Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1790172 times)

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2e - Update: Increasing difficulty. And Orcs.
« Reply #8430 on: January 12, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »

Just had blendecs show up with steel equipment now. I think this might be the case for most of these easy races.
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: January 12, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

Changing Grazing from YES to NO causes the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suggestion: Add 'a' to 'tropical' ;p
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8432 on: January 12, 2013, 02:56:49 pm »

:D

Your tapirs and impalas will go hungry then... I tested the new grazing thing on the domestic creatures, then added all the filenames. Yeah for stupid typos. But it doesnt break anything its just these 2 creatures that keep grazing.

@capslock: Is that... good? or bad? Should blendecs have steel?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: January 12, 2013, 03:04:25 pm »

@capslock: Is that... good? or bad? Should blendecs have steel?

Did you change something in Fort defense?  (If you're supporting FD now, then let's also fix the badgermen size bug ^^ )

It would be sort of bad if too many of the Fortdefense Easy races had steel, because then your fort would have too easy access steel by killing weak enemies.  To the extent that FD is balanced, Blendecs are designed to drop cassiterite so that you can upgrade your copper trash from Frogmen etc. to bronze, so steel would break that progression.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8434 on: January 12, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

I know of the problem, I know the cause. I only comment out the entity id in the fortress defense files, and each entity above the commented-out entity uses all the tags/reactions/items...

So strangler have no weapons, are above the blendecs in the file, stranglers are ON, blendecs are OFF, all blendec-items are now part of the strangler civ. I just have to either add a metatag for each [, OR sort them all into one entity file each. First one will be easier and is quickly done.

Anyway I am offline now. Enough for today. ^^

And for those that want to have a look at a possible futures, here the big to do list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:13:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: January 12, 2013, 03:18:42 pm »

Orcs have the sieger tag, they will wait 1-3 months before they might attack. Thats by design, same AI as humans have. Blocks trading and surface access.
They have been there for about 9 months.
Meph any idea why the Orcs stick around for nearly a year and not "1-3 months" and still have not done anything but sit there?
They don't seem to be working as intended if they are supposed to attack or leave after "1-3 months".
If they were a little farther from the edge of the map I might be able to build a wall around them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:20:24 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8436 on: January 12, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

I searched a bit through the forum, apparently all civs with sieger tag stay literally forever... once post was saying 9 months... the wiki just states: Waits for a month or so. Thats all the info I got... and this sentence:
Humans would sometimes set up a camp near the map edge they arrived on, harassing wandering dwarves and waiting for you to come to them instead of blindly charging toward your fortress.
(humans are the only vanilla race with sieger tag)

So I guess you rather have me remove it ?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: January 12, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »

I searched a bit through the forum, apparently all civs with sieger tag stay literally forever... once post was saying 9 months... the wiki just states: Waits for a month or so. Thats all the info I got... and this sentence:
Humans would sometimes set up a camp near the map edge they arrived on, harassing wandering dwarves and waiting for you to come to them instead of blindly charging toward your fortress.
(humans are the only vanilla race with sieger tag)

So I guess you rather have me remove it ?
It would probably be best to remove it from a race that is always hostile though since they will do this repeatedly.
Having a race you have to provoke into war do this (like humans) would be okay because you started the war.
You could also make the manual says something like "they may stay until you kill them" so people know why they just sit there picking their noses if you want to keep it in.
It just feels like a bug otherwise.

They let me finish building that wall without harassing my dwarves you would think that would be close enough for them to attack.
That is what made it feel so much like a bug.

I never noticed humans doing this before but the last time they sieged me they showed up right next to my archery towers and got shot at.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8438 on: January 12, 2013, 05:09:48 pm »

@Umbra: Nope, artifact instruments are just as useless as they always are. ^^

Could they be able to do something in the music stage, like prolong or boost the effects? Is that possible to code in?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:55 pm »

Actually they're quite useful, can't you build the music stage in the dining room out of an Artifact instrument? 

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: January 12, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »

The soggoths seem a bit overkill to me. Can i have a dwarfen mage who can just banish them, without getting a reward from it? Just as the nooby way out of it? :)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Alchemy/Chemistry Poll
« Reply #8441 on: January 12, 2013, 09:23:15 pm »

The steeloak I can fix

The issue was with normal oak, not steeloak. But let's see if the issue is resolved with this newest update. Maybe it was just a weird mixup by chance.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: January 12, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

Just had an idea- Demonic castes? Orc fortress, kobold camp, why not demonic fortress? That'd be interesting. Of course, getting anything done would probably be impossible, if say your miner demons were steel blobs with magma eyes, but its a thought.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: January 12, 2013, 10:11:31 pm »

Just had an idea- Demonic castes? Orc fortress, kobold camp, why not demonic fortress? That'd be interesting. Of course, getting anything done would probably be impossible, if say your miner demons were steel blobs with magma eyes, but its a thought.

It could be interesting to experiment with random castes, particularly those which may offer some odd effects for a playable race; a demonic fortress mod could work well for that. Arguably, however, that could get REALLY confusing, or make immigration really tedious when you have to sort out which demonic citizens may be made of fragile or highly flammable materials, or may have syndrome attacks, or such.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: January 12, 2013, 10:38:43 pm »

Well, i guess that could be part of the fun.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 749