Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789316 times)

Ardantus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Happy new year :)
« Reply #7995 on: January 01, 2013, 10:07:11 pm »

Are there any plans to add Automaton size armors for use in adventure mode? I particularly like using them, and being cut in half by the first enemy with a steel sword is quite the buzz kill. I've been messing around in the raws and I've gotten most of the pieces of armor working, but shoes, and layering armors is still confusing me, but I've only been playing DF for a month or so, so I've got a lot to learn. Thanks for the killer modpack though :D

Ardantus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: January 01, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »

Are there any plans to add Automaton size armors for use in adventure mode? I particularly like using them, and being cut in half by the first enemy with a steel sword is quite the buzz kill. I've been messing around in the raws and I've gotten most of the pieces of armor working, but shoes, and layering armors is still confusing me
Just ignore this, I had a moment

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: January 01, 2013, 11:41:06 pm »

This may be intentional or i just never noticed it before. The stonecutter workshop uses masonry for building and crafting some items, but uses stonecrafting skill for making things like beds and bins, pretty much anything from blocks. Its possible i never noticed this before because this fort i have a legendary mason and legendary glass maker so i never used stone carving for trading. If this is intentional i figured I'd make a post here since I couldnt find documentation about it. Maybe it'll show up in google search for someone else.

This was on version b of your latest release. Also im not sure what little changes you might have made but i have had no world gen crashes on version b.

Oh and on the newest poll. I use all metals slowly. But also leather for armor and gems rock glass for some weapons and trap components. Just noticed the last poll option is not using metals at all but there was no option for using every material in the book.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:46:32 pm by kamikazi1231 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux as well :)
« Reply #7998 on: January 02, 2013, 12:54:01 am »

Yep, you are right, the Stonecutter does use masonry for the magma-safe stuff. Never noticed that... I will set it all the stonecraft for the next version, so people dont get confused.

Linux update is online. Somehow dffd was making trouble, so I put it on mediafire for now. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:51 am »

clicking masterwork font off for default (really.. really tired of that dissappearing text) generates this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

which causes it to crash even if i let it continue (the settings , while the game is running) . which it pritty clearly states " these settings can be changed without genning a new world" =)

yes im aware of f11 and f12 temp fixes =)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:28:07 am by Fairin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac as well.
« Reply #8000 on: January 02, 2013, 01:40:01 am »

Masterwork font off wont fix the dissappearing text. TrueType Off, will fix this. Even the vanilla df font will cause text to dissappear. (I also tested the button of course, my machine can run it... looks like a .NET framework problem)

I update both the linux and Mac downloads. Linux has been done by the industries arclance, with a special linux-focused readme in it, and the Mac version was a very quick miracle done by kudakero. He also did the mac versions a long a time ago. Most utilities will not work on Mac, but quickfort and DwarfTherapist, soundsense and dfhack do.
Edit2: Kodakeru was nice enough to repack everything, with both soundsense and dfhack for mac  :) Currently uploading again... ^^
Edit3: DONE. Finally.

DFFD was resisting the upload, so I put both on mediafire for now. I also completely forgot one thing in the changelog: Shell can be tanned into shellplate now, same as scale into scaleplate and chitin into chitinplate. ^^ Reason: Your fishers, fishing crayfish and turtles, can now fuel your leather production, by making shellarmor for your archers. :)

>>> DOWNLOAD ::: LINUX (V.2c for DF 34.11) <<<
>>> DOWNLOAD ::: MAC  (V.2c for DF 34.11) <<<
(Mac Version includes soundsense, dfhack, quickfort and therapist.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:24:15 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - Update is there. Linux/Mac.
« Reply #8001 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:49 am »

test fort 1 . unable to make gauntlets? - glass / rock / gem.

can make bone / shell / metal gauntlets

not labeled as mittens either... just to be sure .. or gloves

also could we get get a green glass blockx4 in the forge from raw glass as well?

was peering over the raws to see the strengths of glass / rock / gem compared to various metals.. ended in failure as my eyes went crossed looking for the numbers in the haystack of raws... hints? =)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: January 02, 2013, 02:51:45 am »

Yep, you are right, the Stonecutter does use masonry for the magma-safe stuff. Never noticed that... I will set it all the stonecraft for the next version, so people dont get confused.

Linux update is online. Somehow dffd was making trouble, so I put it on mediafire for now. :)

Thank you for doing that. I for one will be less confused. Almost lost a smith caste going legendary because i couldnt make a rock anvil in time. Had to panic trade for a fancy mithril anvil. I like that you will make it stone cutter skill. It will punish people like me that churn out glass. Now ill have to do some training if i want amazing stone beds in all my rooms.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8003 on: January 02, 2013, 02:59:00 am »

Fairin, really ? Dont you know that custom gauntlets dont work in DF ? :P they miss the right/left tags, and dwarves wont use them. Only fix is to remove the left/right tags from the hands in the body file, but then they wont equip the normal gloves anymore. All custom gloves dont exist. Same for volcanic and bifrost, and plategauntlets... dont exist.

Glass blocks can be done.

Glass materials are hardcoded, and not in the raws. I cant even alter them. If they seriously suck in combat, I will make 3 fake_glass entires, that at least have a fighting value, and make the material from them. As it stands, you have the original glass. Should be horrible for weapons, but what do I know ;)

@kamikazi: stone beds, cloth beds, metal beds, bone beds, your pick. :D

EDIT: Standardized option for toys, for animal meat, both work. Optional regional interactions, work. Two new creature settings, toggling another 100 creatures on/off, works. KOBOLD CAMP, optional... WORKS. Doesnt even conflict with orcfort, both run parallel. I will sleep now.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:02:17 am by Meph »

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: January 02, 2013, 03:25:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure I want my dwarves using raw mithril in the reaction to create concrete. Bug?

edit: and that image is unreasonably huge
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:53 am »

BUG: Replace all instances of 25000 in creature_orcfort_taigaorc with 2500. It seems kind of silly to have stuff like this happening:
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:2000:25000:3000:3500:3750:4000]

oh_no

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: January 02, 2013, 06:43:55 am »

For the plant poll: There is no need to use something else then plump helmets, aside from maybe quarry bushes and pig tails. I often refuse to use plants that can be eaten raw, just to make things more interesting. Maybe a option for masochistic challenge-seeking players like me that doesnt have raw-eat plants? :)

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: January 02, 2013, 07:43:26 am »

Note on the poll:
Plants: I use all kinds of plants, often around 20 types of plants, including the "more plant types" plants, just to give me a better variety of ale and more exquisite flours. I really like the diversity in plants!
Metals: I tend to use every metal I find. Copper always gets used for ammunition, unless I'm done with dozens of armor sets and can spare higher value materiels for ammo. If I find cassiterite, bronze will get used for ammo instead of copper.
Armor/Weapons uses the better materiels from the beginning. I don't bother with copper armor, but will start with steel right away. Or, in rare circumstances, I'll go for even better metals, if available and easy to mass produce. I don't consider iron to be a metal fit for warfare on itself, as it can so easily be made into steel. It's wasteful to use iron as iron!
I'm also fond of having brass (thanks for adding it to the blast furnace!), electrum and all kind of nice alloys for trade goods and furniture (although furniture oftentimes pure gold, just because. Gold. Dwarf. Good.).

Long story short: I love the diversity. It's nice to save some FPS by standardizing so much, like leather and bone and so forth, but oftentimes I just want the flavor when it comes to my industries. A dwarf needs to be well fed first and foremost, dwelling in luxury quarters next, and lastly defending himself with advanced weaponry, keeping the military small and elite, while having a glorious industry.

I'm fond of drink and industry. War only serves to protect the industry and has a secondary role (in most forts). Now having poisons and all other kinds of good stuff available, I feel I will need even less military, and can probable reduce it to legion dwarves for melee and fishers for ranged (expect that one legendary fish cleaner, who has his pond and nets!).

Sidenote: Trading food and ale is less rewarding in masterwork, but still works well early on. Once you start having a few encrusted gold crafts, you're set and fed. Still would wish my best brews and meals to be worth a bit more.

Edit:
A suggestion for the manual: In the Weapon & Armor page, add a link to a table with the poisons, what they're made from and what their effects are. Seems sensible to have that link here, and might also motivate people to actually use them :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:06:24 am by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:49 am »

I grow more than plump helmets because plump helmets don't give me dyed thread.

Wait, why am I joining in on this? I play vanilla...

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: January 02, 2013, 08:24:59 am »

Glass materials are hardcoded, and not in the raws. I cant even alter them. If they seriously suck in combat, I will make 3 fake_glass entires, that at least have a fighting value, and make the material from them. As it stands, you have the original glass. Should be horrible for weapons, but what do I know ;)
If I remember correctly bladed glass weapons work fairly well against light armor because it does not shatter like real glass.
There was a thread where they compared the different types of glass trap components, you might look at that to get a better idea of what to expect.

You can make new types of glass that the game considers glass if you put the [IS_GLASS] tag in their material definition.
That tag was found by memory hacking when someone reconstructed what the glass raws would look like if they existed that way.
There was a mod a while ago that made a more realistic glass industry that used it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:01:52 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 749