Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1788254 times)

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - Quick update, fixes and archeology. :)
« Reply #7695 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:34 am »

Does orc's have something similar to sawmill? I wanted to make wooden walls and some other stuff from wood, but im not able to find sawmill when playing with orc's, and without it i need to cut down tons of trees for my project.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7696 on: December 23, 2012, 08:52:49 am »

Yes, actually they do. Orcish Factory: Cut blocks (20) from wood (5)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: December 23, 2012, 10:32:40 am »

I've been experiencing crashes quite frequently on world gen.  I use Phoebus' pack exclusively.  I generated random 10 worlds with all standard settings in DF.  For Masterwork I had turned off all the "harder" options under balancing but left disease and bodyguards on.  In the first 10 gens I turned down the child allowed count to 50:1000 and a few times to 20:1000.  8/10 these gens crashed before reaching year 50.  None even reached 125.  When I put the setting back to 100:1000 the next 10 generations succeeded at the usual snails pace of world generation.

This takes forever so I don't know if I'll have time to check out Ironhand or the other tilesets like this.  I do know that generation with ASCii tends to work all the time for me no matter the setting.  However I like to change to Phoebus and keep all the settings the same.  That'll be a longer term test of mine to see how that effects things in game without a "update save game" feature.  However I would suggest putting a note about this on the GUI launcher because the graphics falls under the options area and it says at the top "these settings can be changed without genning a new world."  So far it hasn't seemed to affect me badly but as we were discussing earlier it might have some effect on settings having to do with each packs raws.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: December 23, 2012, 12:05:56 pm »

Meph i forgot what about diseases and wards are they still there?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: December 23, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »

why no bronze anvil?

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: December 23, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

@arclance

Last time I had to leave out all the dfhack dfusion therapist stuff  because I couldn't get it working on linux/mac  I found some half-completed attempts at porting therapist to mac... and an older version that kinda sorta works, but bugs out constantly. I couldn't get non-wine DF to work with wine therapist etc, so I gave up on it. Maybe you will have better luck?

I'm going to try to get the python gui preview working with this release because I got a TON of feedback last time about not being able to toggle options on the mac/linux... like, it was the ONLY thing people complained about and they complained in droves.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: December 23, 2012, 09:52:16 pm »

@arclance

Last time I had to leave out all the dfhack dfusion therapist stuff  because I couldn't get it working on linux/mac  I found some half-completed attempts at porting therapist to mac... and an older version that kinda sorta works, but bugs out constantly. I couldn't get non-wine DF to work with wine therapist etc, so I gave up on it. Maybe you will have better luck?

I'm going to try to get the python gui preview working with this release because I got a TON of feedback last time about not being able to toggle options on the mac/linux... like, it was the ONLY thing people complained about and they complained in droves.
I have dfhack, dfusion (the one in dfhack), and maybe therapist for Linux.
I built the extra dfhack plugins so they could just be added to the download from the dfhack thread.
That download has dfusion in it even though the first post says that is is windows only right now.
I might be able to get a distributable therapist for Linux but it may be something that everyone has to build themselves for it to work correctly.

I know Mac support for dfusion and therapist are likely not very good so you may not be able to include them.

Here is the latest source for the backend.
I have not had time work on preparing the backend for any of the new features we were planning on but it is ready to duplicate the old GUI right now.
I did add working debug output for Windows.
This changes all debug statements to be handled by the "debugPrint()" function instead of "print()".
This lets "debugPrint" output debug statements differently for Windows by writing them to a log file since the "print"s don't show up in the Windows terminal.
I also updated the backend and the exeSetup.py compiler script to run on more recent versions of Python3 (3.2+).

There is a init file setting changing function but it can not read the current setting from a init file right now.
Feel free to add that if you want, I can adjust its output format to work with the treeview later if necessary.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: December 23, 2012, 11:45:15 pm »

Hey, Meph. I'm here about adventure mode again, I guess.

Thanks for putting the wanderer tools back in, but you seem to have put them all in as tools. As it turns out, apparently some of the stone knapped tools count as weapons instead in the reactions, such as the scraper and simple axe, so the game isn't finding them and is instead giving me rather... interesting replacements.

Case in point:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition, the gather plants reaction is still attempting to produce plants that don't exist. Currently seeing what happens if I point the assorted reactions towards thing that exist. If it works, I'll go ahead and paste the reactions file here for simplicities sake.

Edit: The plant reactions aren't working because they're using the plants' proper names rather than their RAW names, and also a couple of them don't appear to exist ingame? For the purposes of my RAW fiddling, I just removed the ones that don't exist. I'm uncertain if you'd rather replace them or not.

Anyway. I got the scraper to show up through knapping, as well as arrow and spear heads. It looks like whetstones and simple axes need to be looked at, since they're turning into toy castles and pikes respectively... Brewing is mostly likely going to have to be changed to account for, again, some of the plants not actually existing...

Be back in a bit while I fiddle with stuff more.

Editedit: I'm sorry to say, I've got a cold and am tired and... in general, I'm pretty sure this is a bit more complicated than I'm able to do right now. As far as I can tell...

>The gather plants and probably the brewing wanderer reactions need to be changed to account for the fact that they're formatted incorrectly and, in places, refer to plants that do not exist.
>The wanderer items need to be reconciled with the wanderer reactions (either the item classes need to be shifted around, the class of items the reactions are making need to be changed, or a combination of both)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:23:59 am by Deimos56 »
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: December 24, 2012, 03:54:28 am »

@arclance

I'm going to try to get the python gui preview working with this release because I got a TON of feedback last time about not being able to toggle options on the mac/linux

... like, it was the ONLY thing people complained about and they complained in droves.

dfusion isnt even in dfhack nightly builds. there going to scripts now for most that stuff.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: December 24, 2012, 07:21:27 am »

Slight glitch; I'm capable of embarking with "Molten failure stone12" I'm assuming this is one of those boiling stone reactions :P might wanna fix that cos I thought it would be fun to embark with 50 of these stones :D

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: December 24, 2012, 09:46:19 am »

one of the things promo'd bout this 2.0 mod was the ability to play a ''standard game' albeit w fps increases. i.e. a minimal set of changes...
how does one go about doing this? i dont see such aa default setting n. e where nor do i believe i achieve this by just setting everything to off.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: December 24, 2012, 09:52:30 am »

Wait, am I reading it right when I see that Fear the Night is included in this?

Because frankly I haven't really noticed it myself in MWDF, might just be shitty luck I guess.

As for the mod itself, judging by how my friend reacted to it - and my own experience, this is pretty much The Mod for DF.
Great job the whole bunch of you, and keep on rocking.
..And Meph should stop being so Not-So-No-Lifer-ish. (asdffadfgfgad stop traveling, argh :P )

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7707 on: December 24, 2012, 10:17:15 am »

Wait, am I reading it right when I see that Fear the Night is included in this?
As for the mod itself, judging by how my friend reacted to it - and my own experience, this is pretty much The Mod for DF.
Great job the whole bunch of you, and keep on rocking.
..And Meph should stop being so Not-So-No-Lifer-ish. (asdffadfgfgad stop traveling, argh :P )

Yes, Fear the Night is included. Might be drowned a bit by the other 800 or so creatures though. And thanks :)

What should not-so-no-lifer-ish mean ? ^^ I'm in Tunesia, going to the black sea in spring, and in may I depart for a year in asia with my girlfriend... to me that sounds good. I have 105 countries so far, and will aim for the rest :) Oh, and how did your friend react?

@thistleknot: Bronze anvil => Smelter: Form metal anvil => accepts any metal, that includes bronze.

I gave up on the "back to default" setting, and did repeatedly say so. Since I know that people were still looking for such an FPS-only mod, I did write and release this: Accelerated DF.

@Godlysockpuppet: Interesting. That would be the boiling stone for creating slaves, which never actually worked. And that would mean that it has been there for a long, long time. Luckily I gave all of the boiling stones numbers, so I could find it quickly. Thanks for the catch, another tiny thing made better.

@deimos56: Ok, that seems to be a bigger problem then I thought. I never play or test adv. mode, because the mod is focused on fortress mode, but I guess safest thing to do is completely delete wanderes friend, and install a fresh download of it. shouldnt be too hard. Sorry for the inconvinience.

@arclance & zenerbufen: I guess the current version will stay like it is for a while, so Arclance, you can start on a linux version, and zen, you can start on a mac version. Except of course you'd rather wait a week and see what shows up in the reports I get ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: December 24, 2012, 10:24:20 am »

Meph:

Thanks, I haven't been on this thread extensively to see you decided to drop that idea.  Although I am happy, as I see you have an accelerated mod!

Thanks for the form anvil bit, I'll go look for it.

Btw, a form metal anvil is a nice feature, doesn't allow me to save 60 embark points tho ;)  as modding one in does.  But that's a minor feature, I just figured since these did exist historically in real life, that it would make sense to have an option to mod it in so it can be bought/traded.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:28:41 am by thistleknot »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: December 24, 2012, 10:28:01 am »

I can kind of agree that I formulate things quite complicated, but what I'm saying is that he definitely liked it.
As for the not-so-nolifer-ish-ness, I mean you just went missing for a long time to take a tour all across the African continent, and then you announce even before it's over that you'll be gone for a year soon afterwards. :P

Which is kind of the straight opposite of how I function, which to say is that I'm absolutely cripplingly determined to always be available. (To the point where staying up all night is AWWWWWWWRIGHT)
Though truth to be told, I'm not the lead dev and there's not even much for me to do. And I'm also catastrophically lazy, so there's that. (I mean at least you seem to be working at a steady, fast rate. :P )

oh_no
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 749