language
Added Finnish as Frost Gaint language
Edited the first post in this thread, yeah.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 12:01:36 am »

Fire me the raws for the Fire and Ice mines (or all dont't matter, give me a better scope on how to build them for you)

And as for your Numbness and Blindness ideas, gold there my friend. but you can make it easier then making a pet that must be beaten... wait for it...

You can make a inorganic material/creature venom that is contact (like the blood idea) but you put it in a container through a reaction (barrel, pot, jar, custom_tool_contianer what have you) you drop the container that has the elixer in it in a garbage dump. Forbid the elixer but take the container. Your dwarves should dump the poison on the floor and leave with the container. (also this is how you can poison your weapons/ammo too)

That way you can put in alchemy (or at least give it a use)

Or go with the poison pet idea, either or. cause you can barrel it's poison blood (make it milkable like a cow?)

So PM the raws for your land mines and I can see what magic I can whip up for them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:13 pm »

Here the landmine raws. The is Inorganic, then creature, bodyplan and material. Have fun. The bodyplan is also used for the turrets, so dont be surprised to see mouth eye and head. I removed these in the creature_landmine raw.

For the blindness:
Make a 1x1 custom workshop.
Name it: Super Siege Operatier Maker
Custom reaction: Creates a vaporizing stone that has the syndrome blindness.
Custom reagant: booze.
Name the raction: Drink of courage
Enable labor: Siege operator.
Whenever you want a super siege operator, just send him there.
DONE ;)

Zorbeltuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:23 pm »

Disabled the ability to cook booze or seeds.
Simply because it is unrealistic and can be used as an exploit. Formerly you could make meals solely out of seeds, which are inedible taken alone.
What would you do if I proved you wrong about this one?
Not that I can until tomorrow because I'm fairly certain dwarves have neither vodka nor liqueurs and beer and wine is likely more tasty (or edible) anyway.

As salt and vegetable stock is nonexistent in dwarven food industry I will add these to taste.

/Zorbeltuss
Kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha, jokainen häviää. / Kaikki jotuvat tappiolle kun hölmöllä on moottorisaha.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

Disabled the ability to cook booze or seeds.
Simply because it is unrealistic and can be used as an exploit. Formerly you could make meals solely out of seeds, which are inedible taken alone.
What would you do if I proved you wrong about this one?
Not that I can until tomorrow because I'm fairly certain dwarves have neither vodka nor liqueurs and beer and wine is likely more tasty (or edible) anyway.

As salt and vegetable stock is nonexistent in dwarven food industry I will add these to taste.

/Zorbeltuss
Makes me want to make a non-exsistant plant with a edible cooked mill item called salt. Make a custom reaction to turn rock salt (boulder) into salt (milled plant product)

@Meph, I will try and have a go with the Landmines. I had to work and my brother is over so that cuts into modding !!FUN!! time. Also I'll probally reword/rewrite your description of the Landmines :P got some grammer and spelling wrong :D (don't worry I know english is not your first :P)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »

The booze and seed cooking is because of this:

Harvest plump helmet.
Eat plump helmet, creatre 1 plump helmet seed.
Cook plump helmet seed into roasted plump helmet seed.
Eat again.

You can double your food... that's why it is taken out. And I know that you can make nice meals with a good red wine, but taking a barrel full of beer and a barrel full of wine and making food ? never. Again, it is taken out, because you can transform your booze into meals, 1:1.

@hugo: Thanks. And I only notice the dwarfen/dwarven error. ;)

And again, next changelog:

Standarized Bone items, fat items, tallow and soap.
Added Caste System. Warrior, Craftsmen, Noble.
Tweaked skill rate and attribute rate in dwarves.
Added Religion.
Added new noble: preacher => priest => archrpriest (with mandates/demands)
Added new noble: High Templar, leads the temple guard, appointet by priest/archpriest
Added 2 new building: Altar of Armok and Temple of Armok
Altar of Armok = Pray for soft or hard metals, booze and food.
Temple of Armok = Sacrifice a dwarf, get sword, helm and armor of armok, made of steel.

That makes it possible to have a prayer based society. Sacrifice unbelievers (migrants) to get gear for your warriors, and have your worker pray all day in 20 different altars, getting food and booze. :)

Mazzacari

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »

I like the religion and caste idea, but are you going with the generic three that you listed or are you expanding on those: x different sects of craftsmen, x of warrior, and x of noble? I think the religion is phenominal. Eventually a generic altar could be incorporated to include the gods worshiped by the different kingdoms.
These are just ideas so feel free to not use them if you don't like 'em :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 749