Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789544 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

This is weird. I just genned 3 standart worlds and checked the caverns, the seem fine.

Usually new animals arrive when you kill all old ones.

How old is your world gen ?

How many caverns did you breach ? Many creatures are only in the second or third level.

How high is your savaregy ? Many monsters only appear in savage areas. Same goes for good/evil regions.

How many biomes do you have in your embark area ? The more biomes, the more diverse the creature selection.
Well with caverns the amount of biomes you have don't really matter as caverns count as just one big biome (but you can have mulitple types (evil,good,savage))

Also I'd like to know this too as my Urk Dashas I've never seen them in my cavern layer 2

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

This is weird. I just genned 3 standart worlds and checked the caverns, the seem fine.

Usually new animals arrive when you kill all old ones.

How old is your world gen ?

How many caverns did you breach ? Many creatures are only in the second or third level.

How high is your savaregy ? Many monsters only appear in savage areas. Same goes for good/evil regions.

How many biomes do you have in your embark area ? The more biomes, the more diverse the creature selection.
I'm not too sure about most of these. My worldgen is exactly 100 years. I've only breached the first cavern. I think I'll dig deeper. I think I set minimum savagry to 40. That may have been on another world entirely, though.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Might be that the snakes just stay there, till you kill them. Dont know if they wander of the map like normal surface animals. The helmet snakes are from the flora and fauna mod if I remember correctly.

I will upload the patch now. Sorry to everyone who just started a new fortress, but I dont want new players to have a crash with the temples/altars.

If you just want to fix the crash, and dont install the new version, (to keep your fortress) you can go to dwarf fortress/raw/objects/reaction_masterwork.txt and replace the old reactions with these two:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No worldgen is necessary for this.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Upuaut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello Meph,

I just wanted to thank you for your awesome mod! I havenīt had the time to play alot in the last weeks, but what I saw in my tests was great.
I will spend the whole weekend with your mod. :-)
Regarding your question: How about releasing patches once a week or once every two weeks. That would give us some testing-time and you some fixing-time but of cause itīs up to you. ;-)
Iīm looking forward how this mod will evolve. For me itīs already in the same high rank as other mods like Genesis. Perhaps I will start a Letīs Play of this mod in the future.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.1 - little bugfix and castes.
« Reply #649 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:23 pm »

Amazing how well recieved this mod is :)

I dont think that I can keep up this speed. For once, because it is mostly finished. See the to do list in the first post to see what is missing.

Secondly, I am back at my bike. That means that I will spend more time on the road then in hostels. This very early update I just made is because of the crash. I hate crashes. ;)

I just uploaded the new patch. Again, if you want to keep your fort, use the reactions I posted just before this post.

Changelog:

One note: The bone to bonemeal reaction does not respect stack size. I could not get it to work. So please use with care. It might be that you take 20 cow bones, and then you only get 1 bonemeal. If anyone can find a fix for that, I will add it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:50:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still using the old version of Masterwork but the blast furnace took 6 tettrahedrite and gave me 6 steel bars. Probaly not the intended result.

I don't mind the smelter catching fire as much since I started using worthless migrants to man the smelters.

I also have not seen any of the fortress defense creates in three worlds. Should they be showing up as they do in fortress defense?

Darunija

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

To add some user friendly stuff you might add some common templates for sqauds especially one for riflemen and throwingweapons.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To add some user friendly stuff you might add some common templates for sqauds especially one for riflemen and throwingweapons.

you mean uniforms?
can that be done? if so where? I'd like to create some uniforms that carry over from fortress to fortress...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

The steel reaction works like it is indented. It takes 6 ores containing iron, 3 flux stones and 1 coke, to make 6 steel bars. Batch smelting is more effective then single smelting. But of course the batch furnace is harder to make then a normal smelter. A little ;)

Reaction raw:

Uniforms can nod be modded as far as I know. If yes, I would instantly add some templates, for rifledwarfes, javeline users and throwing weapons, sure. And padded armor, since this is quite difficult.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did not realize that tetrahedrite was an ore of iron. My mistake there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Fortress Defense Creatures should only appear if the fitting invaders are ON btw.

And I just checked, tetrahide is [METAL_ORE:PURE_IRON:25] in addition to [METAL_ORE:COPPER:100] The reaction appearently accepts ANY ore that has the slightest trace of iron in it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sorry for the double post, but this is a rather big thing I just found out.

Macros. Stupid me completely forgot about them. See this thread:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100038.0

I will make a ton of macros now, military uniforms, buildings, room designations, maybe a trap setup or two, a mist generator, a 1level pump stack that can be repeated... damn, so many possibilities. Is there a good collection of those somewhere ? I did not search yet, so ignore this question if the answer is obvious.

@Darunija: HA, you get your uniform templates after all then. :)

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand about macros, but if you can implement some of the most used / necessaries would be a great help for rookies like me  :D

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

Just so you know I have updated the version of the tileset you are using, so you might want to update that in the next version if you haven't.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I don't understand about macros, but if you can implement some of the most used / necessaries would be a great help for rookies like me  :D
Macros work really easily. Basically you hit ctrl+l and choose the macro from a list, and then hit ctrl+p to start the macro. Then they will perform any number of key presses extremely fast (but still functioning the same as if you pressed them all manually). This means that when you start up a fort you could select a "set up uniforms" macro that will make all of your military uniforms and set them up in the space of 30 seconds or so instead of you taking 30 minutes to set them all up by hand. Or it could be used in a situation like in the trade depot, where instead of hitting enter+down a million times to select all of your crafts to trade, you can just hit ctrl+p and it will select them all for you.

Is there a good collection of those somewhere ? I did not search yet, so ignore this question if the answer is obvious.
Not as far as I know. There is a little bit wandering around on the forums and the wiki, but so far nobody has really uploaded that much so far. I can probably throw together a "upload your macros here" page on the wiki over the weekend though.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 749