Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1789325 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Instant Update for smake :P
« Reply #8175 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:13 am »

You can justify expedition start in dining room really easy, along with armys showing up on it: Its not a start point, its a dwarfen rune teleporter. The bard/caravan/whatever teleports to the location given to them, and then they re-enter your fort trough the same rune location. And if they screw up, a army/warrior group follows them through the "portal" into your fort. Voila, we have a story-based legislation, im awesome :D

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: January 06, 2013, 11:20:24 am »

@Firehawk45: That sounds very WoW...  Not to my taste, but it does at least explain the strange properties of the spawning point...

@Meph: I find it quite relaxing.  Making a well-planned fortress with a diversified economy and a minimum of chaos and clutter is challenging and rewarding.  Eventually, when I get good enough at fortress running, I'll move on to things like invading hell, building mega-projects, taming strange animals and starting civil wars in order to make my fortress the capital of a new Dwarf empire...

But baby steps first.

And Automatons also always die in my worldgens at around the year 250 or so.

fasquardon

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:05 pm »

Thanks for moving the bronze statues under ground, they we're really hard (impossible?) to deal with a starting party of 7 flesh stat... dwarves.

As the new version is out, I'll not reembark there anyways. The curse of the new version... makes the old one look unattractive all the sudden. Psychology is weird.

I'm wondering on the "Regional Effects" stuff. As stated in the tooltip, it does stuff like:
- Reanimate in evil biome
- Heal in good biome
I was wondering if there are other effects, and if so, what they are, where to find them?
Will my dwarves be prone to go berserk in savage areas? Will my dwarves be lazy bastards in calm areas?
What about the colder climate? The scorching one?

Really wondering about this. I hate the evil biome endless-resurrection stuff, but healing dwarves in good biomes? Nice. Will they regrow limbs, too? :D
Just very curious :)

Molay

PS: Moth-keeping! Fantastic idea! Now I want spider-keeping, too. And I want to keep some zerg-like creatures that are made of very adaptive tissue, which can be collected and used in the health industry, to restore lost limbs! Or that can be cooked to give me synthiflesh or something like that, to regrow parts.

Would be nice to be able to mess around with health industry - lost an arm? No problem! Here is synthiflesh and bone - we'll regrow it!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: January 06, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »

Just preparing a new Embark for the new V.2d release when I found this.
Are those supposed to be there?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: January 06, 2013, 01:00:28 pm »

Well, portals are in most fantasy worlds, but WoW has too much of them, thats right. Always wondered if they would make portals into the next unoccupied toilet, that would be nice. :)

And yes, its the best explanation i can come up with, aside from the strange not-working explanation now. Its a simple trade off. You want access to all this stuff? Well, that thing is a security danger, inside your fort!

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh_no

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »

@wrex: The LNP keybind file? I can easily add that as an option. I wanted to, but completely forgot about it. Meat from hives sounds too low as a product. Hiving is a lot of work, so I thought about the cornichea insect, that gives carmine dye. New dye source. And completely realistic. Second option are spiders for poisons, both I think would make people use hives more.

I would disagree, since you can edit the rate at which you get items out of hiving.

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: January 06, 2013, 03:14:01 pm »

@fasquardon

I think the automatons die out because they dont heal (?) or arent fixed (?). Atleast i dont think they heal. That has to be changed.
There should be like Automaton engineers or somestuff. They would fix them up with their welder or some juju magic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:23:43 pm by firons2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8183 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:55 pm »

@ImmortalBrain: Volcanoes are usually sand-less if I am not wrong. Concubine social skills will be nerfed. Didnt know they do labor... I raised the maxage of Automatons, but I have no idea why they die in worldgen, I have the same problem in the test forts. Glass: For now I used bronze iron and steel. crystal glass is difficult enough to make, if it is iron, people would just use iron instead.

Golden rune removes it for 100 ticks... but I have no idea how it plays out ingame, the entires system might be overpowered for all I know. But balancing it will be easy, once I get reports. Double helm stockpile entries are fixed, and the "unmoveable" turrets and landmines... ehm... just pasture them, dwarves will move them. Drakescales: Will see whats wrong, no idea why they should be refuse now. But I did do many changes in the material templates, so no surprise here...  good region weather: I really dont know where that gold comes from... it is not in the raws. I checked all the interaction files for weather materials, there is no gold.

@Molay: If there were other effects I would have named them. So far it is only what has been in the mod all along. only the good biomes changed. deserts have blinding sand clouds, and glaciers should have blizzards that dont harm anyone... and isnt synthiflesh from star wars? A bit... non-medieval-fantasy ? ;)

But yeah, more medical stuff for the Apothecarius is planned as soon as I get to it.

@Putnam: True. It can be done with modding, but it makes no sense. RL people farm cows for meat, not ants. DF people do the same, a lot less work then settings up hives, collecting colonies, splitting them and harvesting hive products. If people want to farm food they have many options already. Thats why so few people use beekeepers ingame, because the honey for food and mead is not worth the effort. If I add silk, more people will use it. The main problem is that you cant tell you beekeeper to collect only bees, or only silk moths, or only something else. So the hives will get mixed up. But if I take silk, which makes cloth... and add dye, to dye cloth... then that mix-up is not bad, but serves a purpose, because people will use/need both products at the same time.

@bloax: Bad bloax. No uploading of stuff without asking the author first. :P

@CheatingChicken: Where in embark? Extracts, tanned hides, pets ? wait, it looks like pets...  do you have a save of the world? I really want to have a look at that.

@Portaltechnology: I always think of the Diablo townportal when I hear this... its very high-fantasy with magic. I'd rather use an "escape tunnel" or "entry to the deep roads"... something dwarven, magic is so elvish. kind of.

If anyone can find out why Automatons die in world-gen, that would help a great deal. Thanks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: January 06, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »

You know I'm bad - I'm bad, you know I mirror things when I feel like that.

Though to expand on the automatons, do castes appear in hostile attacks? Because they could definitely use some castes where they're quite simply made of different materials. (As a start, anyways.)

oh_no

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: January 06, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »

Hey meph can automatons heal? or recover? Cause i dont think so. They should have Automaton engineers which are reaaaaly fragile but shoot like regenerative steam at friends or something along the lines of that.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: January 06, 2013, 04:33:51 pm »

I'm not sure why, but at least in ASCII+ (which I tend to play in, I dislike most tilesets, but ASCII+ is pretty and still ASCII), many of the graphics changed in this update. Trees got an appealing change, which I don't mind, but most shrubs and ores got changed to something ugly now.

rrroach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: January 06, 2013, 04:38:03 pm »

Is stripping weapons from caged prisoners not a thing anymore? All of my caged goblins won't let go of their bows or arrows.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8188 on: January 06, 2013, 04:39:37 pm »

Automatons, How do they die out?  I think they don't die in the first couple years (i.e. they don't starve).

Is it possible they found civs but just don't spread out much?  One thing that is a little odd about their and Frost Giants entity file  is that they all biomes are BIOME_SUPPORT frequency of only 1.  If you make some biomes a higher number (say, 4) I think they will be more likely to spread new settlements.  Of course if you make *all* biomes a high number they should spread like the plague.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2c - NEW POLL
« Reply #8189 on: January 06, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »

why you ask in the Masterwork Mod thread how to use a plugin (dfusion) which is included in dfhack, about changing castes in another mod (Equestria) ? ??? The dfusion thread, the dfhack thread or the Equestria thread are more fitting...
Because this mod has a bunch of castes, so I figured that someone would have tried Dfusion embark and failed.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 749