Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790692 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2 - New version is there.
« Reply #7650 on: December 22, 2012, 07:13:49 am »

@bigd145: Thanks, good to know. I thought it was my slow netbook...

@xominxac: How is this a bug? The child is simply a savant with natural fishing skill, check his description. It will say that he/she is a bit simple but likes to fish.

@timeless bob: Ok. ^^ The only problem again is, that 90% of what you wrote cant be done through modding.

@Rask: Directly under the tileset button it does say: "Changing tilesets might reset some options." This note has been there since ever, and nothing has changed on that. Changing tilesets does replace some files in the data/art and data/init options, so all settings that have to do with those will be set back to the default.

@all: Who is interested in a succession fort?

Oh, and at everyone in general and xominxac in particular: If you play a mod, and have something like a bug, please never ever ever post it in the bug-section, but come to the mod thread instead. So good thinking there, you saved a lot of people a lot of time ;)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:09:38 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: December 22, 2012, 10:40:58 am »

Yep, got ahead of myself jumping to conclusions. I should have checked the description, indeed a fisher savant.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: December 22, 2012, 11:19:40 am »

I was hoping a child born message would be in the gui (i.e. not to pause/recenter)

same goes for another mildly annoying option...  pause on damp stone located...

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: December 22, 2012, 11:35:25 am »

Well Meph, im back, so if you want a new old goon for the succession fortress: Im in for it.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: December 22, 2012, 11:49:46 am »

@Rask: Directly under the tileset button it does say: "Changing tilesets might reset some options." This note has been there since ever, and nothing has changed on that. Changing tilesets does replace some files in the data/art and data/init options, so all settings that have to do with those will be set back to the default.
That won't happen to the init files (except the color file but that is part of the tileset) in the Python GUI since we will just change the required settings while leaving the others alone.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:19:13 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: December 22, 2012, 11:50:40 am »

the shrub tile in this version (phoebus) looks like an anvil...

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: December 22, 2012, 11:52:58 am »

Hey Meph what happens if i make a safe file of regular Masterwork DF and the change to Orc fortress will anything bad happen?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7657 on: December 22, 2012, 12:03:43 pm »

@firons2: No. You save will be unaffected, you can have a dwarf fortress, save, create a new world, make a orc fortress, reload the old dwarf fortress, whatever... doesnt matter, no conflicts.

@thistleknot: Shadowleaf shrubs look like anvils. I noticed that there are way too many of those. It is one of the new plants, taken from genesis for a test of poison coating. I just wanted to make everyone has access to it. Like I mentioned in the release changelog, this is for testing purposes.

About the settings: I barely ever have childbirths, so I didnt figure that is a problem. About the damp stone:

Has been there since ever. You can toggle if damp/hot stones pause and refocus the game or not.

@firehawk: Sure thing, have a look at the fort thread and let me know what you think. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:03 pm »

Of course you post this while I'm deep into designing a brand new fort in 1.9.5!  Glad you decided to keep all your great changes from Alpha to make a wonder V2.  Looks good and I'll just have to figure out how to refind my choice embark on this version.

Anyway to make Mod buildings require power to run?  Would actually be cool to have the timberyard require power instead of soo many components to build (the hauling time to build is brutal). 
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: December 22, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »

Meph, It took me a couple hours to generate a world I liked, but then I set into checking on stuff for you.

The plank reactions weren't added to the SAWMILL building, here's something you can copy/paste:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a matter of balance I suggest scrap wood only give 2 planks, instead of 4, since you already get 2 scrap logs from one smooth log.

Would you consider adding REMOVE_TREEBARK to the SAWMILL?  In exchange, a small nerf to the SAWMILL - it would have it's own reactions that produce only three planks, instead of four because it would be less efficient than the timber yard and the REMOVE_TREEBARK would not create seeds at the SAWMILL.  I ask for this because I go through the trouble to build that HUGE MASSIVE timberyard just so all my wood stuff will be "smooth wood" instead of "rough wood"...well, with this version of the mod it's just "wood" which in my mind still is rough wood.  I suppose if you do that adding and SCRAPWOOD_MAKING would make sense too, but I don't use it unless for some insane reason I need to burn wood to ash.

The SAWMILL takes nothing to build, and feels a bit like cheating.  I was wondering if you might be willing to up it to requiring say...four logs, a sawblade, and a mechanism.  Now, since you can't buy mechanisms at embark, I'd suggest to create a mechanism crate, like you have the other crates, but it would have only one mechanism in it.  Of course that would then necessitate a 1x1 unpacking building to do the unpacking reaction.  But then, someone could embark with four wood logs, a copper sawblade, and a copper mechanism crate, unpack the mechanism, then build their SAWMILL.

The furniture workshop requires two stones and two blocks.  This is a barrier for non-digging fortresses.  I was wondering if you would consider changing it to either four blocks, or two logs and two blocks.  I'm fond of four blocks myself beacause I can build a sawmill, make four planks, then build the furniture workshop with the planks.

Next, the "Make stone storage set" will take wood planks for inputs, the results are seem like valid wood barrels and bins, but it is a bit weird that it's "stone" storage set and uses masonry.  I don't know if you can make it not take wood planks for input or not.

Now, this of course opens up a can of worms with the furniture workshop.  I understand you probably don't want to have to get into making furniture from planks but it kind-of does make sense since you can turn stones into blocks then make furniture with blocks.  I'm not asking for anything in that respect, just pointing that out.

Other minor things
  • The fine brick reactions say "Burn fine dark green bricks(2)".  Should that either be "(4)" or completely removed since they make the same amount of bricks as the other brick reactions?
  • GOODWOOD_TEMPLATE is not used
  • FAIRWOOD_TEMPLATE is not used
  • Shouldn't scrap wood be called "scrapwood" instead of "scrap" the same way that "fungiwood" and "netherwood" is?  I can't remember if fair wood is called "fair" or "fairwood" but I have the same suggestion for it

Last, but not least.  This is probably like this because you want to maintain the configurability of your mod but in plant_masterwork.txt but:
Everything in bold is overwritten by the USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE and can either A) be deleted or B) the USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE can be moved before the [MATERIAL_VALUE] line or C) You know full well what you're doing and I can hush.  While I'm at it, the items in strikethroughare superflous for a plant that will never grow anywhere.  I still don't know to what the SOLID_DENSITY would be applied to but you may want to confirm it's placed where you want it because my money is on it being discarded.

Thanks for this wonderful mod and sorry I'm being a bother.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »

meph: i just thought the damp stone stop was for stopping only.  i want it to stop but not pause

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7661 on: December 22, 2012, 02:12:50 pm »

@thistleknot: no one can affect if it stops or not, it will always stop. the button does stop the announcements, just as I said.

@miamibryce: Wow, thanks for the post. I feel like an idiot.

Sawmill has buildmats now, I simply forgot them. And reactions. -.-
[BUILD_ITEM:4:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

The idea is that you build one big timberyard, and 1-2-3 sawmills around it. I will not give it the functionality of the timberyard, and the reactions will stay as they are.

I will not allow furniture from wood blocks, period. Shouldnt the worthless_stone_only in the reactions filter out the wooden blocks ? because otherwise the stonecutter will use these planks, because they count as blocks. Sawmill should just be for constructions. I dont want people multiplying their trees into 4.

Bricks, good catch, it should read (4). Normal ones take 1 boulder for 4, the fine ones take 2 boulders for 4. I corrected the names in the reactions, thanks.

Stone storage set should only accept stone blocks of course. I will test if wood blocks can be used, if yes, I have to change something.

Templates and scrapwood naming, and the lines in the plant files dont matter, they dont hurt anyone. ^^

@dukea: As far as I know, No. No workshops that require power...

@all: I also noticed a little problem with rutile, ilmenite and chromite/titanium, the arc furnace and crucible overlap at some points. fine tuning necessary.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: December 22, 2012, 02:37:27 pm »

@ Meph & zenerbufen
If either of you need help putting out Linux versions just let me know.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7663 on: December 22, 2012, 03:05:11 pm »

While playing I found some more stuff that needs cleaning up. I ported the magma/water spawning from the alpha, but not for the spawn location.

Currently you make WATERTANKER, but need to fill TANKER, and empty out... BOTTLES. I will see if I can get a quick fix for this later. There are some things overlapping from the alpha, with similar naming, same with the orc fortress... dwarves dont have access to Orichalcum for example, but it does show up in the forge selection as a metal...

@arclance: Once I uploaded the bugfix I write you a PM. Then you could do the linux version, and zen can focus on a mac version. Thanks for the offer :)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: December 22, 2012, 03:30:24 pm »

The moment I laid my eyes on this world I was like this.

This world is so amazing I felt I had to share it. I've been looking through the legends before I've done anything and already,

An Illithid slab hmm? Is it an Illithid turned into a slab? Well its name is fitting and that it teaches trickery.

I kept looking through the artifact books and then did a double take on this.

A blood of Armok bound book. How much cooler does it get than that. In so many ways I think what happened here is the toxins finally got to him and he achieved divine knowledge from Armok himself.

I am uploading the world if people want to check it out or here is the params.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 04:12:19 pm by xominxac »
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 749