Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1791147 times)

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8370 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:46 am »

Thats a great changelog, did you make all the forms yourself? I would love to have HTML manual for my mod too, tired of Excel apps :).

I start by coding a basic HTML structure with tables, the "How it will look".
Then i copy & paste blank "editable" samples inside every table.
JS just hides / shows the tables and manages the navigation tabs
You can also delete a tablet and its contents then fill its parent div, this will however remove the "Last Update xx" msg and the sample "?" Pic.

I have done over... 300 copy & pastes, and filled 250 links to achieve this...
1 hour aprox

HTML5 takes care of the "editable" function and your browser of the "save" part

After this GUI Manual i will create a Normal Manual, i think people will like it more. After that one you can have a blank sample version of it and i will modify it for your Mod. But you will have to wait, stay around
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:32:42 am by JodGap »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:21 am »

I can fill and modify it for myself, I just asked if you could share something or is it copyrighted for Masterwork only? I guess I should ask Meph too to be nice :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

I can fill and modify it for myself, I just asked if you could share something or is it copyrighted for Masterwork only? I guess I should ask Meph too to be nice :P.

If you are not afraid of its 13051 lines of code... welcome aboard!

New version, with logos: http://i.imgur.com/ZGp7N.png

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121453.msg3935900#msg3935900
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:48:02 pm by JodGap »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »

Oh, I see you used my drawing as a background, awesome :). I'm glad you like it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8374 on: January 11, 2013, 01:45:20 pm »

[sarcasm on] Yeah, Deon, of course we have to ask each other to use our stuff, especially, if that stuff has been made by someone totally different.[sarcasm off]

From my perspective everything in the mod is open-source. :) If Jodgap is ok with it, sure you can use the template.

@JodGap: Making good progress there :)

EDIT: Your drawing ?  I did include 3 wallpapers in the mod since... ever. One is by scribblebit, and the other two I found with google, but never knew the author. There are titled: wallpaper-by-unknown. You are telling me that this was yours all that time? ^^

EDIT2: http://kyon.pl/img/14517.html Thats were I found it, linked from the dwarf fortress facebook page. ^^
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:52:04 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: January 11, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »

Oh, I see you used my drawing as a background, awesome :). I'm glad you like it.
I dont just like it, i love it! It fits perfectly!
Do you really draw that good? I had no idea it was yours, i just used google and "stole" it like a ninja

So... no problem if i use it right? Now i must let you use my template yes or yes as compensation hahaha

<edit> Do you have more of those?

@Meph do you want the "blue" navigation bar in a different color?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:55:36 pm by JodGap »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8376 on: January 11, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »

@JodGap: Lol, even you got it from google... It's included in the manual you are working on, you already had it one your harddrive ^^ If you are looking for more check http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1604.0.. the last pages have some seriously good stuff made by Borkur and Tofu.

About the navigation bar: I am no designer. I used white on black in the manual, because the game is white on black. Choose your own color. A pink manual would be nice :P No, seriously, do as you please, this is your work. If there are small things I would like to have changed, I will say something. Otherwise go ahead and do your thing.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: January 11, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Use this picture if you like it, I want to support Masterwork with everything I have :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8378 on: January 11, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »

In that case please sign here ___________ and hand over your soul. We can then split my to-do list in half :P

Anyway, I havent done anything since the last update, might start on the next one today, might start tomorrow...

gn0rt0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CREATURE:DOG missing?
« Reply #8379 on: January 11, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »

I'm still pretty new to all this, but after upgrading, I couldn't find any dogs available at embark. I could see the armored dogs, but not the normal dogs. I figured it was all part of the map/embark. However, it's been several games without them, so I decided to look at the RAWS.

CREATURE:DOG is missing from the RAWS in the download and I'm wondering if this is by design to push us towards Mastifs? The armored dogs can't bread, so I'm not sure if the intent is just to only buy them from caravans etc.

Perhaps I've overlooked something and it really is there/working, but I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this.

-G

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:16 pm »

Was looking through the gigantic ammunition list and I didn't see any option for glass or stone bolts. How do I equip those specifically?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8381 on: January 11, 2013, 05:26:12 pm »

@gn0rt0n: Has been posted before, and is fixed. I removed the pet turtle and sorted some things in the file, accidently deleted dogs while doing so.

@a dwarf: glass or stone bolts are just bolts made of those materials. Like steel bolts, or iron bolts. They should be in the same list. I previously used another template, but to make it easier on people I deleted glass/gem/rock-tip ammo, and used normal one. Dwarves should just accept them as bolts.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: January 11, 2013, 06:22:50 pm »

So how do you guys inscribe or poison specific weapons? like the exact one you want. because i have a lot of weapons. do you make a stockpile? and somehow set it to a custom item? how would i go about doing this as well?

Nevets_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:08 pm »

I wonder if it would be a possible to make armor/weapon upgrade reactions each be their own micro workshop, sort of like a combination of a spawn location and a display case.  You would be able to pick an existing specific weapon and an existing specific rune when constructing the workshop, but the reaction would need to destroy the workshop (or at least the components used to build it), which I don't know if that can be done.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »

Just wanted to report that slag has quality levels, which is surely a bug.
Right now my master furnace operators are churning out slag worth 4000+ each. It's actually pretty funny to see the intended waste products actually be my main money maker.
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 749