Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1776161 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8385 on: January 11, 2013, 09:00:09 pm »

Yes, I forgot to set slags material value to zero. I feel stupid enough for doing this, stop hitting me when I'm down :P

I wonder if it would be a possible to make armor/weapon upgrade reactions each be their own micro workshop, sort of like a combination of a spawn location and a display case.  You would be able to pick an existing specific weapon and an existing specific rune when constructing the workshop, but the reaction would need to destroy the workshop (or at least the components used to build it), which I don't know if that can be done.
Why? That would be horrible. 15 workshops, plus 6 workshops for the poisons, and then you can only coat one item at a time... that does not sound like an improvement to me.

What I do for specific weapons: Send the military guy to the workshop, forbid his weapon, he drops it, unforbid it, run the reaction. Since this weapon is the nearest, he will take it, coat it, and then I tell him to re-equip it. You can also use linked stockpiles to your advantage.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »

Depends on the size of it, and how quick you react. You might loose 1-4 dwarves in the first year, if you do well. 2-8 second year, and so on...

Thank god for my speargolem. Who is the pet of my main soldier. :)

I so don't want to lose this fort.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:23 pm »

I doubt this is intended, but I tested and found that concrete blocks can be ground down to concrete boulders at a stonecutter's workshop. Doing so gives you a net gain of 1 stone if you commit the whole 8 concrete blocks to the stonecutter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 10:28:31 pm by Tally »

bezment78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:10 pm »

how to install tthis

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »

Nothing special to install, it is already a full thing separate from any other versions of Dwarf fortress you might already have.  Just download, unzip, and Click on the "Settings" application to begin playing.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »

Artifact slag bludgeon is surely not intended behaviour? For what it's worth, ludicrously effective.

Also, when I can upload the trestfort, Warlocks appear to be vulnerable to their own acid spell, as the package will show when DFFD stops being stupid and uploads the damn file -_-

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8391 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:30 pm »

@Tally: I doubt that people will abuse this one free stone all that much. After all you could just make some from clay/sand in the glassforge/kiln.

@bezmet78:
Step1: Read the included readme.
Step2: ...
Step3: Profit.

@wrex: What? Someone used a slab as a weapon? Thats normal df behavoir, more or less... and Warlocks are very random, but I think I keep them that way for at least a while. Its more fun that way. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: January 11, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »

No, I mean, they crafted a bar of slag into a mace. I'm not even sure if this is possible, even according to strange moods ._.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8393 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:12 pm »

Ah, sorry. I misread slag as slab. Yes, it is possible, since it is officially a metal. Ores have metal_ore:slag, otherwise I couldnt add it to the smelter reactions. They are hardcoded, I cant just add ingredients.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:16 pm »

You will be happy to know, then, that is is ludicrously effective.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: January 11, 2013, 11:46:20 pm »

That sounds excellent, I want my guys to make one now, though knowing my luck it'll be a dagger or something.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: January 11, 2013, 11:51:53 pm »

You got an artifact that wasn't iridium?!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »

Well, I also got an Iridium dagger in the test fort. Combined with an adamantine rune, it will be, simply, the weapon to end all weapons.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: January 11, 2013, 11:57:29 pm »

Now, Meph, are you sure that the adamantine rune's effect doesn't stack on itself? I just realized that there's a distinct possibility that it could cause double, quadruple, octuple--though it'd probably get stuck there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8399 on: January 12, 2013, 12:01:16 am »

This, I dont know. The wiki doesnt say if it stacks or not. If it indeed does, I can prevent that by using interactions and cannot_have_syndrome_class.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 749