Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776447 times)

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - POLL about next big project
« Reply #7770 on: December 25, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »

like turning coarse iron into normal,

This doesnt exist anymore... no coarse iron in the mod atm.

And the Fortress Defense beak dogs can FLY ? (I think its actually beak wolves, but I know what you mean)
Now I am REALLY fucking confused... Because I have coarse iron, and originally I did too believe beak dogs could not fly. Maybe my raws are really messed up?

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: December 25, 2012, 06:52:00 pm »

whenwher you get the mod? it may be out of date
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Willadie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: December 25, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »

whenwher you get the mod? it may be out of date
DL'd the new version the day it came out. Redownloading it, though DFfiledepo is slooooow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7773 on: December 25, 2012, 06:58:20 pm »

Dont redownload. I checked.

Neither beak dogs (creature) nor beak wolves (fortress defense race) can fly.

But... I removed coarse iron from the raws, but didnt double-check and remove it from the ascii/ironhand raws, because I do have 3 sets of raws... I mod on the phoebus version. So yeah... ehm... bad news, everyone that plays ascii or ironhand is stuck with coarse iron (because I did remove the reaction to refine it to iron, since there is no coarse iron anymore, d'oh) and... well, you cant make pig-iron or steel then. What fun. -.-

I did fix it here... but damn it, I really thought I could avoid another bug-fix update ^^

EDIT: For now, just try using mithril instead of steel...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:04:06 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: December 25, 2012, 07:00:00 pm »

You may of done this but I'd add that to the OP in big red letters
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7775 on: December 25, 2012, 07:08:29 pm »

Na, I rather slave away at some more improvements, and then upload a new fix... like I said, I hoped to avoid this, but tomorrow I upload a new version. I just hope the dffd is more stable then, lately the site has been offline a lot.

EDIT: Currently the changelog is this:

##########################################
v2b
##########################################

Improved Creature Spawning. Higher success chance, and no intervention by vermin hunters anymore.
Gremlins can no longer be bought as pets.
Removed Scimitar, because it's essentially the same as a longsword.
Added battle pick. Better, more expensive version of picks.
Nerfed picks.
Added training hammer.
Thatch/Wicker is now standardized (no plant-name-wicker anymore)
Slight balance changes in the 3 magic buildings.
You can now create or reverse-engineer clockwork parts (needed for turrets)
Fixed "create landmines" and "create turrets" (they still requestet the blackpowder from the deleted chemisty system)
Removed "melt 2 blocks into obsidian/slade" from great magma forge. (done in crucible now)
Fixed "boil leather in oil" reaction, now gives rest oil back, instead of "generic liquid"
Magma Spawning and Transporting now takes any labor to do (formerly Alchemy, ups...)
Removed Bayonets. Instead simply use "large dagger", made in the forge.
Added magma-safe tube section to stonecutter.
Added reaction to the brewery. Brew drink (2). It takes 2 barrels instead of one, and procudes slightly more drinks then the still. (Still 1 Barrel = 25 drinks, Brewery 2 Barrels = 2x15 drinks)
Sorted weapons (for forge screen)
Added sphalerite, ore of zinc back in.
Therefore added zinc back in... as well as brass.
Spend around 7h sorting all reactions. Either alphabetically, or renamed and grouped them better.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: December 25, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »

Removed Scimitars, because they were essentially an overpowered version of longswords.
Fixed that for you. :P

oh_no

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: December 25, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »

Sadly I cant playtest as much as I would like due to Christmas, but here are a couple of things I noticed:
After first download my playable race were Humans. Resetting all MW Options back and genning a new world did not fix it, Redownloading did. After new installation I cannot reproduce the bug, no matter which settings I change.
In all worldgens as Humans, Goblins did not show as neighbours, even though they were present in the population file, after fixing it and playing as dwarf they were shown on same maps, some not. I am currently playing a fort to test wether they still show up.

I had, in my first Autumn, 9 Kobold thieves at once sneak in (Wtf?).

New Archeology seems to be working fine, so does the Creature Research Lab. I am currently trying to build the new magic buildings, will report on their functionality in a couple of days.

On the Poll: The inside spawning enemies sound ridiculously fun. No more boring "Kill it or lock the door". Finally a need to defend the inside as well. Great idea!

How does the raiding system in orc Fortress work?

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - Quick update, fixes and archeology. :)
« Reply #7778 on: December 25, 2012, 08:22:43 pm »

Well... wands are from the old old old magic system. they shoot ammo called "spell" with special effects. The wand is still in the raws, and that was really, really rare. Unfortunately you cant do anything with it, except selling it, storing it in a display case, or using it as a really bad melee weapon. ^^
Aw man, I was hoping it would be something really cool lol. Maybe I'll outfit a dwarf with fill candy armor and give him the want.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7779 on: December 25, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

humans as embarkable race can only be a bug caused by duplicate raws. Thats the only possible cause. duplicate raws ALWAYS show up on the errorlog... so if you have one for this, please have a look. I always make sure the release has no errorlog with default settings.  if your races are mixed up, it is no wonder that goblins also have some problems ^^ goblins are also the weakest of the hostile races, so they die off first, at least usually, according to logic they should ;)

9 kobolds thieves is ok... the adv. worldgen maps I include spawn 30 civs. So you can have 3 kobold civs at the same time trying to steal from you. it also depends on your fort value.

Thanks for the feedback and deliberate testing. the magic buildings are not new btw, I didnt change anything on them in the release you have. next release will have slight tweaking, but no big changes...

Inside spawning enemies already exist, but are really, really rare.  READ THIS, Big trouble in little Innsmoth, a story that happend in the mod. :)

Raiding system: You have a buccaneers drydock for orcs, and you can build a boat (tool) and send the boat and hired buccaneers with equipment (you need to give them weapons and armor) on a quest to raid elven hamlets, human towns, drow underdark, dwarven fortresses...

In reality you have this workhops, need to input custom tools (raiding gear, armor set, weapon set, and the boat) and either your brave raiders are killed in action (offscreen, no actual orcs die) and you dont get anything... OR they return with the boat and crates of loot. You can also explore old underground ruins to find blueprints and tech that you otherwise wouldnt.

It essentially simulates sending out war-parties to targets, and then returning with a specific reward (or die trying) I sadly cannot make actual soldiers leave, but this is as good as it gets with modding.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: December 25, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »

Oh, alright, I remembered about reading some changes somewhere. Prolly too sleepy too think straight.
Do you have any features in specific you need testing then? I will start a new fort on my gaming pc tomorrow, so if I should try something in specific, just tell me ;)

Just a little offidea, could you add in syndromes which have a chance to kill the user of the raiding system? Like in the Alchemy lab? This way there would be the possibility of losing orcs/dwarves.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: December 25, 2012, 09:14:10 pm »

BUG: Looking at the "d"escription of a Drider crashes the game. 'Tis not good.

oh_no

CarpetFibers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: December 25, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »

Found a bug in the Creature Research Lab. Even though I have 7 gold bags of loot, the lab won't let me open them. This seems to be the cause in reaction_Masterwork.txt:

[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]

should be

[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT:INORGANIC:GOLD]

according to item_toy_masterwork.txt:

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_LOOT]
[NAME:bag of loot:bags of loot]
[HARD_MAT]

Edit: After a second look it appears you have entries for the bag of loot as both a Tool and a Toy. but only the Toy version seems to drop. Is this intentional?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:27:11 pm by CarpetFibers »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: December 25, 2012, 09:48:00 pm »

Well, becoming a minor vampire through human blood seems to work. Let's try with a transformed lesser vampire now.

oh_no

Rossol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: December 25, 2012, 10:35:41 pm »

Summoning Circle idea sounds amazing! Really handy.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 749