Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776356 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7950 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »

bloody hell, ecru -is- a word...

why does my milita commander have bleached skin... -.-

ok .. totally want to test this now... - totally missed the glass chains, still using the "wood" template like the gem armor? try trading them to elves and see how mad they get >:-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:06:25 pm by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7951 on: December 31, 2012, 10:14:45 pm »

"wood" template like the gem armor? try trading them to elves and see how mad they get >:-)

Why does no one ever tell me that ? ^^
EDIT: Should be fixed, will do a testrun.
EDIT2: Yep, fixed and properly stockpiled.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:45:22 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: December 31, 2012, 11:07:45 pm »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7953 on: January 01, 2013, 12:57:09 am »

@japa: isoworld is added to the next mod version, to the manual and to the gui. all works. :)

@rest: Thoughts on poisons.

- bitterroot poison => paralysis   => farm yourself, buy, underground
 - shadowleaf poison => slow down => farm yourself, buy, aboveground
 - voodoo poison => opposed to life => buy plants from drow
 - greenskin bane => slow down and injure goblins/orcs => make from 3-5 normal plants
 - everdream poison => fall asleep => buy plants from elves
 - nether creeper => transforms into horrible something. => gather in third cavern only

Runesmith would use the same coating idea.
 - Each metal would be possible.
 - Each metal gives different bonus.
 - This way you can make steel swords coated with adamantine runes, or mithril axes coated with wolfram runes...

Items that can be coated are ammo, weapons and trapcomps. Syndrome takes effect upon blood-drawing hit, from all that I can tell from testing.

A magic weapons named wand, using ammo called spells, that have very powerful effects could be used as well. I had this in the mod long, long ago, but scrapped it, because it wouldnt work as good as I wanted it to. Now it would work perfectly. You could should polymorph spells, fireballs that explode on contact, acid spells that leave a poisonous puddle. All those would require quite some work, but in theory everyting goes. :) I can also improve the dynamite ammo with this, although it works as it stands.

Still throwing around ideas for a Warpstone applications with all this. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - Polls... Polls everywhere
« Reply #7954 on: January 01, 2013, 02:23:33 am »

That colosseum looks great, I will have to remap and tweak my Blood Arena to look better :P.
Also am I right that you use animals to spawn those enemies? I thought about making a big arena and hiding the arena summoner in a little room of it, while using creatures like dogs to transform them into enemies to fight.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: January 01, 2013, 03:31:45 am »

Finally, a magic system that doesn't work like Macroscoff's Thirteenth Edition!
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: January 01, 2013, 04:30:36 am »

my archelolgist picked up some holy / vampiric / foul / weapons, and a runic mithril scimitar >: )

one happy drakitty here.

had one of my milita smack a blind cave over in the torso - smited his whole body in half with that holy volcanic maul... yes .. i approve

really want to test that glass forge out.. been waiting the whole year for the release... =(^.-.^)=

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: January 01, 2013, 05:51:31 am »

Speaks for itself really. If you to know anything feel free to ask. I'll fill this up abit more when I find time
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: January 01, 2013, 05:59:28 am »

Speaking of platinum skill aether:
(In case I'm being cryptic here, the two are respectively sprites for the skill aether and the skill aether fracture.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:33:28 am by Bloax »

oh_no

kangzx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:51 am »

Just had the previosly reported crash when creating wooden bins (tried to add another bin to already full queue).
Should have used manager :)
Also it happened again after reloading, I can provide save if needed.

update: happens with leather quiver too, actualy it seems to crash whenever I repeatedly pres a+n in a workshop
so far it crashes in mason,leather worker,carpenter,crafts dwarf,smelter

doesnt crash in magma forge/crucible/metalurgist

Weeeird :p

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:39:23 am by kangzx »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: January 01, 2013, 09:46:16 am »

They are normal bolts, arrows or javlines, same ones you make in the forge. Only the material is different, instead of "metal bolt" you have "dynamite bolt"

Dynamite does not seem to appear in the materials list for bolts.  Also, what's up with the literally hundreds of different kinds of bone in that list?

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: January 01, 2013, 10:17:25 am »

"wood" template like the gem armor? try trading them to elves and see how mad they get >:-)

Why does no one ever tell me that ? ^^
EDIT: Should be fixed, will do a testrun.
EDIT2: Yep, fixed and properly stockpiled.
I am prety sure that stone weapons (made in the Rockforge) are also considered to be made of wood.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: January 01, 2013, 10:35:23 am »

How many boulders of slade should be necessary to make a slade turret? I've had eight boulders marked as TSK in the machine factor before the dwarfs decide they don't have enough.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: January 01, 2013, 10:37:42 am »

How many boulders of slade should be necessary to make a slade turret? I've had eight boulders marked as TSK in the machine factor before the dwarfs decide they don't have enough.
If i remember this correctly you need slade bars, from the arc furnace, not slade boulders

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7964 on: January 01, 2013, 10:48:58 am »

@ CheatingChicken: All rock and gem things that were not stockpiled when made of rock or gem, and have previously been made of a wood template, are not made with a metal template. All stockpiled, and more importantly trade correctly with elves. Slade metal has been removed. Because its useless since the weight slows down dwarves that much.

@ zeebie: Ok, I have a look at the dynamite. And there is a bone for each creature, so 1000 something entries for bone. About the slade boulders: 750. (was formerly slade metal, bars use 150 in quantity for one bar, should need 5 bars, so 750. When I removed slade metal, replaced it with boulders, accidently kept the 750 in. Is fixed now.)

@kangzx: Yes please. What exactly do you do, which version, which tileset, and so on. You have a carpenter, add 10 bins, full list, and then press n ? Or a+n ? Did you press ALT before that? Some dfhack plugins are toggled by alt.

@ bloax: Only creatures can use sprites. Items use tiles. Toys even have a fixed tile. I made skill aether a tool, but havent had the time to add fitting tile numbers to each. I can only take from the phoebus set for this. I think I rename it to Megabeast Soul now as well, after all Megabeasts have a butcher reaction in the Slaughterhouse.

@ godlysockpuppet: It is fixed. I think I wrote this 4 times by now in the thread ^^ But still, thanks ;) That is harmless broodmother secretion btw.

@ fairin: Hope the archeologist is not too overpowered. If people get too much free stuff, it will be nerfed. And glass weapons are apparently very bad, from what I can tell so far ^^

@ tahujdt: Ehm... What ? ^^

@ deon: Actually, I dont. No animals involved. I transform the dwarf into a immobile "dwarf releasing a foe", he drops a bodypart, bodypart is fit for animation, gets animated and opposed to life removed, then transformed into the fitting creature and crazed added. Dwarf releasing a foe goes back to dwarf, runs away. You now have any creature in the game, as a berserking opponent. Same system I use for setting up turrets, landmines, gargoyles, decoys, scarecrows, treants and orchids, and plan on basing my "internal invaders" on. Dwarves going rouge and spawning 10 skeletons and transform into a lich, or a shade army teleporting inside through a portal. (aka dwarf is possessed by shade, shade open portal, spawns 50 buddies) Now that I think of it, your fallen race would fit that theme as well ;) Evil things coming from the aether/nether.

I am curious about your arena as well. ;) And maybe I should add packs of weaker enemies to it. "spawn a group of xyz", that way its not as obvious if one more or less gets spawned or not. Last testrun I had 4 umber hulks made, from lobbed of bodyparts... ups. ^^
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 749