Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789705 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also, finally, cleaned up and sorted the raws. Modder will have it easier next time to find things in the raws, all reactions and buildings are sorted and named. Took a lot of body, body detail plans, inorganic mats, items, creatures and material templates and put them in one file for each category, called: category-name_masterwork.txt

This is what I meant when I said modular - putting this mod's changes into straightfoward sets of files that can be swapped easily. THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

And yeah,  I like lots and lots of plants. And engravings.  The world has so many different kinds! And DF has so few.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Downloaded, changed settings to how I'd like it, crash upon selecting "Create World". Can't use any of the premade ones either. :(

edit: Here's my Errorlog.txt:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_pet_masterwork.txt"
WORM_NETHER:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 8EYESTALKS
WORM_NETHER:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 2HEARTS
WORM_NETHER:Unrecognized Creature Token: MAT_FIXED_TEMP
WORM_NETHER:Unrecognized Creature Token: MATERIAL_VALUE
WORM_NETHER Color Mod Ending With (BLUE,1) Was Not Used
SCHEELITE: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - RHYOLITE
SCHEELITE: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - SYENITE
SCHEELITE: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - SKARN
CINNABAR: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - QUARTZITE
PUDDINGSTONE: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - CONGLOMERATE
GRAPHITE: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - QUARTZITE
DEMANTOID: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - CHROMITE
NATIVE_PLATINUM: Environment Spec Stone Not Found, Token - CHROMITE
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SOUL_CM
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: GOOD_CM
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature WORM_NETHER
WORM_NETHER:FEMALE:body, layer 1: Tissue SKIN was not found, using first tissue instead
WORM_NETHER:FEMALE:body, layer 2: Tissue FAT was not found, using first tissue instead
WORM_NETHER:FEMALE:body, layer 3: Tissue MUSCLE was not found, using first tissue instead

Anyone know what's wrong? :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:08:10 pm by Weaselcake »

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, nevermind, just had to disable Extra Domestic pets and Simple Stones mods...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Crap. The new nether worm from zeros mod is missing templates. I tested with the default settings, with the new creatures of. I upload a fix right away. Will take ages with the internet here though.

For everyone that already downloaded it:
Go to creature_pet_masterwork and remove the last creature, called WORM_NETHER.

(stupid mistake -.-)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:00:01 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the ASCII:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mds43ksji0k11o

Most tiles, colors, ect fixed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

damn you are fast. How did you do this ? Any nice programs I dont know about ? ;) But really, thanks a lot.

Currently uploading the nether worm fix, for the 30 people who have downloaded already: Just delete the creature, and everything will be fine.

Edit: Yeah, 25% uploaded... -.- super slow motion here
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:13:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Winmerge is the best program ever.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey um, meph just thought id point out that 5% isnt exactly extremely rare for arsenic poisoning... that means that 20 bars. (an armor suit or two) of metal has a decent chance of harming your smith badly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I now, 20 bars = one blast of poison.  But have you checked the syndrome ? First three have a low severity, 10,20,10.  Coughing blood and pain does not kill, and the one syndrome  that does kill has a 25% chance, and a peak of 9000. 1028 = one season. This means he might live full two years, and the poison is killing him slowly. At least that is how it should work out in the end. This is the arsenic that other mods use as well. I did not personally test it yet, not on the long run, but I guess that it is balanced. If it turns ot to be a fun-killer then I make it weaker. (or optional, which it is currently not)

All in all it should work like this: Injured furnace operators and smiths, that might require medical attention (like in real life) giving your doctors something to do in peacetime, with the occasional death in the long run. (20 bars = 1 poisoning = 25% chance of deadly syndrome = up to 2 years of life left.)

[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:10:PROB:100:VASCULAR_ONLY:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:ALL:START:5:PEAK:900:END:5000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:20:PROB:75:BP:BY_CATEGORY:SKIN:ALL:START:1000:PEAK:7000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:10:PROB:50:VASCULAR_ONLY:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:START:5:PEAK:900:END:5000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:100:PROB:25:VASCULAR_ONLY:BP:BY_CATEGORY:THOUGHT:ALL:START:9000:PEAK:12000:END:12000]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:BP:BY_TOKEN:LIMB:ALL:START:1000:PEAK:2000]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:1000:PEAK:20000]

PS: Nether worm fix is up.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm... seems acceptable... i was just noting that off the back after a quick glance in game/at raws. so ill let you know after a few years if deaths among legendart metal smiths become too common.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I stop checking these forums everyday and you've gone leaps and bounds ahead. I would say yes to the block factory, It was semi-useful for constructions and if you have reactions to make most rock objects out of blocks, it can give you a way to control what stone types you use without mass forbidding.

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found a "bug", if you use "Simple minerals" options, maps have only tetrahidrite, meteoric ore and only one kind of fossils.

And the Deadly traps are called "Daedly traps", a mistake :P

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just read through the entire changelog.

Mind = blown.

Will try the 1.0 version once free time pops up. Which can take a while, unfortunately. Nonetheless, impressive work, Meph!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@ashnal: Block factory is taken into consideration.

@dohon: Thanks 8)

@vondrak: Deadly traps spelling will be fixed, thanks. And you have to use Very High Minerals (or a very low mineral scarcity in the adv. worldgen) If you want to play with simple mats. Should be mentioned in the quickstart guide.

@bombzero: Hopefully it is not too hardcore ^^

@all: I will let you guys play a bit and see what turns up. In the meantime I will test different GUI settings. I got no errorlog with my default settings, but I try different ones and eridacte every error I find.

Also two new things I am testing, one works, the other not quite:

Caste Patch for Therapist: WORKS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Controlable Freeze Trap: Works on a 3*3 field of water, but seriously kills FPS sometimes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On my todo list is also the Ascii Version by teh zip file, fixing nails (broken nails never heal, causing infection and death) adding more creatures from zeros mod (this time testing them ;)), maybe making a caste system for turrets, instead of seperate creatures, making a bigger caste system for dwarves, now that the therapist can read them, and rebalancing everything that shows up as too weak/strong. For this I need your feedback, but I seem to get that ;)

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course, Meph, i play with mineral scarcity in 100, but i tried 4 or 5 fortress in the evil gen map and the same... tetra and meteor only.

And thank for your hard work!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 749