Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790927 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8355 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:08 pm »

For creatures having the fitting sprite, the name, the description, biome (above or underground) and the bodysize would be nice.

Cave Ogre (awesomely drawn 16pixel image of a cave ogre here)
Underground
Size: a lot
Description: Cave Ogres do things. Take care.

This would be more then enough for creatures. The few with special somethings about them I could add by hand, like firebreath, interactions or itemcorpse.
That is not quite possible at the moment.
I don't parse "raw/graphics" since changes there are comprehensive enough that deleting/overwriting the file is simpler and the changes are meaningless to non-modders anyway.
I think the parser can handle them but I would have to test it.

The rest of that is all possible since the "full" parse of the raws lets me read all the tags for every creature.
I think itemcorpse would be easy to automate by checking what it is in the raw files to get its "in game" name.
Firebreath can be detected automatically by checking for "DRAGONFIRE", "FIREBALL", and "FIREJET" to see if a creature has it.
Depending on what you want say about it it could be full automated or just mark the creature as "breaths fire" or something.
I don't know about getting a "human readable" anything out of interactions automatically, I could just tag them as "has interaction" to make them easy for you to find.

I don't know if I would have time to do this but I will let you know if I do.

A table for metals is already included in the manual. 4 actually.
It is a image right now, that makes it a little hard to read.
  (The more weight the better for blunt weapons. The higher the shear yield, the better for edged weapons)
You might want to say what values make good armor here as well.

Making a list of reagents would be easy? Even stuff like "has glob producing mat" or whener the reaction draws from reaction_class or hast material reagent ?
You can just make a list of every material that has one of those grouping tags like "reaction_class" and put them on a page that is liked to whenever one of them shows up in a reaction.
For "from reagent" I would just make it say "material depends on reagent used" or something similar.

It is not extremely simple but it is also not horribly complicated like making a flowchart since that would required code that can follow product chains through various workshops.
Getting that to work while also respecting the way reactions work is very complicated but not impossible.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: January 10, 2013, 07:48:11 pm »

Meph's existing low-tech and not perfectly formatted manual is already as good as any that came with a retail game I can think of in the last 10 years  ::)

... (btw i didn't really mean "eye roll" emoticon there, i meant, "you guys are crazy but in an awesome way" ;) )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:00:44 pm by smakemupagus »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 10, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »

smake - i second that. it could use some more detailed industry guides and how-tos, but other then that... pretty much everything's already there. a giant list of creatures would be possible, of course, but i don't know how often i'd refer to it!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:50 pm »

smake - i second that. it could use some more detailed industry guides and how-tos, but other then that... pretty much everything's already there. a giant list of creatures would be possible, of course, but i don't know how often i'd refer to it!
I agree with that.
If you have to read the raws to figure out what a building really does the guide is not clear enough.
I had to do that to see what the "Excavate stones" reaction in the "Archeologist" does as well as what reactants it uses.
It is not in line with the description of the archeologist since it does not use the other "archeology gems" or run automatically.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25:31 pm »

Hm... Well I did turn surface monsters off, mostly because I was tired of burning skulls obliterating my entire embark site. I'll test it out. Thanks!
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: January 10, 2013, 11:00:37 pm »

@Meph, do you purposely change the metal content of Tetrahedrite and Galena  (in yours, Tetra lacks the normal [METAL_ORE:SILVER:20] and Galena lacks the [METAL_ORE:LEAD:100]) or is it a minor typo? .

if it's a design decision to simplify then that is cool, but in that case I will give the Orcs a "traditional galena process" reaction ... I miss having that abundant beautiful teal green lay pewter :) 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8361 on: January 10, 2013, 11:27:55 pm »

Yes, I did take lead completely out... I think I was asked about lead reactions, so I put them back in, not realizing, that the ore was missing, since galena is right there, you know, ore of lead and such...

So, tetrahide is by design, because of balancing. All custom workshops that ask for silver ore would take 1 tetrahide and make silver from it.

Lead removal was by design, but I guess I should have added that one line back as well ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »

Yeah, we had a situation here once where the Mrs. Smakemupagus nearly lost a fort to a lead or lay-pewter demanding Baron tantrum (she never loses forts typically), so ever since then we have locally played with the lead ore turned back on :)  and so I forgot whether it was a bug or feature ..

I agree on the tetrahedrite it makes sense, in vanilla it feels kind of cheaty to be able to smelt it all into Billon and instantly double the total value.  But then there are plenty of other ores of silver so you don't miss out on any metals.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: January 11, 2013, 12:16:52 am »

Deleted - Dropbox error
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:34:33 am by JodGap »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: January 11, 2013, 07:49:21 am »

I need some help. The Temple of Armok is not giving me the option to ask for help to deal with the carpcult. What do I do?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8365 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:39 am »

"Ask armok for help by possessions" should be in the temple. The only way that this is not true, is if "secrets" are disabled. If you disable this option, the possessed dwarves and the cult of the carp will also be disabled. The only way for the reaction to be missing, but the creatures to be there is this:

You disabled the "secrets" and then switched tilesets, which as stated, might reset some options. Your entity file with the reactions is the same, but the creature_standard got overwritten with the version from the other tileset. Which is a design flaw of the GUI. I should probably mention this in the manual somewhere. A few of the options (3, or 4 of them) can get broken this way. Just turning the options on-off once will fix it. Unfortunately not in your already running game.

My prediction is that you turned it off, then switched to ascii or ironhand... (?) I will change it so that the reaction will always be available. Then this situation can be avoided in future.

EDIT: Ups, completely forgot to answer your question: You can still buy a ward of armok from any dwarven caravan. Which takes a while, ordering from the next liaison, then waiting one year...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:00:11 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: January 11, 2013, 08:04:13 am »

how long would it take the cult to kill my fort?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8367 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:08 am »

Depends on the size of it, and how quick you react. You might loose 1-4 dwarves in the first year, if you do well. 2-8 second year, and so on...

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: January 11, 2013, 08:48:04 am »

Masterwork's Offline Editable Manual <- Click it you fool!
Changelog:
- All sections, links and frames are now Editable (11/01/2013)
- This means it is fully editable now! All the whole site!
- I just copied the home DF Wiki page, pasted it into an editable article, and everything got pasted correctly:
photos, tables, colors, formatting...

Next update: Creatures, Castes, Materials, and a lot of new content sections. (No more GUI)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:03:30 am by JodGap »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:38 am »

Thats a great changelog, did you make all the forms yourself? I would love to have HTML manual for my mod too, tired of Excel apps :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 749