Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790921 times)

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - POLL about next big project
« Reply #7755 on: December 25, 2012, 05:57:28 pm »

I have a problem. For whatever reason I am getting creatures, such as nightwings, unicorns etc, that do not belong in the biome I am in. As well, fetherwood is growing everywhere like normal trees. And as previously stated the embark points are not static, as in rather than "1247" (or what ever the default points are) I get say "1802" or "1102" etc.
The reason for embark is easy, you star at a certin point, and then your civ may have steel but no iron, which cost a lot more and just that 5 iorn what evers that cost 40 embark points? 160 now (just an example)
Check you can tell most of the time qwhy
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: December 25, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

I have a problem. For whatever reason I am getting creatures, such as nightwings, unicorns etc, that do not belong in the biome I am in. As well, fetherwood is growing everywhere like normal trees. And as previously stated the embark points are not static, as in rather than "1247" (or what ever the default points are) I get say "1802" or "1102" etc.
The reason for embark is easy, you star at a certin point, and then your civ may have steel but no iron, which cost a lot more and just that 5 iorn what evers that cost 40 embark points? 160 now (just an example)
Check you can tell most of the time qwhy
No, as in with all materials removed the points change.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: December 25, 2012, 06:03:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's an example of the embark points problems
*Edit: Opps. Put the same image in twice.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: December 25, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »

I'm 95% you used the same pic twice, that or I see no problem  :P
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: December 25, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

I'm 95% you used the same pic twice, that or I see no problem  :P
Yeah, I dun'goofed there. It's fixed though.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: December 25, 2012, 06:08:28 pm »

What about the items? maybe there is something there like animals your forgetting?

9I'm not sure if thats affected by this mod or not)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7761 on: December 25, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »

The pictures you posted are actually identical, probably one wrong link... but yeah, several other people, including me, noticed that.

And honestly, I have no clue whatsoever how modding can affect the embark points. Putnam, another modder who usually roams the forum and answers all the questions said the same, cant affect them with modding. It is a great mystery ;)

The biomes I did change, so people see more mystical creatures. Some people like it, some dont, but I left the really dangerous thing in evil bioms, no worries. The feather-tree should revert back to "wood" when felled, like any other tree...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: December 25, 2012, 06:14:06 pm »

What about the items? maybe there is something there like animals your forgetting?

9I'm not sure if thats affected by this mod or not)
Like I have said, this is a BLANK embark profile. No animals, skills or items. It's really weird as I seem to be the only person having it. Maybe my antivirus/firewall software (Comodo) might be affecting something? I'll try looking into that.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: December 25, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

The pictures you posted are actually identical, probably one wrong link... but yeah, several other people, including me, noticed that.

And honestly, I have no clue whatsoever how modding can affect the embark points. Putnam, another modder who usually roams the forum and answers all the questions said the same, cant affect them with modding. It is a great mystery ;)

The biomes I did change, so people see more mystical creatures. Some people like it, some dont, but I left the really dangerous thing in evil bioms, no worries. The feather-tree should revert back to "wood" when felled, like any other tree...
I probably should of made it more obvious, but the embark points are different.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: December 25, 2012, 06:16:53 pm »

If I may :)
Have a lich sprite:
whadaya think mayt

Though now that I think about it, it might be because I'm actually using the Jolly graphics set, except that by funkiness it still kept the creature graphics on. (Which is a cool combo.)

I'm not really satisfied, but I guess that's what 16x16 restrictions mean. Have an infernomancer:
Kind of hard to represent a platinum humanoid (thus bright gray) with fire everywhere.

oh_no

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: December 25, 2012, 06:17:48 pm »

others have it to, its just that, its not "possible" its hard coded, mods cant affect it, but yet...
so we dont know, out of wonder, try picking the same spot and see if it gives the same points every time or if its random

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: December 25, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

I looked through the trusted/unrecognized file list for comodo, and saw that a big list of stuff in my DF Masterwork folder is "untrusted", and moved them to "trusted". I'm genning a world to see if that fixed it, as this is most likely the reason. Btw, really love the mod. A few features I dislike, like turning coarse iron into normal, but this mod adds and fixes loads of things in DF for the better.
Ps. Didn't know beakdogs could fly, so I enabled their sieges = Early loss of a fortress.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: December 25, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »

others have it to, its just that, its not "possible" its hard coded, mods cant affect it, but yet...
so we dont know, out of wonder, try picking the same spot and see if it gives the same points every time or if its random
I previously did this. Same spot is the same points, UNLESS I embark, retire, then re-embark

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7768 on: December 25, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

like turning coarse iron into normal,

This doesnt exist anymore... no coarse iron in the mod atm.

And the Fortress Defense beak dogs can FLY ? (I think its actually beak wolves, but I know what you mean)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: December 25, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »

Sadly that did not fix it. The only thing I can think of now is to send a link to my game folder to see if the issue is limited to my computer.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0pgk6hwz9azcle2
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 749